Stress-Free PoE |RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR: No Required Items, 1-Button Play, SSF League Start-End| 3.15

"
Silvoz wrote:
Spoiler
Hey,

All i read is 3.16 is great for this build.
But how easy/hard will it be to sustain the 75% more degen?
up to 35% of max hp per second from 20%.

Edit:
Ohh wait it's just the damage dealt in the Aoe not self.
Well i'll leave it here as is, maybe others read it as wrong as i did. :)
"
CaedwynArgol wrote:
Spoiler
You're right to be concerned for sustain, but for the wrong reason.

%HP regen per endurance charge is being nerfed or removed. Endurance charges will still have value since they reduce damage taken from the degen, but they probably won't be a hard investment like they are now for this build.

But we're getting some regen nodes to accommodate that.
Hey Silvoz & CaedwynArgol :). I too had to read the statement a few times to make sure I was understanding it properly. I took away from it that RF isn't changing how it functions, just how much damage it deals. Which is perfect for us since Incinerate was added to the build because RF needed a lot of help to deal good damage (in general, not just with this setup).

But you're also right that how we go about sustaining RF will likely change a bit. I love the defensive perks of Endurance Charges. I don't GGG taking away the identity of End. Charges, but considering the % changes mentioned...what'll likely happen for 3.16 with this build is that the tree will look quite different but the gems will stay the same (from the revamped version). THough, I'm holding out for the same tree. Maybe the changes to End. Ch. will still be awesome and the % changes on the tree will be nodes that are already selected! That'd be nice :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"

And RF damage went up massively (as far as I can tell) without any consequence at all[/span]

RF damage took -30% DMG nerf with removal of EO&EE.

Few points for the build:
- Why incinerate? It does not scale with %fire damage over time multiplier, which is mainstat for RF builds. (I like the leech thou!)
- Why no block for build aimed for newbies?
- Reserving 1k life is huge, comparing to the effort to gain 1k more life with already good gear
- Where is PoB with sample gear? Cant find link.
RF with that new shield and replica bitterdream?
"
Dofolo wrote:
Spoiler
RF with that new shield and replica bitterdream?
Pretty cool, right Dofolo?

"
Sharaki wrote:
Spoiler
RF damage took -30% DMG nerf with removal of EO&EE.

Few points for the build:
- Why incinerate? It does not scale with %fire damage over time multiplier, which is mainstat for RF builds. (I like the leech thou!)
- Why no block for build aimed for newbies?
- Reserving 1k life is huge, comparing to the effort to gain 1k more life with already good gear
- Where is PoB with sample gear? Cant find link.
Hey Sharaki!

1) This build didn't use EE so this build isn't impacted by that change. Incinerate gets a lot more damage with EO and RF's new buff makes up for the EO damage it lost.

2) In the Gem section I have a whole section as to why I chose Incinerate. Let me know if you have any questions after that.

3) There are tons of damage mitigation options in this game, but there are only so many points. I opted for the strengths of the Chieftain's ascendancy with this build. And I love the option of going with two sceptres sometimes. So to allow that freedom I went a different route. Also, on a personal note, I don't like inconsistent (chance-based) mitigation, I prefer consistency.

The build isn't just designed for new players, but I do explain the build in case someone is new.

4) Reserving 1k life is huge. In the guide, I give people the option and tell them to make their own choice regarding the auras that reserve life. There are going to be new options to deal with that on the new tree too.

5) I don't give a PoB with gear. I find people rely too much on PoB and perfect setups than they do actual gameplay. People are welcome to load the PoB provided (in the Passive Tree and Media Section) and add whatever gear they hope to obtain.

Hopefully, that answers your questions. Let me know if I missed any.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey so I was testing out this in preparation for 3.16 and I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to league start and leveling. I've been trying both Holy Flame Totem and Spell Totem with Fireball and they seem to do roughly the same amount of damage; none. I got stuck fighting Oak because he heals faster than I can damage and closes the door when you start the fight, and it doesn't seem like anyone else in this thread had trouble leveling, so clearly I'm missing something. I did some wand crafting for added fire damage but apparently that's not enough, help pls
Use a frost bomb to stop his regen.
If you have trouble with Oak your starting build/pathing sucks ... there's no harm in respeccing points later ... or use a frost bomb as suggested.

Going to league start as RF I guess; now I need to think about what class. There's been some funky reworks, may go out of the box even.

Going to assume that shield that makes your main + offhand a 6L is going to be 'not available' because of price so standard gearing I suppose.
"
Dofolo wrote:
If you have trouble with Oak your starting build/pathing sucks ... there's no harm in respeccing points later ... or use a frost bomb as suggested.

I'm not going to disagree exactly, but I've just been following WoD's recommendations about picking all the southern nodes in the tree first
I've been experimenting with the new PoB, adjusting skill gem level to mimic the patch notes. I've been using Scorching Ray & Righteous Fire.

Unfortunately, boss damage seems much lower no matter what we do compared to last patch (if using EE & EO). Our clear has been massively buffed, though. Same with defenses.

We can reach 84% max fire resist on the passive tree (more, though I think that's the best investment per point).

Below are some thoughts about both Chieftain & Inquisitor. I've explained a little bit in case we have newer players checking this thread for the first time.

Chieftain:
Chieftain has incredible physical damage mitigation. 20% phys damage taken to fire is immense. You're able to stack that with Formless Inferno for huuuuuge physical mitigation, especially since RF Chieftain has so much spare fire resistance. It's easy to hit the armor cap and exceed it. Other options are Cloak of Flame, or Crystal Vault to redirect physical damage to elemental.

Double Kaom's Way & using endurance charges is still a nice idea with Chieftain. Endurance charges are still great, but Chieftain has lost a lot of regen in Tasalio, and the Charge Mastery cluster in the south has lost its regen per end. charge. There are better places to put those points now, like...

Sovereignty's cluster. It is too good to pass up. It allows us to stack either Purity of Elements or Determination with Malevolence and Purity of Fire. I'm leaning towards Determination with automatic flasks to handle ailments, but you could have way stronger flasks if you go Purity of Elements. That's also a great option.

Inquisitor:
Inquisitor seems to have more potential at a higher gear requirement, and generally higher damage. That didn't change. Corrupted Soul (through Replica Soul Tether or the Glorious Vanity jewel) allows us to focus less on health-stacking since we split damage on health & the energy shield, so super cheap rings like Pyre are more attractive on a slim budget. Seriously, for 1 chaos you can have insane levels of burning damage with good fire & cold resistance. These rings are incredible.

The huge benefit Inquisitor has over Chieftain is Consecrated Ground. Due to the reduction in regen in Chieftain ascendancy & endurance nodes on the tree, maintaining Consecrated Ground reliably is more important. Inquisitor maintains it permanently, and it restores 2.5% more life per second for him. With minor investment, it provides almost 100% curse reduction compared to the normal Consecrated Ground's 50%.

Conclusion: Although I see Chieftain remaining the budget, laziness-friendly ascendancy for RF, I'm pretty sure I'll play Inquisitor from now on. The ease in accessing regen has narrowed between these two specializations a lot.
Last edited by CaedwynArgol on Oct 19, 2021, 10:50:21 AM
"
Sheepyhead8 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey so I was testing out this in preparation for 3.16 and I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to league start and leveling. I've been trying both Holy Flame Totem and Spell Totem with Fireball and they seem to do roughly the same amount of damage; none. I got stuck fighting Oak because he heals faster than I can damage and closes the door when you start the fight, and it doesn't seem like anyone else in this thread had trouble leveling, so clearly I'm missing something. I did some wand crafting for added fire damage but apparently that's not enough, help pls
Levelling is slow on this build, but not that bad. I'm not sure what you could have done wrong. In the guide, I suggest going south first, then taking all the nodes, going north, as they come. Damage does come later but I never had a circumstance that I couldn't get past. What you could do upon league start is level Ground Slam along with HOly Flame Totem. Flame totem is slow to level with in this build, but Ground Slam's accuracy won't be a problem until act 3 or 4. Even Fireball is a good choice (but it has a heavy Int. requirement.)

Does that help at all?

"
Dofolo wrote:
Spoiler

Going to league start as RF I guess; now I need to think about what class. There's been some funky reworks, may go out of the box even.

Going to assume that shield that makes your main + offhand a 6L is going to be 'not available' because of price so standard gearing I suppose.
I think Chief is awesome for sure, Dofolo. But I was playing around Scion and LOVED what she gave RF. I was liking Trickster and Chief.

"
CaedwynArgol wrote:
Spoiler
I've been experimenting with the new PoB, adjusting skill gem level to mimic the patch notes. I've been using Scorching Ray & Righteous Fire.

Unfortunately, boss damage seems much lower no matter what we do compared to last patch (if using EE & EO). Our clear has been massively buffed, though. Same with defenses.

We can reach 84% max fire resist on the passive tree (more, though I think that's the best investment per point).

Below are some thoughts about both Chieftain & Inquisitor. I've explained a little bit in case we have newer players checking this thread for the first time.

Chieftain:
Chieftain has incredible physical damage mitigation. 20% phys damage taken to fire is immense. You're able to stack that with Formless Inferno for huuuuuge physical mitigation, especially since RF Chieftain has so much spare fire resistance. It's easy to hit the armor cap and exceed it. Other options are Cloak of Flame, or Crystal Vault to redirect physical damage to elemental.

Double Kaom's Way & using endurance charges is still a nice idea with Chieftain. Endurance charges are still great, but Chieftain has lost a lot of regen in Tasalio, and the Charge Mastery cluster in the south has lost its regen per end. charge. There are better places to put those points now, like...

Sovereignty's cluster. It is too good to pass up. It allows us to stack either Purity of Elements or Determination with Malevolence and Purity of Fire. I'm leaning towards Determination with automatic flasks to handle ailments, but you could have way stronger flasks if you go Purity of Elements. That's also a great option.

Inquisitor:
Inquisitor seems to have more potential at a higher gear requirement, and generally higher damage. That didn't change. Corrupted Soul (through Replica Soul Tether or the Glorious Vanity jewel) allows us to focus less on health-stacking since we split damage on health & the energy shield, so super cheap rings like Pyre are more attractive on a slim budget. Seriously, for 1 chaos you can have insane levels of burning damage with good fire & cold resistance. These rings are incredible.

The huge benefit Inquisitor has over Chieftain is Consecrated Ground. Due to the reduction in regen in Chieftain ascendancy & endurance nodes on the tree, maintaining Consecrated Ground reliably is more important. Inquisitor maintains it permanently, and it restores 2.5% more life per second for him. With minor investment, it provides almost 100% curse reduction compared to the normal Consecrated Ground's 50%.

Conclusion: Although I see Chieftain remaining the budget, laziness-friendly ascendancy for RF, I'm pretty sure I'll play Inquisitor from now on. The ease in accessing regen has narrowed between these two specializations a lot.
Nice read CaedwynArgol! Thanks! Don't forget about the Scion. Selecting Trickster coupled with...well...many other good candidates makes her a great RF option as well!

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info