[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Gymme_Axe wrote:
Wow, I could finally finish solo simulacrum wave 30 with the build. Couldn't even get to the 29th last league, and I had 2600 dex over 2400 now. Also, back then I still had some chaos res, this time it is plain -60 (and only 3450 life) :D Even had four portals left! The DPS is just insane.

New boots explicit is awesome

If I throw these ones on my char from Archnemesis, I get 250 Mill Sirus DPS without flasks. That life pool though :D

Hey do you have advice on how to craft/get your chest? That looks like a nuts upgrade over a generic 6l wildwrap.
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
can someone check out my templar and see what i should prioritize with upgrades? It has been many seasons since I played but I am just not making any money so progression is very slow. I get insta-killed often in content lvl 70+ and I am lvl 83.

1. You really want to finish up your fangs of frost wheel and get another jewel socket. You can either level a few more times by waiting around in global chat for people doing free breachstone/coward's trial/beachhead. Alternatively you can ditch nodes around heart of oak.

2. Swap out of 2% HP Regen per second, our hp is way too low for that to be worth it. Take the flat life mastery instead

3. Don't run 2 life potions - you need all the utility/damage on flasks you can get. Options include Jade Flask, Diamond, or onslaught flask at lower budget level and Dying Sun (10c) at higher. Also don't use a Quartz Flask - it's trivial to cap spell suprresion with this build once you get proper dex on items.

4. You are missing dex everywhere - you want a flat roll on pretty much every piece of gear you are using. This should not be too expensive at this stage in the league. This also applies to your jewels; you should be searching for +#% to life and pseudo: +20 to dex.

5. Swap to a 4link wildwrap or Hyrri's Ire. Hyrri's Ire is a huge damage boost at lower levels and you don't need more than a 4link.

6. Inspiration support is good for until you get a mana reduction cost craft on rings; otherwise you're liable to run out of mana too often. I also see you have basically skipped the entire support set up of Frenzy/Ensnaring Arrow/Blood Rage/frost bomb/sniper's mark/Vaal Haste (you don't need haste aura, just the vaal active for more burst dps). You won't be able to fit all of these easily for now; but you can definitely fit a lot of it since you have 2 gem slots freed up from not running Enlighten + Bonechill and another freed up from not needing second wind/enhance. A good support set-up easily adds 20%+ dps even at sub optimal set ups.

Trying to follow this one step at a time, in the 4 link chest what should I run for gems? I started to setup helmet 4 link with hatred/skitter/bonechill/enlighten but then realized lvl2 enlighten is an exalt, and my mana got messed up with it I can only summon a few totems at a time. Could you elaborate on the free runs in global? I don't know about any of those - is that an instance I open or someone else runs me or what? I will look into inspiration support.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
Thank you I will fix EE right now and look for the other things. What is the '2 chaos recipe' you are referring to?

If you hand in a full set of unidentified gear of item level 60 or higher you will get 2 chaos from a vendor. Early on, this is a slow but steady way to generate some currency. btw.. a set of identified 60+ gear gives 1 chaos.

thanks i will start filling inventory on my way out of maps!
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
can someone check out my templar and see what i should prioritize with upgrades? It has been many seasons since I played but I am just not making any money so progression is very slow. I get insta-killed often in content lvl 70+ and I am lvl 83.

1. You really want to finish up your fangs of frost wheel and get another jewel socket. You can either level a few more times by waiting around in global chat for people doing free breachstone/coward's trial/beachhead. Alternatively you can ditch nodes around heart of oak.

2. Swap out of 2% HP Regen per second, our hp is way too low for that to be worth it. Take the flat life mastery instead

3. Don't run 2 life potions - you need all the utility/damage on flasks you can get. Options include Jade Flask, Diamond, or onslaught flask at lower budget level and Dying Sun (10c) at higher. Also don't use a Quartz Flask - it's trivial to cap spell suprresion with this build once you get proper dex on items.

4. You are missing dex everywhere - you want a flat roll on pretty much every piece of gear you are using. This should not be too expensive at this stage in the league. This also applies to your jewels; you should be searching for +#% to life and pseudo: +20 to dex.

5. Swap to a 4link wildwrap or Hyrri's Ire. Hyrri's Ire is a huge damage boost at lower levels and you don't need more than a 4link.

6. Inspiration support is good for until you get a mana reduction cost craft on rings; otherwise you're liable to run out of mana too often. I also see you have basically skipped the entire support set up of Frenzy/Ensnaring Arrow/Blood Rage/frost bomb/sniper's mark/Vaal Haste (you don't need haste aura, just the vaal active for more burst dps). You won't be able to fit all of these easily for now; but you can definitely fit a lot of it since you have 2 gem slots freed up from not running Enlighten + Bonechill and another freed up from not needing second wind/enhance. A good support set-up easily adds 20%+ dps even at sub optimal set ups.

Trying to follow this one step at a time, in the 4 link chest what should I run for gems? I started to setup helmet 4 link with hatred/skitter/bonechill/enlighten but then realized lvl2 enlighten is an exalt, and my mana got messed up with it I can only summon a few totems at a time. Could you elaborate on the free runs in global? I don't know about any of those - is that an instance I open or someone else runs me or what? I will look into inspiration support.

You can start with something like this -

4 link - Frenzy/GMP/Cast on Critical Strike/ Frost bomb or sniper's mark
3 link - Ensnaring Arrow/GMP/Culling Strike
2 link - CWDT - Vaal Molten Shell

Other skills - don't need to be linked - in rough order of importance.
1. Movement SKill (flame dash, etc).
2. Hatred
3. Blood Rage
4. Summon Skitterbots
5. Vaal Haste
6. Precision/Clarity - these are mostly for watcher's eyes and not very high prio.

Basically until you have the money to fit in enlighten + bonechill and 2 6 links (1 for SB and 1 for a better set-up that lets you proc both sniper's mark and frost bomb more consistently), you only really need a single 4 link and a total of 14 sockets which is pretty easy to get.

In terms of mana issue - with Inspiration support and only 2 auras reserved you shouldn't have mana issue. Worst case you just buy a good ring with open prefix and craft reduced mana cost of non channelling skills.

In terms of rotations, join global 820 chat and sometimes people will host free rotations which is a pretty good way to leach xp. You can also consider joining discord The Forbidden Trove where people will sometimes offer free rotations as well. But mostly I think the build levels pretty well in maps till lvl 95+, just be careful on map mods and don't run reduced regen, multiple chain/proj, ele reflect/things that take your max rez off 75%. The only way you really die a lot in maps is if you blindly run them and run a map with like 4 scary mods like crit multi, more ele dmg, players are cursed, etc.
Last edited by Nihilum12345 on Jun 1, 2022, 4:29:32 PM
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:

In terms of rotations, join global 820 chat and sometimes people will host free rotations which is a pretty good way to leach xp. You can also consider joining discord The Forbidden Trove where people will sometimes offer free rotations as well. But mostly I think the build levels pretty well in maps till lvl 95+, just be careful on map mods and don't run reduced regen, multiple chain/proj, ele reflect/things that take your max rez off 75%. The only way you really die a lot in maps is if you blindly run them and run a map with like 4 scary mods like crit multi, more ele dmg, players are cursed, etc.

thanks very much! i can afford a 6L briskwrap, is it worth buying and what 6 should i use it for?
"
Furor_Dei wrote:
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:

thanks very much! i can afford a 6L briskwrap, is it worth buying and what 6 should i use it for?

I think grabbing 6l Briskwrap is a big upgrade over what you have now; I would go for your siege ballista set-up in your 6 link and run Frenzy set up on your 5 link bow (you can run frenzy/Cast on Crit/GMP/Sniper's Mark/Frost Bomb. I like frost bomb just for the healing reduction it gives, otherwise at lower investment sometimes you run into bosses where you just can't burst them down and they heal back up.
I think I have hit a complete brick wall.

I can not kill any of the bosses with sentinel active. Can not do any maps with any altars active as the DOT effects or the stupid 'projectils are retards' mod just cause instant deaths.

Can not do anything about it due to no currency and in 36 maps I have only made 37c (as I have to buy T16 to sustain). DOT is the problem here I have burn immunity but chaos/poison dot kills instantly.

Since league start I have only received 4 Shaper maps and 2 Elder maps.
I have run 53 T16s and have not got a single T16/15 map drop - map sustain is in the gutter. I ran 25 maps with all map nodes in atlas tree, saw no difference, so unspecked them.

To get this build capable of doing most content I need 50 exalted orbs. Economy this league is broken and only serves the rich/6-player group play.

Can not get new rings to help with ailment avoidance/chaos res due to no currency.

Only saving grace is the fact I 6-linked my own bow, 5-linked my own chest and through a miricle crafted my own boots. Everyone else was bought based on found/farmed currency but this was 2 weeks ago. Nothing since then.

Really stuck with progression and have no idea what to do. Which is ironic as last league I managed to max this character beyond belief. This league cant even get a map to continue playing the game. Spend more time trading than mapping because nothing drops.

Did polaric invitation, yes boss was sentinel boosted, but 6 portals and only took 10% of his life.

Think this league is over for me.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Jun 2, 2022, 10:06:27 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
I think I have hit a complete brick wall.

I can not kill any of the bosses with sentinel active. Can not do any maps with any altars active as the DOT effects or the stupid 'projectils are retards' mod just cause instant deaths.

Can not do anything about it due to no currency and in 36 maps I have only made 37c (as I have to buy T16 to sustain). DOT is the problem here I have burn immunity but chaos/poison dot kills instantly.

Since league start I have only received 4 Shaper maps and 2 Elder maps.
I have run 53 T16s and have not got a single T16/15 map drop - map sustain is in the gutter. I ran 25 maps with all map nodes in atlas tree, saw no difference, so unspecked them.

To get this build capable of doing most content I need 50 exalted orbs. Economy this league is broken and only serves the rich/6-player group play.

Can not get new rings to help with ailment avoidance/chaos res due to no currency.

Only saving grace is the fact I 6-linked my own bow, 5-linked my own chest and through a miricle crafted my own boots. Everyone else was bought based on found/farmed currency but this was 2 weeks ago. Nothing since then.

Really stuck with progression and have no idea what to do. Which is ironic as last league I managed to max this character beyond belief. This league cant even get a map to continue playing the game. Spend more time trading than mapping because nothing drops.

Did polaric invitation, yes boss was sentinel boosted, but 6 portals and only took 10% of his life.

Think this league is over for me.

Economy this league is pretty scuffed; Sentinel really rewards group play since with a grouped juiced team you can invest a ton into Sentinels and compound that with bonuses to quant/rarity from group play, and each person gets to run 2 sentinels which further exponentially scuffs things.
What I noticed this league was that at lower budgets there honestly was no big difference between running t14 maps and t16 maps, you just need the minimum to progress your eater of worlds. I basically farmed my first few exalts of profit with just harbinger/essence nodes + rewards for completing maps. Early in league Catarina was also pretty good for her drops. I almost never use sentinels on a boss; it's just not worth the amount they are strengthened by even at my investment (I have something like 30 million dps on bosses currently).

At this point in the league tho I feel like most easy content is not super profitable; and tbh I don't know how people are making currency without abusing it with super cheesy strats like the expedition + city square route or with 100% delirious beyond maps. I think the current problem is that it's trivially easy to juice everything and run perfect maps with exponential content stacking if you are already well-geared; so the people who get off to a good start just farming exponentially more currency inflating prices for everyone. It's important to keep in mind that a lot of what they added to the game outside of a few chase uniques like ashes/mageblood/omni are just increased quantity of regular drops (like scarabs, essences, etc.) which makes scraping together initial currency a lot harder since you're competing with full builds
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:
Wow, I could finally finish solo simulacrum wave 30 with the build. Couldn't even get to the 29th last league, and I had 2600 dex over 2400 now. Also, back then I still had some chaos res, this time it is plain -60 (and only 3450 life) :D Even had four portals left! The DPS is just insane.

New boots explicit is awesome

If I throw these ones on my char from Archnemesis, I get 250 Mill Sirus DPS without flasks. That life pool though :D

Hey do you have advice on how to craft/get your chest? That looks like a nuts upgrade over a generic 6l wildwrap.

My chest is a shitty base, will have to craft a new one later on. Now I am broke cos I crafted this
. Got unlucky, it took me over 50 exalts worth of locking suffixes and harvest influence reforges. Should've just used recombinators all the way. As for the chest, just use the recombinators. Last league I had an identical chest
, crafted it by throwing hunter orbs on the appropriate base and then elevate. Last league the base was about 50c. This league it is already up to 10 ex 😓
Last edited by Gymme_Axe on Jun 3, 2022, 3:17:33 AM
Hey folks, I was wondering if someone might take a look at my build (the only character I have in this league) and give me some advice on what I should focus on.

I managed to drop the card that gives you 5ex, so I have ~1200 chaos to work with. I've been enjoying the gameplay of the build a lot, but now that I'm getting into t14+ maps, I'm definitely getting a oneshot a lot more.

I definitely need to shore up my defenses more and figure out how to reduce chaos/poison damage, but from what I understand reading through the thread, the real survivability of this build is through the massive damage killing things too quickly to hurt you, so I'm a bit split on what to spend my currency on.

I am really enjoying this build and want to scale it into some of the endgame bossing if possible, so any direction/guidance from those of you more familiar with it would be amazing :)

One thing I will note is that I know that my flasks, while not the worst, also aren't perfect since they trigger through me getting hit. I enjoy autoflask setups because my reaction time is terrible with flasks, and I'll probably transition them over to triggering of crit (assuming they can trigger off totem crits? I haven't looked into that yet.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info