Changes to Rewards in Path of Exile: Scourge

"
Rippster wrote:
Scourged items will no longer be able to generate downsides that would directly counteract their upside. For example, an item with "Added Physical Damage" will not be able to generate "Deal no Physical Damage" as a downside.

Just tested this after the patch and as I said, the items are still not worth picking up. You fixed the funny meme drops but not the drops overall, 99% are not worth picking up.

I'll put the league on hold until I see an improved change to this mechanic.

/sigh

Did you even read the message, the change to downsides no longer cancelling the buff is in the NEXT patch.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 29, 2021, 5:51:43 AM
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
X3n_ wrote:
Too little too late buddy.

Maybe one day you'll realize people quit due to the game not being worth playing, rather than your draconian thought process of thinking "too rewarding" is what causes quitting.

Funny how the most rewarding leagues have had the highest peaks and best player retention, yet you still can't add 1 and 1 together. Comical.

It really doesn't matter if they're deploying patches within less than a week from league start, it always be too little to late for haters, its their trendy word this month.

Last league had the record of all time peak players in PoE History, this one being very close to it.

Maybe one day you'll realize repeating straight up lies over and over doesn't make things true, bring facts or get destroyed.

Comical.

"
sowozup wrote:
I quit and deleted my character on day 2 when i rolled never deal critical strikes on my fresh bought 5 link for my crit build.

Better think about somethings before the release.

But yeah im also disgusted by the "casion-crafting" as a whole.

Bring something like harvest deterministic crafting and i'm playing 2-3 Months per league and not 2 days.

Awww little kiddy didnt know corrupting items could destroy items? you never used a Vaal Orb before? This dude just ragequitted because he didnt know how league mechanic worked and blames the game for his own ignorance, LMAOOOOO

Better think about that before screwing up your item right buddy?

you wont be missed :)

Uhuh you're not thinking very much are ya?

1.If not having directly counteracting scourge mods was something they're only just now realizing is a bad idea most likely it's not the last bad idea they had as part of scourge.

2.Map sustain is a huge part of PoE. The fact that sustain is literally one of their listed league problem they didn't even playtest their league mechanics like the players would have to.

AKA not having already prebuilt characters.

3.Vaal orbs don't destroy items, vaal temple corruption might destroy an item but unlike scourge vaal temple can potentially give you two positive bonuses.

So by defenition, unless you're running a build where the "downside" is actually an upgrade i.e. reduced skill duration on a lightning warp, temple is literally better than scourge in EVERY way except overall item quantity/rarity (and that's assuming they got THAT right after these changes lol).

4.People are quitting PoE leagues pretty quick. It's literally warframe syndrome where "oh shit content dropped" mass surge in players on the short term checking out new shit only to not be all that impressed by the new shit and leave till the next bit of content drops.

Highest # of concurrent players for a league start? Color me impressed when they actually manage to keep more than half of them a month and a half later.
It's little better ^^'
"
Irorone wrote:

3.Vaal orbs don't destroy items, vaal temple corruption might destroy an item but unlike scourge vaal temple can potentially give you two positive bonuses.

Highest # of concurrent players for a league start? Color me impressed when they actually manage to keep more than half of them a month and a half later.

Whattttt???

You can turn an unique item into a rare with a vaal orb, thats destroying an item not making it dissapear

Isn't month and a half like half league? or at least close to it, considering how childish most of the player base is, im happy with that
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
Irorone wrote:

Whattttt???

You can turn an unique item into a rare with a vaal orb, thats destroying an item not making it dissapear

Isn't month and a half like half league? or at least close to it, considering how childish most of the player base is, im happy with that

1. Ooh so who cares if the resulting rare manages to actually be god tier lol. "it's destroyed" BAHAHAHA

2. Yeah of course you'd be happy with people staying only half a league you're happy when they leave in the first fucking week lol.
Unrewarding you say?

Well... I am not going to trade these scourged items because trade experience is so abysmal I have no appetite for it. With that established what I am left with?
- a random junk generator from perspective of my character build.
- challenge rewards that are not my style (I wish there were some choices).

It is just how I see it, giving feedback, not looking for acknowledgement.

But that is fine, I can play other games, there are plenty of choices. I learned not to be too hype about new PoE leagues. I will look at what is being offered, cross out things a player like me will probably never see and then look if it is still tempting to play, is there something new to be excited about or not.

I still played this league hoping to find some more lore but I am rather disappointed in this regard.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ty BUT why scourg dmg SOOOO big? when u will nerf scourg mobs?

The damage is "so big" because GGG thinks they actually addressed defense changes properly. Here's a rough example based on what they stated about armor.

"It only takes half as much armor to reach the same mitigation"
Well the problem actually starts at where MAX mitigation is.
Who cares if you're at 90% mitigation, where they usually hard cap it, if an enemy has a damage value with an extra zero.

at ZERO investment to any survivability a player only has about 1200 health and -60% resist across the board.

for comparison a rank 20 zombie minion has 6k and most likely doesn't have the resist debuffs from the kitava fights also with zero other investment.

they made it so that minions are literally multiple times tankier than a player character at any basic level of investment meaning the ONLY way for a player to achieve decent survivability is to rely on "niche defensive layers".

Guess what? Players still need those "niche defensive layers" to not end up in a streamer's death montage equivalent.

GG there GGG.
"
Sarno wrote:
Thanks for listening. :)

This format can feel a bit weird and forced tbh, though.

To me it's way better to see what things they actually view as the problem instead of us guessing which of our feedback they used to make their changes. Also, knowing the direct outcome of that feedback makes giving feedback feel more rewarding and less like screaming into a vacuum.
This game still confuses me.
"
Irorone wrote:

1. Ooh so who cares if the resulting rare manages to actually be god tier lol. "it's destroyed" BAHAHAHA

Obviously in that particular case, if the resulting item is good, of course its not destroyed, did i have to explain that?

But, you're losing ur unique, depending on the item, isnt worth most of the times.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
"
Cuberth wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
Thanks for listening. :)

This format can feel a bit weird and forced tbh, though.

To me it's way better to see what things they actually view as the problem instead of us guessing which of our feedback they used to make their changes. Also, knowing the direct outcome of that feedback makes giving feedback feel more rewarding and less like screaming into a vacuum.

Still feels like screaming into a vacuum. They listen about rewards but when it comes to base functionality the weather is easier to predict than what they do and don't consider a problem.

I.e. the reservation thread that is at the time of this post 5x longer than this one. Only they won't reneg on that because people are still on about aurastackers/aurabots even though they've literally been nerfed four separate ways since halfway through delirium league.

1. Aura related cluster (mediums specifically) have been gutted, cluster notables that used to affect three auras at a time have all been changed to affect literally only one specific aura skill each.

2. The reservation reduction was actually a MASSIVE % change in regards to final calculations.

3. They split said reservation stats so it requires separate investment for both life and mana.

4. While there is still %reduced mana reserved in the game the splits from 1+2 have rendered an exponentially useless stat where 20% flat reduction instead of allowing multiple auras skills now translates to about a 10% of total reservation reduction depending on "efficiency".

It took literally mirrors worth of gear to stack that stat to the levels they were concerned about and as ANYTHING except a support build was utterly worthless. A cursebot, despite the nerfs that series of skills has suffered, might actually be in an even better position than an aurabot for defenses.

As far as offense goes a well speced cursebot has been better offense support than aurabot since delirium changes and the reservation changes actually increased that gap to a laughable degree since the last big nerf curses got was the hex/mark changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info