Changes to Rewards in Path of Exile: Scourge

"
Scourged items will no longer be able to generate downsides that would directly counteract their upside. For example, an item with "Added Physical Damage" will not be able to generate "Deal no Physical Damage" as a downside.

Please do not make this change. I use a 100% physical to elemental conversion build and I can negate the downside to this kind of combination.

I know you are taking some heat for allowing these sorts of combos on items, but if the players used a little bit of imagination in their builds they could see ways to get around the downsides.

If you need to make improvements to help negate these meme items please add more and interesting ways to convert damage between the damage types.

Thanks for reading.

Love the league, love all the new content.
Ballista fixes?
It's pain in the ass to find a scourge boss in a large, open map, even you see the indicators and know there's a boss waiting for you.
"
WilliamCZE wrote:
Ballista fixes?

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug where Ballista Totems summoned through Ballista Totem Support were taking more damage than intended.
3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Scourged items seem like the prefect place to use your "well rolled" tech a la when talismans were good.
Nice. Thank you :)
Fantastic. Going to knock out the rest of the Dead by Daylight Halloween event stuff while I wait for this.
Kris Krangle came early this year.
Can't read 19 pages of replies, but just want to add my voice to an improvement I hope can be done.

Monster density.

So many times I've entered the "nightmare" only for 80% of the duration to be running through the area with zero enemies in it.

Maybe this is mostly a campaign issue and in maps it's different, but I'm in Act 4 so far and this has happened over and over and over again. It's mostly around where quest NPCs would be, the start/exit of zones, tighter pathways, but there's even large open locations that had nothing in them.

Additionally, there's blockages that prevent you from going through a door or other small location, so you have to phase out early or waste the rest of the time running back to some other offshoot area. I don't know if these blockages are intended, but they're a negative experience.

Delirium is a pretty similar mechanic to this league, and Delirium not only lasted MUCH longer, but also gave you way more rewards.. and they all dropped at your feet once the Delirium was over, vs having to run around picking up everything (another negative).

I don't know how things change at endgame, but so far the leveling experience with the league mechanic has been a solid 'meh'. I didn't play Expedition league beyond Act 1, but I felt way more involved with it because of the interactions with NPCs and the planning phase of the digging. The Scourge NPC so far just pops out of nowhere and has zero interaction with you over the campaign. They both had gambling, but I liked Expedition's way more, being an old D2 player.

Seeing my experience with Scourge, I wish I played Expedition instead.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
"
DAOWAce wrote:
Can't read 19 pages of replies, but just want to add my voice to an improvement I hope can be done.

Monster density.

So many times I've entered the "nightmare" only for 80% of the duration to be running through the area with zero enemies in it.

Maybe this is mostly a campaign issue and in maps it's different, but I'm in Act 4 so far and this has happened over and over and over again. It's mostly around where quest NPCs would be, the start/exit of zones, tighter pathways, but there's even large open locations that had nothing in them.

Additionally, there's blockages that prevent you from going through a door or other small location, so you have to phase out early or waste the rest of the time running back to some other offshoot area. I don't know if these blockages are intended, but they're a negative experience.

Delirium is a pretty similar mechanic to this league, and Delirium not only lasted MUCH longer, but also gave you way more rewards.. and they all dropped at your feet once the Delirium was over, vs having to run around picking up everything (another negative).

I don't know how things change at endgame, but so far the leveling experience with the league mechanic has been a solid 'meh'. I didn't play Expedition league beyond Act 1, but I felt way more involved with it because of the interactions with NPCs and the planning phase of the digging. The Scourge NPC so far just pops out of nowhere and has zero interaction with you over the campaign. They both had gambling, but I liked Expedition's way more, being an old D2 player.

Seeing my experience with Scourge, I wish I played Expedition instead.

Empty areas are more a campaign thing, and generally aren't an issue in maps. (Boss rooms are empty, but you'll learn that pretty quick.) As you noted, this is an issue in areas where regular monsters don't show up either.

In general, I'd recommend jumping in and out of Scourge; if you have to travel to a new area because you're out of monsters, just leave Scourge. There's no need to wait for a full bar, and no need to wait for the bar to empty.

As for my impression of these changes, I like them. I tried out a few maps, and are now getting actual rewards from killing Scourge monsters. The dropped rares are still terrible, but that's mostly because the base items are bad. I've collected a body armor with Ancestral Bond, and a pair of boots with onslaught on kill, neither with nasty downsides, but neither are useful for my build, and I can't sell them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info