Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

great work thank you all for you hard work
"We did not know or expect the servers couldn't handle this long queue for 2 hours..."

Also:
"We paid streamers to skip the queue"

So they knew it was gonna be 2 hour long queues but say here they didn't expect it? Suspicious. If they thought the launch was gonna be smooth, why pay streamers in advance for skip queues?
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
free loot box or riot
Please do not reset the league. It makes zero sense to complain about people getting a head start when every single league is handled through a queue (so...people always have a head start. Every league.). The only way this logic would make any sense is if everyone was able to log in and be standing on the beach for the start of league, similar to a race.

Clearly not a good league launch, but it's apparent that GGG knows this. I would much rather see time and effort put towards quality content and preventing these issues in the future than in some misguided attempt at "competing". The biggest downside for me would be to see issues like these repeat themselves. Not catching every aspect of league balance is understandable (even if a bit frustrating). Not having the servers able to run on launch day is another issue entirely.
when bots and dupe abusers will be banned?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Easy fix for this solution, stop wasting your money here from now on,play it as a free game, no point insulting a clown who compared real life with a game
Honestly people whine too much over streamer priority, it just makes sense and they are not that many.
+ its funny to see whales whining about it
Oblivious
better later than never!

ill not gonna praise you ggg, but ill expect to learn from past problems, those server crashes are not the first poe rodeo as league-start crashes, in last 3-4 leagues was so problematic starts, ill hope to see more stable league starts in future

right now, the servers work as smoothly as a baby's ass, kip this smootnes in the future of ultimatum league, and also in future leagues

yes this league start was a disaster,

but better later than never.
Last edited by dobre2 on Apr 17, 2021, 9:39:58 PM
Thank you for finally responding. Technical issues suck, but they happen. I personally feel that they happen all too frequently and that some internal investigation/soul searching needs to happen so that they are far less frequent. Literally every single league launch for the past 9 months has done this. My boss tells me "dumb shit happens once, it's a mistake. Dumb shit happens again, it's a habit. Mistakes we forgive and learn from, habits we discipline." Maybe it's time for GGG to start identifying the habits and taking steps?

Also, thank you for manning up and admitting the mistakes that were made and apologizing for them. That's mighty big of you. Now on to the unpleasant half of this post:

"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality." One way for that to become a reality would be for a league wipe so that the annointed few don't run the economy for the remainder of the league. Now that the issue is fixed, level the playing field and lets have the league start that you hyped us for the past couple weeks.

"Most streamers did not ask for this, and should not be held to blame for what happened." I strongly disagree with this. If you watch someone being murdered and don't do anything about it, a murderer you are. Once they realized that something wasn't right, they should have taken steps. To keep on utilizing the preferential treatment well after realizing that they were getting preferential treatment makes the streamers just as guilty, if not more so, than GGG. The streamers could have just logged off once they realized that nobody else was getting a fair shake. But they not only kept on going, they were outright rude about it. Now they are farming endgame content while the rest of us are just getting out of the original storyline and into the expanded campaign. That is absolutely not acceptable in a loot based, player driven economy game. Like I said, a reset is almost necessary at this point. You nerfed a lot of things in the name of economic stability, but allow this?

"It's completely understandable that many players are unhappy with how today has gone on several fronts. This post has no intention of trying to convince you to be happy with these outcomes. We simply want to provide you some insight about what happened, why it happened and what we're doing about it in the future. We're very unhappy with it too." Like I said, thank you for the apology. It takes a big man to admit his failures publicly and own up to them. I respect that. However; I cannot trust you. Not after everything that went down. Streamers got priority and a huge head start on the economy, which is an almost unsurmountable advantage. Those few will now dictate the economy for the remainder of the 3 month league. Also, what other advantages do they receive? You may say none but after this recent fiasco, how can I trust that? The point is that I can't, and broken trust is very hard to redeem. I don't support people I don't trust. I don't lend them money. I will continue to play POE, because I truly enjoy the game, but I am done supporting it. And before any of your fanboys jump my ass about my lack of "supporter" packs, there are other ways to support them. I have close to $100 in stash tabs in addition to my $30 supporter pack. And in no world will you convince a complete newcomer that this is a $130 game. It's a very enjoyable game, but the technical issues definitely hold back it's potential. That combined with the recent slap to the community's face will make it very hard for me to ever support you again. I'm not ruling anything out, but you've got a tough row to hoe.

TL,DR: We have a saying where I'm from: "Deeds, not words. Don't tell me, show me." Also, "Saying sorry means nothing if you don't discontinue the behavior that made it necessary."

I can't decide which is more insulting: You thinking you can treat me like a second class citizen, or you believing that I'd be ok with it.
"
aHz1984 wrote:
"
cybert2 wrote:
So many choices for new arpg's any suggestions? does not matter if online or offline

grim dawn i can suggest !
last epoch is also cool, but still very much "in progress" and unfinished.

With the blatant lie posted in the OP plus the lack of moral fortitude to do the right thing from the HMFIC, as well as the hypocrisy displayed by certain mods, I too am looking for other games. Thanks for recommending Grim Dawn...looks quite interesting!
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info