Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

RIP
Yay! About time, now we will not have to get rid of the wisdom scroll prophecy every time. Getting rid of Twice enchanted is another good sign that the path for ascendency will change. That should be the focus of the 3.17 patch. Eliminating LAB!
"
Nubatron wrote:
I tend to roll with the changes in the game, but this is a dumb one. Prophecies are easy to ignore if you don't want to do them. They don't even interrupt your mapping experience. Silver coins can be filtered and never seen. You can choose to never interact with Navali and it won't matter at all since they moved the recipes.

Just a bad change.

Basically this, they could have it reworked instead, cutting the crappy ones and making the rest a rare drop and/or div.cards outcome. There's other useless crap that can be safely removed - say tormented spirits aka stoopid ghosts, or rare talisman drops.
While removing prophecy conditions from the scripts could improve performance a bit, i doubt it matters at all compared to the amount of calculations while say killing a typical screenful of monters.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
goodbye lady navali
I don't know how Crystal Vault didn't make the cut. Pound for Pound, It's probably the most powerful Sub elite tier Prophecy Unique in the game, along with Kaltensoul. The Raw ability to partially mitigate all Phys hits with builds like Divine Flesh through triple conversion was on of the strongest league starters and mid map grinds in the game.

It's almost as if you're saying you want post Brine king grind to be slow and more unrewarding. The combo saw use well into T16 maps.
Sweet. All for this. Prophecies became a crutch that confused the origins of items, and the timeline associated with that.
>Lilly Roth as a new possible hideout NPC. She will take over hideout divination card turn-ins from Navali, and also give you access to her gem shop.

i like this

its going to be sad every time i see a place where a prophecy could have been used to spice something up though.
I can see what led to this. The big one being that you honestly burned through Coins slower than you acquired them and there were very few Prophecies that were actually good, like Twice Enchanted, Jeweller's Touch, Fated Connections, etc.

I can live without Prophecy and we get Lily Roth to compensate for it, especially since she doubles as a Gem saleswoman to make our own +20 flips.
"
QQPQ wrote:
I'm not sure why I bother replying, since GGG has abandoned console entirely, but removing Prophecy before Torment?

What were you thinking?

There are lots of other lame leagues too, like Talisman, but I can understand that those don't have Scarabs, currencies, etc.

Torment should definitely have gone before Prophecy.

Prophecy has much much more to offer, and is actually utilized in one form or another by a huge percentage of the playerbase. Even the ones who hate the actual mechanic will buy the resulting items, sealed prophecies, fragments, etc from other players.

It's also one of the few leagues that isn't "oh, yay, another thing that has an 8% chance to show up in my maps..."

Torment had better go soon.

Torment makes fights harder, so it won't go. Mechanical and random boosts to boss fights aren't something they want to remove.
6 years is plenty for a cryptocurrency lifespan. good bye silver coin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info