[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

EDIT: nvm im dumb
Last edited by DZLWZL on May 23, 2022, 12:52:03 PM
"
DZLWZL wrote:
Maybe i'm doin something wrong but why does the Endgame Tree in the pob show 126/123 passives

Not sure, mine is showing up correctly. Do you have the most recent update for PoB?
"
That sentinel mod does look incredibly powerful but how much life do you lose?
With 2400 dex, those boots add 480 life which is a huge amount when all of the % increases are factored in.

close to 900hp at 2426dex if i remove my Garukhan's D:
Last edited by LurkerMcTroll on May 23, 2022, 4:05:32 PM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
"
Zuuule wrote:

Where can I find a list of these new sentinel mods? I've checked PoE DB, craft of exile and the wiki and I cant seem to find them.

https://poedb.tw/us/Recombinator#RecombinatorMods

That sentinel mod does look incredibly powerful but how much life do you lose?
With 2400 dex, those boots add 480 life which is a huge amount when all of the % increases are factored in.

I'm embracing the softcore life and am a 6-portal enjoyer :)
"
I'm playing this build in 3.18 and it is stupidly OP for cost of the build. It was already good in previous leagues but the new dex stacking sentinel mod on the boot slot has taken it into god-like territory. My boots more than double my dps from 23M Sdps to 54M Sdps - https://pastebin.com/Lp5sTq6N. I checked the top poe.ninja guy's POB and he's not even using these boots - his Sdps goes from 100M to 180M with them.

The new Impossible Escape jewel is pretty useful in a lot of cases but I use the Wind Dancer one to get Revenge of the Hunted, Forces of Nature and Aspect of the Lynx.

My gear is not even anywhere near min-maxed but i'm now saving up for a Mageblood for another build as there's no point in getting more damage, bosses just melt in the blink of an eye.

so, to craft this yourself, you have to recombinate two random rare boots and hope for the jackpot? or is there any "trick" to get these sentinel mods?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
feuerbach wrote:
"
I'm playing this build in 3.18 and it is stupidly OP for cost of the build. It was already good in previous leagues but the new dex stacking sentinel mod on the boot slot has taken it into god-like territory. My boots more than double my dps from 23M Sdps to 54M Sdps - https://pastebin.com/Lp5sTq6N. I checked the top poe.ninja guy's POB and he's not even using these boots - his Sdps goes from 100M to 180M with them.

The new Impossible Escape jewel is pretty useful in a lot of cases but I use the Wind Dancer one to get Revenge of the Hunted, Forces of Nature and Aspect of the Lynx.

My gear is not even anywhere near min-maxed but i'm now saving up for a Mageblood for another build as there's no point in getting more damage, bosses just melt in the blink of an eye.

so, to craft this yourself, you have to recombinate two random rare boots and hope for the jackpot? or is there any "trick" to get these sentinel mods?

Best just to buy at this stage as there is no known method to get them apart from blind luck. Considering there's not many for sale, the odds are probably very low.
Hi Wallach your build save my league so Thank you! btw if I may ask what currency farm strat did you do while progressing in red maps using this build?
"
jadap09 wrote:
Hi Wallach your build save my league so Thank you! btw if I may ask what currency farm strat did you do while progressing in red maps using this build?

I have no idea what he used but I can say that speccing into Alva has been pretty good for me last league and so far this league. Very rarely do I not have a temple that has at least one of the big T3 rooms (Locus of Corruption- 80c, Apex - 15c or Institute - 100c). These always sell and if you can get 2/3 thats even better.

Plus with the recombinator currency you can make gear with double temple mods that seem to sell for quite a bit if you can get the right mod combinations.

I'm also speccing into delve as this build shreds in the mines. I've never gone past lvl 300 in the mines so I thought I would give it a shot this league.
Last edited by Zuuule on May 24, 2022, 2:36:29 PM
Hello ! Thank you so much, already well advanced in red maps with this build.

I find myself however dying a lot, do you guys have the same issue, or do you have a workaround for this ?

I also feel I have a lot of damage but packs (especially beasts / expeditions) sometimes don't die at all or very slowly.

Here is my damage :

And here is my POB :

https://pastebin.com/aCk2Fd9v

Thank you for your help !
Hi,

I have not looked into your POB but looked at your character outfit and passive tree.

1st - you can change a few items. You can lose the Le Herp ring and get a normal ring with high dex roll, life and res.

2nd - you can change your belt, it is doing very little for you. If you have the currency get a 15% dex synthesised belt with dex roll, life and res.

3rd - you need a Brutal Restraint in your passive tree. Read the guide to understand what and where.

4th - check your critical hit chance. You should have around 65%+ If you do socket in Crit damage gem for 150% extra critical strike multiplier which is a massive damage boost. Lose inspiration

5th - If your crit chance is lower than 65% (80+% when spawning a totem) then you need to slot in Crit Hit gem and/or Crit Hatred mod Watcher's eye. You dont need the watcher's eye to get 80+% crit chance as I have 88% without it.

6th - your life should be 4k or more. I run at 3.6k (risky) but the damage kills before you can get hit. If your health is less than that consider changing your gloves, rings and belt for max life roll ones. No need to change your tree on this.

7th - change your gloves to have dex, life, increased damage with hits against chilled monsters temple mod. That is a very nice buff.

8th - Your dex should be 1500+ for T16 maps and you should have around 150 free mana in order to spam your totems comfortably. If this is not the case consider getting an Enlighten gem and/or corrupted version of your helmet that has a 90% mana efficiency multiplier.

You will die now and then from Uniques/Rares this is because they are soo tanky even with stupid amounts of damage they do not die instantly.

Expedition will be difficult because they have the ward mechanic and so are completely immune from time to time. Beasts are naturally tanky beyond belief and they are immune from dying as you need to wait for Einhar to capture them.

Use your totems as a defensive wall and do the move plant backup move plant backup methdology of clearing mobs.
Last edited by Mentalmike on May 25, 2022, 10:06:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info