Changes to Rewards in Path of Exile: Scourge

Hey there, Exiles.

Just a reminder that the Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game.

Please be sure to allow others to share their opinions about changes to the game without trying to make them feel like their thoughts are invalid, and refrain from antagonising one another.
Nicerino - this could definitely help to make the league mechanic more engaging :thumbsup:
Thanks for improving this terrible mechanic faster than usual. Now I can say, alpha has ended, beta began. Playable now for sure. Good job.

I suggest allowing tier3 corruption to have 2 tries like having tier4. Or just give on tier1 corrupt to have a chance tier3 let's say 10%, tier2 25%.
Also drops from bosses could have no bad mods from scourge on rares or a 50% chance.

Something like that. There are many ways how you can improve, it's really up to you. I won't write walls of text. Goodluck.

3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Last edited by vahu on Oct 29, 2021, 8:46:08 AM
OHH This is perfect!
Hmmm.
Nnnnnneat!
To accept a challenge from the Void is merely suicide for the unprepared.
Thx GGG imma buy a supporter pack for this <3
"
Rippster wrote:
Scourged items will no longer be able to generate downsides that would directly counteract their upside. For example, an item with "Added Physical Damage" will not be able to generate "Deal no Physical Damage" as a downside.

Just tested this after the patch and as I said, the items are still not worth picking up. You fixed the funny meme drops but not the drops overall, 99% are not worth picking up.

I'll put the league on hold until I see an improved change to this mechanic.

/sigh

The items are almost always never going to be worth picking up. GGG could remove the downside and put two upsides on them and still 99.9% of them would still not be worth picking up.

The item system is broken. The items hitting the ground are almost always trash. This means most all scourge items hitting the ground are going to be trash. And then to make things worse, the scourge items are corrupted and cannot be crafted. Normal items that hit the ground can sometimes be saved, made usable via a craft. Scourge item drops on the other hand cannot be saved via a craft because they are corrupted.

Again, GGG could remove the downside implicit and put two upsides, and the items would still be mostly unusable simply because the items themselves are not usable in the first place.
Great to hear these news! I think I'm not the only one who thinks it feels like more than a week Scourge has been released... Wow! So much going on!
Sorry but this league is a success EXCEPT for its league mechanics (kinda funny, right?).

The scourge contents are challenging (somewhat similar to Delirium) yet their rewards are 99% trash. Yep, apart from the experience, it's just straight up trash.
Definetly buying tabs, great changes in the patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info