Will Scourge Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Can we at least get the vaal currency to drop from main game? Maybe vaal side areas or something. I'll really miss those if they don't make it into the base game tbh
"
drakelucas wrote:

I like how the "Core" game of Path of Exile, the "Standard" league, is completely a dumpster y'all just hate on. I've yet to see a core version of the game to use as reference for the leagues.

I would play in standard league but then I will miss all the new content when you decide it is unworthy for standard while you let the items dump happen at the temporary league end to mess up the economy. So the items are ok but the gameplay is not... thanks. People like me invest money into the service you provide, that you then take away the service.

Getting my characters builds erased over and over while you balance for the temporary league, not the standard game of path of exile, is a joke. It has been over 10 years for y'all to learn how to use math to balance a game. Your so worried about taking away broken shit from players at league ends and hurting some poor and weak ass feelings of the top 1% that your pissin off and pissing on the other 99%.

SSF "but" they have to play online has to be the biggest scam. Pushin an irrelevant identity crisis as a game mode was more important than so many other options or things to do kinda shows who is in charge now. How do you know they are SSF, they will tell you how SSF they are...

Don't talk to me about how poor and weak Standard is. You get free skittles every single league, of stuff that will never exist again.

I've sold IIQ Gems, 30% Goldwyrms, 3% Perandus Signet, 20% Sadimas, 1200 ES tops, all sorts of crap in standard that doesn't exist anymore. Don't even try to say you can't buy it either. most stuff that is legacy can sell 5-7 ex, which is again, skittles. And most of it can literally 1 shot most content, when brought together.

I also have a 532 ES Shavronne's with 41% Lightning Res, but it's in a Unique Tab.

We can't get this stuff anymore (most of it)
Last edited by rekikyo on Jan 15, 2022, 11:13:48 PM
It seems The Last to Die didn't live up to his name and is among the first ones to die. What a loser.
Genuinely glad to hear this. I didn't enjoy the core gameplay loop; the amount of time I had to spend re-running over the same terrain was not fun for me.
Good call.
One of the main reasons for the power creep PoE is struggling with is that nearly all league content has been going core for several years now. Catalysts, Oils, Cluster Jewels, alternate Qualities, etc. are nice gimmicks and help build variaty, but all this stuff piling up over the years has its downsides. I feel like a lot of the recent nerfs could have been much less severe, if GGG had been more picky about integrating past league stuff in the core game.
Honestly I'm glad to see Scourge being discarded. Sure, it was fun for the time being, but sort of felt like just another Delirium and modifying corrupted gear shouldn't be this easy.
Krangle is bad
but scourge is the best mechanic you ever released after delve.
Last edited by _Vince on Jan 18, 2022, 10:34:44 PM
What will happen to the tainted currency that will remain in the players stash tabs and inventories, after the end of the Scourge league?
Last edited by inkor on Jan 19, 2022, 5:31:10 AM
I rather hope tainted currency is added to the game. It would be a good addition to vaal areas, alva's temple, and any maps/areas which are 'vaal ruins'.
I hope Scourge comes back in some form, I actually liked it.
Last edited by Riftmaster on Jan 25, 2022, 8:34:32 PM
"
Krangle is bad
but scourge is the best mechanic you ever released after delve.
I was actually wondering if Scourge could be made into something like Delve - except you would toggle it on and run through regular content/maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info