Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

Damn they nerfed EE
These nerfs are 100x worse than the nerfs from the last pass. What are they smoking over there?
"
Krazlam wrote:
"
Komscha wrote:
I don't think people realise that the parties will still do the same stuff, it isn't aurabots that got hit, but any build that used 2 or more auras to keep themselves afloat. Same with EE changes etc killing minion builds.

That's backwards from what's actually happened. Unless you're stacking more than 50% reduced reservation currently or heavily stacking aura effect clusters with the intent of it applying to your allies; the aura changes are a massive buff. People will be able to use 4-6 reservations way more easily now, just that people won't be able to stack over a dozen or so.

Minion builds will be fine, phys and chaos based minion builds are still very strong.

more than 50%? lol, I am an aurabot and I have 635% mana reservation, which I can get down to about 50 mana unreserved, enough for leap slam and smite etc.

from the numbers they have given, I think i *might* be able to run Banner, Grace, Discipline, Vitality 20, Clarity 1, Hatred, Haste, 3 Purities, and would have to drop precision, determination, purity of elements, wrath, anger, and zealotry.

oh, and aura effectiveness would drop from 400% to about 250%, but only if I can get 9 more points for the tree, because like most players, i don't use small cluster jewels....

so, aurabots are going to be pretty useless now
How do the ignite changes interact with the Minion Instability keystone? Is that just as useless as it always was?
Guys, just a reminder:

"
We want to stress that the above list and posts from the last two days AREN'T FINAL... please let us know your feedback on these changes and this new approach to communication.- GGG

Save your tears, and just give feedback/suggestions. Cheers!
"
DeadManx29 wrote:
What a joke.. this was how me and my fiancé enjoyed playing the game, as dps + auras together. That was our fun. Supports exist in other games.. POE isn't a group friendly game unless you're all specialized to certain roles. I don't understand all the hate and want, to nerf shit into oblivion, especially when it doesn't even affect you as another player. You all had to bitch and whine so much, to ruin the fun of others. Again..
Boy I can't wait to see this launch.

Yeah :( *Am the fiancé here* .. I play Aurabot, because I'm not very good at finding gear for myself or dps (The OP of this post, my fiancé is the person who helps me with all my gear <3) .. so I like to help him via Aurabot. He loves this game a lot (has almost 3500 hrs in the game by himself), and I love him a lot!, so I play Aurabot to help him enjoy the game to the maximum. Because who doesn't like loads of DPS? It's fun for us to just zoom around, enjoying each others company in game, because we can't enjoy each others company in real life (Stupid covid..)
I have a feeling that we're going to have to jump ship from PoE and find something else to play, because it just won't be enjoyable anymore.
Too many people are complaining about this, when they don't even play with an Aurabot.. or are effected by it.. they're just hating on the subject because they don't have a person to play with and because they see some HCSFF streamer complaining about the subject, which also doesn't effect them. :(
It's really sad that these people are taking joy in taking away the fun from other people.
PoE was the first game that we played together that we actually fully enjoyed the complexity, the builds and each others company. I've put literally 1200 hours into this game.. as an Aurabot.
Thanks GGG and everyone else for ruining the time that I get with my fiancé because you want to whine about a game aspect you never partake in.
Do a barrel roll
Oh my god i have to find a new build to cop.. i mean figure out how to make a new build. Why, why do you make me think GGG :( I just want to play the same build every league over and over and over and over and over again.
"The Elemental Equilibrium Keystone Passive Skill now applies 25% Exposure of the Elements not Hit with, removing Exposure of the Elements you Hit with. It's now an easy way to apply a strong Exposure effect rather than a huge damage boost that we balanced Elemental Damage over Time Skills around. Some other skills have been reviewed because of these changes.

We will be looking at pure Elemental Minions to determine what changes are needed here.
Moved the Elemental Equilibrium Keystone Passive to the Ranger section of the Passive Skill Tree, where there is much less existing access to Exposure for Elemental builds and access to Skills that rotate Elements, such as Wild Strike."
Need heavy fix or i will skip league, look like elemental damage minions will die.
This is rip. Even with 125% dmg ignites. 50% less dmg with elemental dmg for minions is too crazy. Proposal: elemental army support now aply 25% exposure of matching element and minions have 15-20% penetration deal 30-50% increased damage over time + 20-29 more elemental damage. Like that may save minions? Also change quality on raise specter to make them have 0.5% penetration/2% increased damage over time.
Sadly, "not recommended" will remain as my steam review even after my thousands of dollars of support and also thousands of hours played.

Maybe its time to venture into the sun, hopefully I don't burst into flames.
When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. Same as when you're stupid.
Last edited by TheVeug86 on Oct 7, 2021, 9:38:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info