[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

Can somebody look at my pob? I keep dying a lot.

https://pastebin.com/8Zg0L9kd
"
markwngo wrote:
Looking for help with my build. Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/Ay891Tgt

I've got 2 free points free currently, thinking about dropping thick life wheel all together and fill in King of the Hill. I think dropping that wheel puts me at 4k life, although I can still pickup 10% increased life from a mastery and 6% life with 4 dex from filling in the Golem's blood wheel. Reason I'm thinking is that if I get King of the Hill, I can drop increase crit strikes and get crit multi gem?

Do I look at dropping Ballistics and Heart of Oak eventually? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hey you're missing blood rage which adds quite a bit of dps. Beyond that you really want to bump up your crit chance so I'd take the king of the hill wheel. You can spec off Alira into 2 passive points I'm sure that will give you enough of skill points. If you need more rez/crit chance, you can path to one with nature which provides a bit of both. For instance once I pop bottled faith I have 100% crit chance which is then scaled by my 4.8x crit multi. I think you want to maintain about 80%+ crit chance which requires bow wheel + diamond flask most likely. Beyond that you probably want some more %dex scaling since right now you have a lot of flat dex but not that much %. I think the cheapest place to get that is Wildwrap, a %dex brutal restraint, a Brawn Jewel, or %dex gloves. Another upgrade is grabbing elemental pen lab enchant on boots which lets you freely swap out of cold pen support for crit damage support.

So to summarize -
1) Add blood rage - this is free.
2) Take King of Hill Wheel + diamond flask. This should give you enough crit chance to make crit dmg support good. If you need more and don't want to invest in gear you can pick up one with nature node or the spell suppression notable which also gives +100% crit chance. At this point you should swap out cold pen support.
3) More % dex scaling - pick up whatever is affordable for you. One thing you can do is find a ring with a ton of resists, use elemtanl rez catalysts on it and use that to solve your rez issues so you can find cheaper gear elsewhere.
4) I'm personally a fan of dying sun ruby flask - it's 10c and it adds huge QoL to mapping and a lot of dmg to bosses with barrage. Along the way I'd pick up ignite immunity on one of your flasks; considering ignite and poison are two pretty scary effects. Your pantheon should also give you freeze immune and chill effect reduction so don't waste your flask on that
"
HardSide wrote:

I would say you can pick up ignite immunity on flask instead of freeze but more importantly vaal molten shell is a lot lot better than cwdt. Usually when we die we are bursted to like 500-1k hp so taking reduced dmg after that point isn't really enough to keep us alive. The shield from molten shell/VMS is a lot better. I also think your life flask is kind of scuffed, we have mediocre regen so a flask that only heals 1k is not so useful imo. I run a flask with instant recovery on LL that heals 2.5k which is quite nice since it heals over time when I am healthy and keeps me topped off and burst heals when I need it. You can also just opt for generic increased healing amount; just don't take 66% reduced healing.

Also damage wise I think you don't have enough crit chance; either need crit chance support over inspiration or you can just go bottled faith which gives you a load of crit.
Last edited by Nihilum12345 on May 29, 2022, 1:17:19 AM
Wow, I could finally finish solo simulacrum wave 30 with the build. Couldn't even get to the 29th last league, and I had 2600 dex over 2400 now. Also, back then I still had some chaos res, this time it is plain -60 (and only 3450 life) :D Even had four portals left! The DPS is just insane.

New boots explicit is awesome

If I throw these ones on my char from Archnemesis, I get 250 Mill Sirus DPS without flasks. That life pool though :D
Last edited by Gymme_Axe on May 29, 2022, 4:49:10 AM
Hi, I was wondering if the '% increased projectile attack damage' implicit mod from the gripped gloves, affects the siege ballista gem. I was thinking if I am going to use a hunter-influenced base glove, that means I have no access to the eldritch implicit mods.

Also I would like to check where I can squeeze out more damage with the build.
https://pastebin.com/qfeP0eVF

The goals currently:
Awakened Elemental damage with attacks support gem.
T1 Dex Stacking gloves.
T1 Dex Stacking rings.
T1 Dex Stacking belt.
Brutal Restraint jewel below the duelist starting nodes.

I have the impale immunity because I'm doing expeditions. Sometimes I have to deal with impaling remnants, its a small deviation to provide me with QoL against impaling enemies. I've been insta'd ko by impale stacks before.
My 4th flasks are usually for elemental bosses and maps with gained phys to X elemental damage map modifiers. Helps me survive, especially when I get barraged by several bow mobs with those elemental types. Most likely to instantly die before I could react.

Also one last question, is the recombinator specific mod like the 2 to 4 cold damage per dex modifier on a rare boot more useful than the unique boot for this build?
Thanks in advance.
"
elementdot wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if the '% increased projectile attack damage' implicit mod from the gripped gloves, affects the siege ballista gem. I was thinking if I am going to use a hunter-influenced base glove, that means I have no access to the eldritch implicit mods.

Also I would like to check where I can squeeze out more damage with the build.
https://pastebin.com/qfeP0eVF

The goals currently:
Awakened Elemental damage with attacks support gem.
T1 Dex Stacking gloves.
T1 Dex Stacking rings.
T1 Dex Stacking belt.
Brutal Restraint jewel below the duelist starting nodes.

I have the impale immunity because I'm doing expeditions. Sometimes I have to deal with impaling remnants, its a small deviation to provide me with QoL against impaling enemies. I've been insta'd ko by impale stacks before.
My 4th flasks are usually for elemental bosses and maps with gained phys to X elemental damage map modifiers. Helps me survive, especially when I get barraged by several bow mobs with those elemental types. Most likely to instantly die before I could react.

Also one last question, is the recombinator specific mod like the 2 to 4 cold damage per dex modifier on a rare boot more useful than the unique boot for this build?
Thanks in advance.

Yes gloves implict affects Siege Ballista, akin to the projectile nodes on the tree.

The sentinel modded boots is a trade off - far more damage for less life. Unique boots gives you more survivability but the boots (at 2000+ dex) adds more cold damage than your weapon and chest together.

You can have hunter and elder influenced gloves but these will be extremely rare and expensive to obtain with the mods you want.
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
"
HardSide wrote:

I would say you can pick up ignite immunity on flask instead of freeze but more importantly vaal molten shell is a lot lot better than cwdt. Usually when we die we are bursted to like 500-1k hp so taking reduced dmg after that point isn't really enough to keep us alive. The shield from molten shell/VMS is a lot better. I also think your life flask is kind of scuffed, we have mediocre regen so a flask that only heals 1k is not so useful imo. I run a flask with instant recovery on LL that heals 2.5k which is quite nice since it heals over time when I am healthy and keeps me topped off and burst heals when I need it. You can also just opt for generic increased healing amount; just don't take 66% reduced healing.

Also damage wise I think you don't have enough crit chance; either need crit chance support over inspiration or you can just go bottled faith which gives you a load of crit.

can you link your flask? so i can have some guidelines... ty

as for the crit, ill check it out.
What is the process to get some of those rare boots with added damager per dex?
Do you just throw "good" boots with Dex/Life/MS into recombine and hope, or is there some special way?
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:
Wow, I could finally finish solo simulacrum wave 30 with the build. Couldn't even get to the 29th last league, and I had 2600 dex over 2400 now. Also, back then I still had some chaos res, this time it is plain -60 (and only 3450 life) :D Even had four portals left! The DPS is just insane.

New boots explicit is awesome
Unavailable

If I throw these ones on my char from Archnemesis, I get 250 Mill Sirus DPS without flasks. That life pool though :D

Pls my bro hiw you get that affix on boot ????

Im dying for the str one for my str stacker

Please spill the beans !! 😇
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
HardSide wrote:
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
"
HardSide wrote:

can you link your flask? so i can have some guidelines... ty

as for the crit, ill check it out.

You can check my profile for this league; only one sent character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info