Stress-Free PoE |RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR: No Required Items, 1-Button Play, SSF League Start-End| 3.15

"
Silvoz wrote:
Spoiler
I saw this build and it reminded me of the old days when i used RF in almost every league and i think i might try again.
Lately i am only playing on console so i am almost ssf.
This time i stumpled upon a Kaoms Heart and as i don't see it answered really in this threat:

Can this build still work with Kaoms (it used to be BiS like 5+ years ago^^)?
Is it even worth it anymore, and what would be dropped to make it work?
Spoiler
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PoitelMarto This Gentelman is wearing Kaoms might want to check it out just saying but he is playing a Inquistor
"
Silvoz wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks.

Question would be now if it is doable without some of the uniques.
might need tinkering, I'll just continue farming maps with my starter and see what i can come up with.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
Spoiler
Long story short: I ran a RF Chieftain up to lvl 95, then switched to Inquisitor as I planned to respec said chieftain to try Boneshatter, but for now I stick to RF. Both Chief and Inquisitor have solid arguments for RF, however Inquisitor is more popular lately since Pious Path has been boosted for hybrid builds.

Anyway, if you want to run Wrecker_Of_Days's build specifically, ie combining RF and Incinerate, you need a 5L/6L for Incinerate, and ideally another one or a RF helmet (essence crafted and/or elder mods) for slotting RF in. So with Kaom's Heart, it means a staff and a decent helmet for this setup.
Another possibiliy (the one I chose) is dropping Incinerate and using RF as sole damage source; then you need only one of either 5L+ staff or RF helmet.

I have no idea how hard it is to find a good staff in console trade league. If you play ssf-like, Flora's Gift divination card is a common drop, but ilvl is low, so you'll end up with a crap staff. Just fusing and hoping for a 5L is probably the best option; harvest also offers 5L-craft sometimes.
The hard part is the RF helm. In PC trade league the prices are reasonnable as RF is not much popular lately, but if you're ssf-like, you'll need to lay hands on Essences of Horror to craft it yourself. Farming Haewark Hamlet with all essence mods and corrupting all essence monsters is a good but tedious way to get them...

Eventually, I have no ssf experience, but I think you can give it a try. Even with a regular helmet, and RF a mere 4L, you can clear red maps without too much trouble. Sure, you probably won't kill the Maven with ssf gear and a RF build, but who cares ?
You'll have to choose between dropping Incinerate, or having only one CWDT link (I'd keep purifying flame, Wave of conviction and Immortal Call) and cut some auras.

If you're interested, I can PM you my Chieftain PoB (as my in-profile character is naked), but it is quite different from OP version, and achieved with quite some trading.
Well, you're all awesome. I love seeing the help. Nice!

Hey Silvoz!

I honestly was never interested in Kaom's chest even when it was the BIS back in the day. Lots has been added to the game since that gives RF builds lots more to choose from, but I still don't prefer the lack of links to what it gives...but that's just preference. So I'll have to leave the rest to those that have already responded. But my builds typically have gems and mechanics dependant on one another, so as you said, you'll have to do some pretty big tweaking.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Spoiler
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
Silvoz wrote:
I saw this build and it reminded me of the old days when i used RF in almost every league and i think i might try again.
Lately i am only playing on console so i am almost ssf.
This time i stumpled upon a Kaoms Heart and as i don't see it answered really in this threat:

Can this build still work with Kaoms (it used to be BiS like 5+ years ago^^)?
Is it even worth it anymore, and what would be dropped to make it work?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PoitelMarto This Gentelman is wearing Kaoms might want to check it out just saying but he is playing a Inquistor

Long story short: I ran a RF Chieftain up to lvl 95, then switched to Inquisitor as I planned to respec said chieftain to try Boneshatter, but for now I stick to RF. Both Chief and Inquisitor have solid arguments for RF, however Inquisitor is more popular lately since Pious Path has been boosted for hybrid builds.

Anyway, if you want to run Wrecker_Of_Days's build specifically, ie combining RF and Incinerate, you need a 5L/6L for Incinerate, and ideally another one or a RF helmet (essence crafted and/or elder mods) for slotting RF in. So with Kaom's Heart, it means a staff and a decent helmet for this setup.
Another possibiliy (the one I chose) is dropping Incinerate and using RF as sole damage source; then you need only one of either 5L+ staff or RF helmet.

I have no idea how hard it is to find a good staff in console trade league. If you play ssf-like, Flora's Gift divination card is a common drop, but ilvl is low, so you'll end up with a crap staff. Just fusing and hoping for a 5L is probably the best option; harvest also offers 5L-craft sometimes.
The hard part is the RF helm. In PC trade league the prices are reasonnable as RF is not much popular lately, but if you're ssf-like, you'll need to lay hands on Essences of Horror to craft it yourself. Farming Haewark Hamlet with all essence mods and corrupting all essence monsters is a good but tedious way to get them...

Eventually, I have no ssf experience, but I think you can give it a try. Even with a regular helmet, and RF a mere 4L, you can clear red maps without too much trouble. Sure, you probably won't kill the Maven with ssf gear and a RF build, but who cares ?
You'll have to choose between dropping Incinerate, or having only one CWDT link (I'd keep purifying flame, Wave of conviction and Immortal Call) and cut some auras.

If you're interested, I can PM you my Chieftain PoB (as my in-profile character is naked), but it is quite different from OP version, and achieved with quite some trading.

Thank you very much for the writeup.
Trade is basicly non-existent on consoles so i got to farm it all up myself.
Might give one or the other a try in the next weeks and let you guys know how it went.
dont know if it's me or what but everything was fine up to t12 maps, maybe i need to finish my last ascendcy but cant kill anything,specialy Boss in maps evrything has elemental res lol,tryed full 6link incinerate still to slow im lost dont think its gear related
or we suppose to take elemental overload node?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
Spoiler
dont know if it's me or what but everything was fine up to t12 maps, maybe i need to finish my last ascendcy but cant kill anything,specialy Boss in maps evrything has elemental res lol,tryed full 6link incinerate still to slow im lost dont think its gear related
Hey dragnmith1!

Ya, we DON'T take Elemental Equilibrium but we DO take Elemental Overload.

You've changed the posted build up quite a lot. Adding a Kaom's can be pretty tricky for sure. At the top of the guide, I've posted a new gem setup. It's worked REALLY well for me on a 4-link RF and 5-link Incinerate. Check the links to see my stuff if you like. Obviously, I'm not using Kaom's chest, but the links may give you an idea for getting more damage out of your build.

I like your gear for sure!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
Spoiler

Neat gear ! Pretty nice sceptre (and nice Kaom's as well) ;)

Clearly, you need either Incinerate or EE, as RF alone won't suffice. With Kaom's you can't run the former, so the latter becomes mandatory to kill map bosses in less than a minute. Orb of Storms/Storm Brand should do (I think you can drop Clarity if not using Incinerate). Adding Increased Critical strike support for more reliable Overload is a good option but means dropping another gem, it's up to you.

Side note: Scorching Ray and Wave of Conviction both apply exposure, the debuffs do not stack, so you should drop one, imho. Dropping WoC means you can add Infused channeling to scorching ray for even more damage, while keeping it offers a gem slot for other options and much better freedom of movement.
Thx OP n PoitelMarto changed things up abit Thx you again ;-)
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
dragnmith1 wrote:

Nice gear mate. Problem is this. You have fire damage in your belt abyss jewel which increases fire resistance on monsters. So you will do less damage. Just remove the jewel and put something else in. Also, you want to have a skill like orb of storm or storm brand to proc both EE and EO. Doing both of these changes and you’ll see a massively huge difference. Keep the koams heart; it’s bis for RF.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:

This sounds very interesting. Please PM me your PoB as well!
After having a ton of fun playing both this build and Flicker Strike this league and remembering how much I love the mobility of the Raider, I tried shoehorning a couple different concepts into that ascendancy... in PoB, I managed to get pretty close to sustaining RF, doing about 1/2 to 2/3 of the damage.

I'm leveling it now, so hopefully I'll have some amusing stories about how it falls on its face. Not sure what I'm going to add to RF in terms of supporting damage, since the point will be to keep moving with perma phasing rather than stopping to channel something like Incinerate, but hopefully it'll at least be a fun attempt. :)
Last edited by internationalfish on Sep 12, 2021, 11:29:14 PM
"
Spoiler
After having a ton of fun playing both this build and Flicker Strike this league and remembering how much I love the mobility of the Raider, I tried shoehorning a couple different concepts into that ascendancy... in PoB, I managed to get pretty close to sustaining RF, doing about 1/2 to 2/3 of the damage.

I'm leveling it now, so hopefully I'll have some amusing stories about how it falls on its face. Not sure what I'm going to add to RF in terms of supporting damage, since the point will be to keep moving with perma phasing rather than stopping to channel something like Incinerate, but hopefully it'll at least be a fun attempt. :)
Awesome internationalfish! Let us know how it goes!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info