Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

I Like How the "nerfed" fotify like if it was some kind of invulnerability mechanic.
Dont be ridiculous. Theres no tanking on PoE. Theres only dammage.
There is NO BUILD (Less than 10 mirrors) that can tank on this game.
NGL, this is pretty rough. Hope the league still does well, but y'all really swung that nerf bat around with a blindfold on.
Since players are meant to take longer to kill enemies, can we make enemies take longer to kill players? The reason everyone wants to instagib everything on the screen is because that's the only consistent way to avoid going from like, 6k life to dead instantly.

At minimum there should be a damage report so it's not so confusing to figure out how you just got deleted.

Even better would be some kind of damage gates on player health so we have a chance to react to a huge damage spike without just getting flattened instantly.
Spectral throw?
no mention of bad MONSTER mechanics anywhere. 1shot spikes are part of the reason people were bottlenecked into creating off-the-wall powerhouses. GGG looked at this and determined the best thing to do would be nerf defenses to the ground and BUFF monsters again?!

Theres a big difference between "difficult" and a "Lucy". Kudos to whoever gets the reference
Love the nerfs to player damage. Wish something would be done to make monsters more dangerous without the only/major danger being one-shots. I think until that gets addressed, combat will still being pretty meaningless and builds will mostly be designed to one-shot the screen before getting touched with anything.

Nervous about ailment/curse immunity but willing to test the new systems and see how they feel. I think this is a dangerous line to walk, hopefully you didn't make it too punitive.

Nerfing movement speed flasks/skills without buffing loot drops (i.e. fewer but better pickups, radial currency pickup) is terrible. So many encounters punish looting while playing (delirium, abyss, not getting killed while trying to click a bunch of crap) and now backtracking maps is going to feel even worse. I get not having autoloot but I wish you would prioritize improving the loot system.

And the nerf to crafting is brutal, again with no buff to dropped loot. The last league made it so clear how much crap loot drops, destroying performance, making it feel like crap to pick up and ID stuff, and generally making upgrading gear without trade feel like garbage. The fact that people would even bother to run Catarina to get Aisling crafts shows what a huge hole in gear crafting was left by the Harvest nerfs. If you're going to keep crapping on crafting, please hurry up with the de-cluttering patch.

Quit last league earlier than any other because of the terrible performance and general boringness of the league mechanic and staleness of the meta. Reinstalled over the weekend and performance was still terrible. I'll give this league a couple of weeks; I like rolling back the player power but I really think you're off base in the directions you're going, and I think you're still massively neglecting meaningful playtime QOL and performance. Hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by BarnabieBob on Jul 19, 2021, 7:34:26 PM
"
For those who don't want to read the long version, here is a short one:

Hey, we are not interested in all these players who have a job and all. So we make the game even "harder", leaving them only three options:

1. They can find the strongest build, go to some shady shop, spend their money on the 100 exalted orbs for the required equipment. Basically, this is cheating.

2. They can spend most of their spare time running the exact same content every single league, without the slightest chance of achieving something new. This is just boring.

3. They can dislike both options, and leave. This is probably the best option.

So, if you are not one of our beloved streamers, then you can go and fuck yourself. You are not the kind of players we want.

Of course bro.
Fuck this and my 2 hours a day casual playtime.
I will clearly go to one of those shady sites =)
"
GGG did not say anything about nerfing HH to finally turn it into a cute relic. I have to assume that means they know the 1% will still figure out how to crush their content, and this is just to slow down the pleebs like me. Can't have filthy 300 hours per league casuals getting to red maps now can we.

The only way I don't see someone reaching red maps in 300 hours of played time in a league is if they auto attack mobs one by one.... and even then it's a pretty daunting task.
I have nothing to say. Its not necessary. When GGG take a little look of how many players are playing, and how many retention they will have in the end of the legue, they are going to see how much they are screwing they own game.
I'm afraid D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info