Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Arynai wrote:
"
Heartsease wrote:
"
freud19821215 wrote:
Essence Worm now grants 80% reduced Reservation Efficiency (not specific to mana), instead of 40% increased Reservation.

what if I wear two Essence Worm rings? 160% reduced reservation efficiency that is minus 60% reservation efficiency, what does that even mean?

Like you use a 50% reservation aura alongside and it will cost 90% if you use one Essence Worm, and 130% if you use two?
From the wording ("Reservation Efficiency works by dividing the cost of the Reservation Effect"), you can calculate effective reservation cost by R/E, where E=1+S is reservation efficiency and S is the sum of increases and reductions to reservation efficiency. Your numbers seem to suggest you perhaps think of it as a negative of the old reduced/increased reservation of skills? (We know it isn't that, and wouldn't accomplish what they are trying to do here.)

When S = -80%+-80%, your effective reservation cost would be negative. I'm willing to bet that at S >= -1, you just can't reserve, but the request for clarification seems justified.

If this system resembles cast speed, then -

(Assume base 1 cast/1 sec)

- 100% increased cast speed = 1*(1+1)/1 sec = 2 cast/sec
- 100% reduced cast speed = 1 cast/(1*(1+1)) sec = 1/2 cast/sec
- 300% increased cast speed & 200% reduced cast speed = 1*(1+3)/(1*(1+2)) = 4/3 cast/sec

So,
- 80% reduced reservation = 1 reservation/(1*(1+0.8)) mana = 5/9 reservation/mana
- actual reservation cost for a 50% reservation skill = 50%/(5/9) = 90% mana
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
GGG pleeease do not ruin the blood magic keystone and take a good look at it after your reservation changes!!
every aura that you can use less now is a big hit for already average builds.
If you change most reservation nodes into "mana reservation efficiency" you will kill this setup...

Asking myself why I even try to create my own builds, better wait and see what seems to be the best and most broken build 1 week into the leage *sigh*
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Yes a broken archetype which should have been addressed a long time ago is now finally reigned in. Satisfies me greatly.

Enjoy making another build instead of playing the same build 5 leagues in a row.
f
The loss of efficiency with reserving life seems to result in lesser aura used overall for average low life build considering that arrogance support has a 200+ reservation multiplier... Well rip
Overall great changes. Keep up the good work !
Finally Aurabots are getting shafted, stupid broken build that never should have been in the game at all.

Ignite changes looks nice.
i cant read
"Sentinels of Purity summoned with Herald of Purity now have 40% less Life. Because of base Ignite damage changes, Ignite with the skill is now 50.0% higher when using the Death Wish skill from the Maw of Mischief Unique Helmet"
They die from anything in red maps and you still nerf LIFE?
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
These changes are dumb once again. Moving curse and aura to small clusters is bad for solo player because you cant use crit multi jewels but if you are in party with aura/curse bot you can use them because you get the auras/curses from the party. How is it good for a solo player to replace 50 crit multi jewel on small socket with something like 20% additional curse effect.
Last edited by Milanfan on Oct 8, 2021, 2:33:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info