Will Scourge Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Disappointing, but oh well.

At least, I hope GGG learned something from this league. That league mechanics that interact with core mechanics are more fun than something like Heist.

Scourge was the perfect mapping league. It gave maps x2 their value and the more scourge you pushed the better rewards.

Some of the corrupted orbs were cool.

The "krangle" mechanic was kinda bad.

But the main point is that Scourge made maps and even low tier maps 10x more fun.
^I on the other hand think that doubling the value of every map that drops is absolutely absurd and way out of line with every other league mechanic's rewards ever. And the guaranteed drop affixes in krangled maps trivialized a lot of other league mechanics, despite the general stated goal of requiring players to actually engage with a given former league mechanic to obtain that league's rewards. One glaring issue is that the relative rarity of the Scourge-specific orbs meant that a lot of what could have been possible was not in reality possible.. feels bad when the most interesting thing is just recoloring and linking corrupted gear, and all the cool stuff with Tainted Chaos was not actually within reach for anyone but the rich in trade leagues. I'd rather the league didn't have these issues, and that it could stay around, but benching it is easier than trying to fix everything about it that would pose long-term issues.. at least for now.
Not good. I actually love the scourge mechanic and gameplay. Instead you should remove boring harvest which sole purpose is crafting only for the wealthy 0.1 % population of the playerbase or rework Heist instead.
if scourge isnt coming back what happens with the tainted currency, tell me at least were gonna be able to get those even if only in the vaal side areas cuz those were so nice and having a way to modify corrupted items makes them not that useless
You can't please everyone you can see the split in the comment of people hating it and people loving it, personally i liked the scourge mechanics for maps, it felt rewarding, the tainted currency was a great idea but the rarity of some of the orbs didn't make it shine.

Maybe you can look into combining some of league mechanics together if it fits within the lore you have created, example would be ritual and ultimatum both can be combined in unique way to create a challenging ritual alter
Last edited by Ramymn on Jan 12, 2022, 11:22:33 AM
Scourge not going core is a mistake :/ it's a really cool mechanic
Amazing league! hope had more time for play next one! wish had insane currency for buy this league unique and play with some crackec build that only 0.1% addict plays when dont had job or had RNG master ... also I booked my vacation for next week since always is league start, so my next league i gonna have time to play is standard i guess... really nice
Scourge should be reintroduced withered down like a new beyond mod/device craft. No krangled items unless you remove the downsides which are all ridiculous. Tainted currencies feel weird but should stay in the game somehow too. I just love how smooth it is and how it scales difficulty and rewards in every single map. It felt WAY better to play specially in low tier and even during leveling. Before I changed my filter to be more strict to farm super juiced content I was leaving every single map with the inventory full.

Scourged maps are decent but no need for them to be reintroduced honestly.

Blood crucible only if it's not limited to scourging only three times which is why no one would ever risk scourging anything they actually want to use.
sadge. scourge is cool
Finally a good decision made there, I skip this league from the beginning and this approved my wise choose from the start. wish GGG can get better league design on next time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info