Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Mil0sevic wrote:
WTF ggg? If u want "more playerbase" u must BUFF not NERF Ur game...

So far between these 3 manifestos there have been more buffs than nerfs so I feel they agree.

Almost all the nerfs seem justified to me, besides gutting shavs/prism guardian(unless one of the new aura supports makes up for this)
Last edited by TheGodAmongMen on Oct 7, 2021, 10:06:08 PM
"
"
Mil0sevic wrote:
WTF ggg? If u want "more playerbase" u must BUFF not NERF Ur game...

So far between these 3 manifestos there have been more buffs than nerfs so I feel they agree.

Almost all the nerfs seem justified to me, besides gutting shavs/prism guardian(unless one of the new aura supports makes up for this)

People see the nerfs and rage before they understand the buffs.

On that note, a number of things did get nerfed overall and that's a little concerning, but it isn't the end of the world. As with any change, some builds will suffer and others will benefit. Even if all they did was buff some skills, that would be an indirect comparative nerf to all the skills they don't buff. Given all the mechanics already in the game, along with itemization and character customization, it's impossible to do a broad general buff that wouldn't benefit one build over another. People just need to understand that I think.
What about minion builds? Are they dead now that HOP has less life?
RIP Righteous Fire
Rip Minion Insta
"
Snoofo wrote:
RIP Righteous Fire
how so? Rf looks great to me.

"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

GGG doesn't care about your pleb problems.
Saved
GGG understands 3 elemental wildstrike is getting nerfed by EE being nerfed
yet no values changed on 3 elemental wildstrike's elemental damage overtime nor it's base damage value...
why?
Does this mean you guys don't want people to choose this skill as three elemental skill but to use it as conversion only?
"
cheney85 wrote:
GGG understands 3 elemental wildstrike is getting nerfed by EE being nerfed
yet no values changed on 3 elemental wildstrike's elemental damage overtime nor it's base damage value...
why?
Does this mean you guys don't want people to choose this skill as three elemental skill but to use it as conversion only?

You don't really know that until the patch notes drop... they could have buffed it
"
"
Snoofo wrote:
RIP Righteous Fire
how so? Rf looks great to me.

RF gained around 75% more base damage but lost EE and EO which is around 110% more damage against enemies with 0% fire res, more for higher res enemies and less for lower res enemies. Even stacked with flammability, elemental weakness, and exposure, pushing mobs deep into negative fire resist, RF builds are losing around 90% damage.

Overall this seems like a nerf to RF, bigger for lower budget builds and smaller at the high end where EE was slightly less impactful. Does this mean RF is dead? I wouldn't say so. But it does seem like an overall damage nerf which to a lot of people would mean it's dead.

Edit: They did mention including more sources of dotm, I don't really know how that will work without more details, in the end it might work out to be about the same or potentially a slight buff. I also forgot to note that Tempest shield's change gives very *very* easy access to shock immunity to RF, which is fantastic.
Last edited by Krazlam on Oct 7, 2021, 10:23:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info