Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

I just noticed. Natalia posting about Navali. Was this intended?
I like how alot of people dont understand that game code is barely holding all the content, and GGG just have to remove old content to add something new. Nobody was arguing about perandus getting removed by the way. Accept the changes, game that we all love will be better anyway.
---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSKK5UeJNQ <---
awesome, so happy you are finally removing some of the old content. its getting too cluttered. So happy to hear this.
"
zeraldrrr wrote:
I like how alot of people dont understand that game code is barely holding all the content, and GGG just have to remove old content to add something new. Nobody was arguing about perandus getting removed by the way. Accept the changes, game that we all love will be better anyway.

Leagues formatted properly are nothing more than function calls that are fetched when needed.

The biggest cause of scripts running poorly are Hit checks and calculations.
Something they just keep increasing despite the fact.

Every time you swing a weapon it's blowing through 1,000 potential conditions and checking if each one is applicable. Now x100 that because of player attack speed and enemy Density. That's a literal estimate btw. An engine needs to know if something is on or off to it checks every single time.

Ultimatum made pretty clear the limitations of this game's code lie in it's Hit checks and rendering.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
The way some of y'all hold on to outdated content is insane. Let Prophecy go. Maybe we can do away with all the Vaal stuff and just join it with newer content so we don't have yet ANOTHER collectable. Fight Atziri in Atzoatl.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 1, 2021, 9:38:51 PM
Awful decision. And the best part about this? They're going to follow through with this anyway despite the feedback that is written by people on this thread. So much for telling players your plan ahead of time and then changing things based on feedback.

At least be transparent with people as to why you're doing it. Either your engine can't support more league content going forward or whatever other reason, but at least give a solid reason as to why. And if it's solely based on your opinion about Prophecy not being up to par as a league anymore, then that's absurd because Talisman is still in the game and we're somehow supposed to be satisfied with that content and pretend like it's immersive.

Navali has some of the best voice acting out of all the NPC's. Voice acting that actually gives a premonition vibe as to what you will encounter with the prophecy you obtain. Prophecies for maps give us a sense of adding more things we can alter or add to maps and other prophecies are good because they are centered around other content of the game. At least the design of the league mechanic felt unique and well-thought-out. Now we will have one less mechanic that gives us a deterministic way to farm or obtain things and I HIGHLY doubt anything will be able to replace it without being a gimmick.

Just why...
People's logic on here:
"Can't form a valid argument? Easy, stalk the person's profile instead and attack their character.
Don't like or can't handle someone's opinion? Easy, label it as “toxic”."
Don't worry too much about Navali though, she likely saw it coming.
nice one
We’re adding Lilly Roth as a new possible hideout NPC. She will take over hideout divination card turn-ins from Navali, and also give you access to her gem shop. this is nice dont have to go out to town to buy gem for recipe or the one you need nice .
The only good thing about this announcement is getting Lilly as a hideout NPC.

I feel like prophecies are a good system that the player can interact with from league start up to high end map juicing, i.e. the league mechanic still is a relevant game system. Just ripping it out half-heartedly without concrete alternatives for some of the prophecy effects feels awful to me.
Glad Duskblight is here to stay, endgame item drop tho.... Ouch. Hope that's adjusted soon.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
rip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info