Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
People boost cause they are sick of playing the acts again and again. Its a different experience. Hard to justify removal of build from the game directly because of 1% of boosters. The real boosting is 5-way legion, where almost all players who reach endgame do. Want to remove that instead?

that 1% as you said it,affects the economy in such a large scale and in such a horrible way that it had to be addressed.

i'm not saying GGG are perfect or that they handled in the best way,but in general it will be for the good in the long run,i'm sure they will fix up the things for solo aurastacking and actually from the notes already the solo has some benefits,this game is too complex to expect that builds will not be affected there is just no way really.

you cant have it both complex and not have to sacrifice some things.
My bad, let me rephrase what I said, build diversity that can clear red maps. Pls enlighten me
"
The reason why i think GGG went so hard on the aurabots is because they were fucking heavily with ecomics of the game and were starting to turn the game into non stop boost spamming (maybe not in chat) but in general,and once that settles its hard to remove from a game without destroying it.

Aurabots and cursebots are useful at the beginning of the game, then for playing with friends. You put on hh and clean the map in a few minutes with aurabot or without. This Only aims to make party play difficult to keep solo players happy.

It just kills the team game.
"
"
People boost cause they are sick of playing the acts again and again. Its a different experience. Hard to justify removal of build from the game directly because of 1% of boosters. The real boosting is 5-way legion, where almost all players who reach endgame do. Want to remove that instead?

that 1% as you said it,affects the economy in such a large scale and in such a horrible way that it had to be addressed.

i'm not saying GGG are perfect or that they handled in the best way,but in general it will be for the good in the long run,i'm sure they will fix up the things for solo aurastacking and actually from the notes already the solo has some benefits,this game is too complex to expect that builds will not be affected there is just no way really.

i dont know man, shafting the endgame for the endgame is just a dick move tbh.
"
"
The reason why i think GGG went so hard on the aurabots is because they were fucking heavily with ecomics of the game and were starting to turn the game into non stop boost spamming (maybe not in chat) but in general,and once that settles its hard to remove from a game without destroying it.

Aurabots and cursebots are useful at the beginning of the game, then for playing with friends. You put on hh and clean the map in a few minutes with aurabot or without. This Only aims to make party play difficult to keep solo players happy.

It just kills the team game.

I think that is the biggest bullshit i read through the comments,that it kills "Party play"

I play with my friends non stop ,what kills is the min/maxing farming that you were doing with aurabots and cursebots,you were literally farming the game for people while they did nothing,that is not what party play really is.

I have fun every time a league starts with my friend and i can gurantee you we play random builds all the time and test shit together in party and so do other people.

The only aspect of party play it destroys is boosts and that is a good thing.

When a economy gets destroyed by a build that build has something wrong with it,and if people actually looked at it rationally they would see that this was inevitable at some point.
So does this mean Bane will be fucked over once again?
"

I can understand this reason. But that doesn't have to be complete destruction of build. Why no nerf 3-4x less aura power? Best GGG solucion is a nuclear attack immediately and leave havoc?

There is really no other solution?
I don't have a lot to add to this (Aura and Curse Stacking existed in a realm I never went to), I'm glad to see ignite getting some love since Armageddon Brand is one of my favorite skills, but otherwise:

I really do appreciate these deep dives. The Problem/Solution/Number Crunch format is perfect for how I like to get and digest information and is vastly preferable to video essays or patch notes, especially because there are so many places where I don't go. I know about aura stacking but because of these breakdowns I know why they were a problem and how they're being fixed.
Every death brings me life.
"
"

I can understand this reason. But that doesn't have to be complete destruction of build. Why no nerf 3-4x less aura power? Best GGG solucion is a nuclear attack immediately and leave havoc?

There is really no other solution?

I'm not a GGG developer,i just voice my opinion ,however i think they will do positive changes regarding the build and make it at least playable but not to the extend it ever was and not for sure being able to carry people like it did
"
When a economy gets destroyed by a build that build has something wrong with it,and if people actually looked at it rationally they would see that this was inevitable at some point.

This is just a stupid explanation. You don't need an aurabot or cursebot to make maps and farm in moments. It just shows how little you know about end game builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info