Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

Rip 5 links, 6 links, Tabula, and not having to pay 10x for a fated item when you could just use the prophecy to get it for a few chaos.

This really hurts my wallet.
Without knowing what is planned to be added in the future to potentially replace the fated uniques that are being removed, I would have to say that some of the fated uniques listed as being removed kind of sucks. Some of those are still entirely viable, or better than nothing as a leveling unique.

I will not miss any of the fated uniques, and as a collector I am glad I basically have all of them in standard to gaze at every now and then. I hope that In the future more interesting fated uniques are added into the game, instead of abandoning the concept all together.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
I enjoyed Prophecies a lot.

Please do not remove Fated version of unique items, maybe remove base uniques instead? Basically any unique from that list was beloved by someone.

Twice Enchanted made huge difference for lab running (Gift to the Goddess is very expensive) please provide alternative asap.

I gonna miss map juicing prophecies such as Rats, Frogs, Tempests, The Twins, etc. etc. Please compensate for them or add alternative way to activate them (maybe Scarab like thing? Definetely NOT Sextant mod as it will compete with other desired sextant mods) or maybe even improve base density of maps. Hidden Reinforcements, Unseen Peril, The Scout, Rebirth, etc. etc. were awesome as well.

Master Prophecies were a good way to target masters.
Man, this makes me sad. I like having little surprises from prophecy. I wish they had given a league's worth of warning though. Announcing this now is not much different from killing it right away. Most people aren't going to be engaging with this mechanic much at this point. I really do hope they bring it something similar to prophecy in the future. It felt fair and available regardless of the build. And it has multiple levels of engagement so you don't feel like you're wasting your time if you don't go balls to the wall. I get that there are too many systems in the game, but what else is similar to prophecy?
Jesus Christ, people think that because the voice acting of Navali is appealing the mechanic should stay in the game? And what about this bs about revamping prophecy? It's so bland and outdated that updating it would be as hard as making a new league anyway. And to top it all, most of the prophecies don't have any impact in the game, and the ones that does they'll probably add to the game somehow, as stated in the post. I would guess they'll add twice enchanted and the mob density ones.

Hope GGG will stand their ground, this is such an amazing approach to "recycle" content.
Prophecy was the perfect mechanic for me.
I do not need to do prophecy at all in a league if i don´t want to.
I can just ignore silvercoins and dropped prophecies and will never encounter anything of it.
Prophecy has an on/off switch for players.

But in a time of crafted +7 to skills or 12-links prophecy is just not cool enough any longer to even exist ..... tnx Path of Craftile!

Things like syndicate are much worse - you are forced to do them for the recipes and they can jump you on a rippy map at the wrong moment without activating them.

Bring back leaguestones if your system can´t handle everything at once or place switches on the mapdevice for every league that exists and let ppl select 3-5 of them and keep all others disabled for that map.

But hey - gems in hideout yay ....
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
"
nefarious wrote:
Sounds good, pantheon update/removal/replacement when?
They updated a bunch of pantheons in 3.16
Honestly they should've gotten rid of Talismans instead. I mean seriously, why would they choose to keep these in the game when 99.99% of them are useless and no one really uses them anyhow? Because Chris Likes them is the only reason? Meh, not good enough. Do away with the cancer that is Talismans 1st then eyeball Prophecy. That would've been the order I would've taken to lessen the impact a bit and would've bought more time to make adjustments for the loss of prophecy altogether.

Shoot Now, ID later right?
Last edited by AShugars on Dec 1, 2021, 10:47:13 PM
twice enchanted ?
Cassia supremacy
man i hope Geofri’s Legacy isnt on a end game boss how am i ment to kill the end game bosses with out this?

please dont put them on end game bosses the people who can do end game bosses will filter these items as trash and will never get picked up and sold on trade so effectly making the item non existent.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Last edited by maxtraxv3 on Dec 1, 2021, 10:59:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info