Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

I absolutely love all these changes. Post 3 is perfect.

I voiced my concerns about a couple things in post 2, but post 3 is perfect.

Good job GGG! Thank you.
This is amazing! Thank you!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Nerfing self-aurastackers is not the way. It is one of the only builds worth spending mirrors on. Right now this game needs more builds like that, not less. I thought the goal here was nerfing the aurabots being used in party play? Why are self-stackers getting nuked?

Honestly, I'm not happy with most of the changes announced in the last two manifestos. The first one with the flasks and ailments was ok but it looks like one step forward and several steps back overall.

Seriously, just revert things back to 3.13 at this point and build from there.
OH SHOOT!!!!!!

All of the "Increased effect of auras on YOU" needs to be "Increased effect of auras on YOU AND YOUR MINIONS"

Generosity Support FORGOTTEN
I don't understand how the Aura Effect on YOU change will apply to offensive auras like Pride. Will the "On You" mean that Pride increases damage for the whole party, or will Pride be completely changed to only ever increase damage taken for YOU and never the party?

I hope it's the former. The latter basically kills phys dmg minions and forces you into an elemental path and reduces the variability of minion builds

I hope we get some cool active group buff and group utility skills.

Wanted to league start with my brother as a duo but from past experience, a double DPS setup is worse than horrible to play in this game.
Aura stacker is dead...

Played it when it first came up (week 1, before the mid league nerfs). It was insane on a 20 ex budget back then.

With the nerfs, it was still insane but this time with a 150 ex budget.

Gave up on the character for the same reason I try to avoid Headhunter (exception being certain playstyles that need HH in order to work - timeless conflict farming) : far to overpowered to the point where the whole game becomes a walking simulator.

And the the big nerfs to cluster jewels came and a good aurastacker became a 5+ mirror build.
Dude... If you are ready to invest 5 mirrors in a build, it might as well be able to anihilate all content.

But these changes are the GGG style... Don't solve a problem, anihilate it.
Remember winter orb? Or wormblaster? They were not nerfed, but destroyed.

Oh well, I got used to this...

How would I have solved the problem with aura stackers and party play?
1. Add a hard cap to 12-15 auras per character
2. Party members receive only the base aura effect, at 50% value (so even if you have 300% aura effectiveness, the party members still receive just 50% of the base)
3. Aura effectiveness nerfs don't apply to own minions, golems and totems

What you did here is overkill... Again... If this is the future of POE than godspeed everyone, I'm out.
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.
(...)
I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.
(...)
Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.

Casual much?
As i also was affected leagues ago as my build get destroyed, i can imagine how the aurastacker in standard feel. In leagues its no problem, as you now must look for another build.

and i was allways surprised WHAT aura stacker give to a group. My es was nearly doubled my res something around 90 % my dmg also extremly buffed. Some bosses with aurastacker was a joke, without nearly unkillable for my build.
That this for one build was to much power is clear to see. But i dont like the changes that existing items are affected.
When ggg say that std is not the league they build around, let the aura stacker play there builds in std and make the changes for leagues.
And perhaps a flag, that the items cant mirrored.

Destroying builds, where people collect a long time for is not the way i like.

But the changes are really good and i like them. For me they are to weak as you can still stack to many auras on one build.
Horrible changes aura stacking builds will be dead now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info