[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
GraissE wrote:
Hello ! Thank you so much, already well advanced in red maps with this build.

I find myself however dying a lot, do you guys have the same issue, or do you have a workaround for this ?

I also feel I have a lot of damage but packs (especially beasts / expeditions) sometimes don't die at all or very slowly.

Here is my damage :

And here is my POB :

https://pastebin.com/aCk2Fd9v

Thank you for your help !

Most of what Mike said above is definitely correct (Also helpful for me too; don't know why I was running coil when my budget is in the 10ex+ range). I think one conceptual thing to keep in mind is that your passive points are very valuable and you should typically try to avoid small passive nodes that don't lead to something very valuable like a keystone/jewel socket.

1. On your tree specifically you are wasting an extra point near one with nature and another one after your savagery node in the duelist area. With just these two changes you can grab another jewel socket in ranger area and add a brutal restraint.
2. In my opinion the the spell surpress cluster is also wasted since you're way above 100% with Hyrri's especially. This frees up another 3 points, which puts you pretty close to a large cluster with Cold to the Core and Prismatic Heart (make sure you have the right cluster for this so that it doesn't take too many points). This also opens up another jewel socket; which is the least passive point intensive way since the next closest would take us 5 passive points going up from the ranger class jewel scoket.
3. I would swap the place extra totem keystone notable for the crit one. The way I solved my mana problems was with a clarity gem + a watchers eye with flat cold and damage recouped as mana. I played around in POB and found that at around 1600-1800 dex flat cold adds the most damage. Precision + hatred watcher eyes are def better but quite a bit more expensive.
4. You can consider point blank corruption for your quiver if you need another passive point.
5. No point in running two life flasks - replace one of them with a dying sun it adds a ton of QOL to mapping and a solid dps boost on barrage support. Also make sure you're actually getting value out of the flask suffixes - your 4th flask reduced ignite duration is not super useful and not sure how useful chill immunity is when you are already freeze immune. I'd consider curse and shock immunity as potential options.
6. Anomalous siege ballista at 20% is a pretty big QOL improvement and a minor DPS improvement with barrage. It's also not super expensive
Last edited by Nihilum12345 on May 25, 2022, 12:58:05 PM
I accidentally went kill all for bandits, How should I recover the lost resistances?
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
I accidentally went kill all for bandits, How should I recover the lost resistances?

Get more resists on gear/jewels? Also know that you can revert your bandits choice. For details check here: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Deal_with_the_Bandits
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
Furor_Dei wrote:

Get more resists on gear/jewels? Also know that you can revert your bandits choice. For details check here: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Deal_with_the_Bandits

did not know i could revert thanks! super high resists are expensive right now is the main issue and the build uses a large amount of uniques. just wondering if i should drop a unique or two for rares and if so which ones.
Thank you very much for your replies. I have carefully inspected each of them and started to fix it. I now need to farm a bunch to be able to fit all the recommendations :D

GL ! Will let you know how it goes !
"
Furor_Dei wrote:

You can pick up holy dominion for 2 point which adds another 12%, your unique jewels aren't doing too much for you ATM it shouldn't be too expensive to find some resists there. mana shouldn't be an issue after ascendancy points.

So I managed to make these boots with recombinate and eldritch currency..

I wanna multicraft it, but I can't decide what to craft, I guess Life for the prefix, but any1 got any ideas for the suffix? :D
Don't really need resist (except chaos resist) So thats an option.

Any1 got any good advice for the last suffix?

"
Bzorek wrote:

I wanna multicraft it, but I can't decide what to craft, I guess Life for the prefix, but any1 got any ideas for the suffix? :D

Get resists. You think you don't need resists now; but once you start moving to synthesized rings and large cluster jewels you'll realize that you lose a lot of rez from gear and tree. Between your tree and your ring implicits you'll lose 24% to all rez and 60% to fire even assuming you can get similar quality suffixes on a synthesized base (this is really expensive, running 15ex+).
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
"
Bzorek wrote:

Get resists. You think you don't need resists now; but once you start moving to synthesized rings and large cluster jewels you'll realize that you lose a lot of rez from gear and tree. Between your tree and your ring implicits you'll lose 24% to all rez and 60% to fire even assuming you can get similar quality suffixes on a synthesized base (this is really expensive, running 15ex+).

I see your point! Thanks for the advice :)
Looking for help with my build. Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/Ay891Tgt

I've got 2 free points free currently, thinking about dropping thick life wheel all together and fill in King of the Hill. I think dropping that wheel puts me at 4k life, although I can still pickup 10% increased life from a mastery and 6% life with 4 dex from filling in the Golem's blood wheel. Reason I'm thinking is that if I get King of the Hill, I can drop increase crit strikes and get crit multi gem?

Do I look at dropping Ballistics and Heart of Oak eventually? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info