Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
"
Krazlam wrote:
"
Komscha wrote:
I don't think people realise that the parties will still do the same stuff, it isn't aurabots that got hit, but any build that used 2 or more auras to keep themselves afloat. Same with EE changes etc killing minion builds.

That's backwards from what's actually happened. Unless you're stacking more than 50% reduced reservation currently or heavily stacking aura effect clusters with the intent of it applying to your allies; the aura changes are a massive buff. People will be able to use 4-6 reservations way more easily now, just that people won't be able to stack over a dozen or so.

Minion builds will be fine, phys and chaos based minion builds are still very strong.

more than 50%? lol, I am an aurabot and I have 635% mana reservation, which I can get down to about 50 mana unreserved, enough for leap slam and smite etc.

from the numbers they have given, I think i *might* be able to run Banner, Grace, Discipline, Vitality 20, Clarity 1, Hatred, Haste, 3 Purities, and would have to drop precision, determination, purity of elements, wrath, anger, and zealotry.

oh, and aura effectiveness would drop from 400% to about 250%, but only if I can get 9 more points for the tree, because like most players, i don't use small cluster jewels....

so, aurabots are going to be pretty useless now

An attention needy aurabot apparently.

My comment has nothing to do with you. The person I was responding to said 2, TWO, auras and I mentioned that it would be a nerf to builds that stack a dozen or so (you named 10, that's pretty close to a dozen, not to mention the extra freebie auras you get as guardian, necromancer, or ascendant) and I specifically said that aura effectiveness stacking would take a big hit. So, what are you adding with your comment? Oh, just another cry for attention.

For someone who's been playing aurabots since breach league (supposedly), you seem to have forgotten that aurabots were a thing before cluster jewels and they will very likely continue to be a thing; just not as overtly powerful as they have been since delirium league. I guess that's what happens when you don't play 7 of the leagues and barely played most of the other leagues since Breach.

I can't begin to fathom how you can qualify a character that grants a dozen auras with 3.5x effectiveness to an ENTIRE PARTY as "pretty useless". It's much weaker than it is currently, but with your "expertise" as you say, you should be well aware that aurabots will still be a very viable and strong option to party play.
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀ aurastacker tears
NZ Tribunal here, you guys are in big doodoo
I really need someone to explain the new aura efficiency, because I didn't get how it is better at low investment, worse at high.

Now I fell sorry for the guy who loves aurastacking (no irony). I didn't like the way they initially gutted it, as it was transformed in a build almost exclusive to high investment, and I have fond memories of doing a weak version of it at ssf and having loads of fun. Having your favorite build being not viable at all is hard to deal, as I felt that this league.
For aurabots thats a big nerg and went in the wrong way - would have been better they they would make reduce effect on ther players ( the more they are the lower is it ) so at a 6 man part that bot would provide like 20%-30% effect only and would be fine

For aurastacker they kinda get in a good place cuz you need to invest at least 1 mirror to start it but no worry to many complain thats OP want a nerf but they do wish for that cuz they cant get to the point were they can play that build
but no worry GGG will listen and nerf ( sorry kill it )

Ive never played curse bot but i dont think they really have big nerfs pls anyone who know about this correct me thx

I still wonder why GGG didnt touch auras for many years and now they just dig the grave for it
"
Aisoi wrote:
"
DeadManx29 wrote:
What a joke.. this was how me and my fiancé enjoyed playing the game, as dps + auras together. That was our fun. Supports exist in other games.. POE isn't a group friendly game unless you're all specialized to certain roles. I don't understand all the hate and want, to nerf shit into oblivion, especially when it doesn't even affect you as another player. You all had to bitch and whine so much, to ruin the fun of others. Again..
Boy I can't wait to see this launch.

Yeah :( *Am the fiancé here* .. I play Aurabot, because I'm not very good at finding gear for myself or dps (The OP of this post, my fiancé is the person who helps me with all my gear <3) .. so I like to help him via Aurabot. He loves this game a lot (has almost 3500 hrs in the game by himself), and I love him a lot!, so I play Aurabot to help him enjoy the game to the maximum. Because who doesn't like loads of DPS? It's fun for us to just zoom around, enjoying each others company in game, because we can't enjoy each others company in real life (Stupid covid..)
I have a feeling that we're going to have to jump ship from PoE and find something else to play, because it just won't be enjoyable anymore.
Too many people are complaining about this, when they don't even play with an Aurabot.. or are effected by it.. they're just hating on the subject because they don't have a person to play with and because they see some HCSFF streamer complaining about the subject, which also doesn't effect them. :(
It's really sad that these people are taking joy in taking away the fun from other people.
PoE was the first game that we played together that we actually fully enjoyed the complexity, the builds and each others company. I've put literally 1200 hours into this game.. as an Aurabot.
Thanks GGG and everyone else for ruining the time that I get with my fiancé because you want to whine about a game aspect you never partake in.

You and your fiance should know that you'll still be fine. Looking at your aurabot build, you probably won't be able to stack quite as many auras and their effectiveness will likely be a little lower, but you'd still be a massive damage and survivability boost. Just slightly less massive.
Glad i played EK scion aura stacker in heist because that build has been savagely butchered league after league. was holding out hope that nerfing for parties meant buffing for solo and maybe one day playing it again, but then you hit us with the:

"Solution:
Remove sources of Aura Effect from Cluster Jewels and move the Aura Cluster Jewels type to Small Cluster Jewels, so it is no longer possible to continuously stack Aura Effect"

the amount of investment required to roll an aura stacker that doesn't feel terrible to play sounds almost unattainable solo. how ironic.
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Yeah, you're not the only one that's made builds and spent money on things that don't work any more. At this point we should be trained on that just being how this game works. Even if you play Standard (LOL) you and your legacy crap are not safe.

Anyway though, you weren't playing a build, you were collecting items and running around doing nothing, so, nerf justified in this case. Sorry bub.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
I've never cared what other builds people play so I don't understand why people cheer for other players to be nerfed, etc.?

I just don't understand the vision for this game. Each expansion are crippling nerfs that piss off the paying players. Really...who cares if players crush the content? ITS A GAME...keep it fun.
Theese changes look really good! Looking forward to Scourge League!

But there is a catch. I was very excited reading about the changes to Elemental Equilibrium, when I read you are moving it to the ranger area of the three.
Thinking about it:

- Ranger already has access to permanent exposure to nearby enemies through the Raider ascendancy;
- Other classes that are in that area will only benefit from this change when using Wild Stike or Elemental Hit. Other attack builds are mostly converting their damage to a specific element. Seems kind of weird moving the keystone there;
- Most support for multi-element damage on the passive tree is on the templar and witch areas;
- This reworked Elemental Equilibrium Keystone would allow for very interesting multi-skill builds as an Elementalist / Ascendant, a playstyle that we never see arround. I would really like to see it Happen! Path of Exile doesn't need to be played with just one button :)

If you're going forward changing the location of this Keystone, please consider not moving it too far, or at all :)

To the left of Perfect Agony?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info