Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

Remember that one time when GGG shit the bed... boy was that fun.
Saved
Unacceptable.

Instead of giving excuses and posting trivial explanations, pointing issues that we already are aware of in lots of previous league starts, you should focus on this kind of situation to NOT happen anymore, ever. If fact, this game already have almost 8 years, and league mechanic exists in a long time also. At this point, after so much league starts and issues with them, you and your team in GGG surely already have some knowledge about how fix this kind of problem, and certainly to addressing servers issues too. If not, then we're facing a true case of negligence and indifference with the players. I won't even go into the question of money here, simply because it doesn't make sense to discuss it at this point.

And publicly admit the streamers privileges, this is bad, really bad. There was a lot of rumors and speculations about this along the last leagues, and now it's confirmed. Very sad to read about that with words coming from the own creator of the game.
I wonder what more privileges they should have... better loot and drop rates? More XP?
And you're saying that will not allow this in the future, sorry I'm not buying this. It surely will continue along the time. After all, it's good for profits, isn't it?

Unfortunately, at this moment, despite being the best choice for all those who are still playing the league, a reset is already out of question, although it would be the better choice to make.

BTW, The previous league was my last league. Now I'm with the other half of the world population that is not playing this league though, and I'm very sorry for those who decided to proceed with such a broken and unfair game.

As my last hope, I will wait for PoE2 in an attempt to play something that is closer to the concept that you so much emphasizes in all your positions of the game.
GGG ill forgive you if you will release a new support pack xD i wanna buy one :(
"
cybert2 wrote:
"
aHz1984 wrote:
"
cybert2 wrote:
So many choices for new arpg's any suggestions? does not matter if online or offline

grim dawn i can suggest !
last epoch is also cool, but still very much "in progress" and unfinished.

already have Grim Dawn. Very good game.

Just got Warhammer chaosbane going to give it a go and if I don't like at least steam will give me my money back

Play neverwinter. It is pay to rush but you can have a lot of fun if not playing alone. And servers work.
privileged streamers... never have I imagined that would happen.., ty thou..

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.. no streamers first, ALL FIRST plz...
Last edited by chann091 on Apr 17, 2021, 7:58:21 PM
Restarting the league wouldn’t help the people who took time off specifically for launch-day.

Better to make those who got queue-priority and those who got the paid advertising deals to delete and start fresh.

They’ll all catch up so fast anyway, it won’t matter much to them; but it will make us plebs feel better about the league’s economy for the next 3 months, and GGG’s integrity and willingness to clean up their messes.

Also, host some 2 hr to 2 week race leagues, for those who wanted but missed that.
Take my advice. I'm not using it.
I can forgive tech issues (especially as a programmer); and I can forgive faux pas like letting the paid advertisers skip the queue, especially with the explanation and apology and promise.

But the burr in my saddle is… this streamer who said, paraphrasing: “Life’s not fair and I have the advantage so suck it plebs.”

I don’t watch streamers, so I’d never heard of this guy. But knowing not only that there are such toxic people in the community (of course there are), but that they’re influential and apparently *being paid* by GGG for streaming???

If that guy’s account isn’t banned, my previously very positive view of GGG as an ethical company will be seriously soured.

Update: Bex says [Removed by Support] wasn't paid for his streams. That doesn't really change how I feel, or the toxicity of that attitude.

[Removed by Support]
Take my advice. I'm not using it.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Apr 18, 2021, 10:12:04 AM
Thanks for resetting the league, it was the only REAL FAIR thing to do!
So, now it's about 26 hours after I first clicked "Play" in my Steam library. Only once have I actually been able to click the Login button and it had me in a 2k queue for about 10 seconds before the game crashed. Every other time my game crashes at the login screen.

Yes, it's frustrating...but I'm gonna keep trying to login. I don't care about racing through to maps or how I can get the best trade-deal by being in front. I just want to play the damn game!

I'm happy to kick around in standard too, if the game would just let me in.

FYI: I even uninstalled/reinstalled PoE on Steam and it didn't change anything for me. I also downloaded and installed it as a standalone without using Steam to launch. Still no change.

So, people complaining that they've lost a few items and having to redo an area a few times before it registers are kinda lucky )but not really).
I have yet to create my first character *sigh*
"
Manjusri wrote:
I can forgive tech issues (especially as a programmer); and I can forgive faux pas like letting the paid advertisers skip the queue, especially with the explanation and apology and promise.

But the burr in my saddle is… this streamer who said, paraphrasing: “Life’s not fair and I have the advantage so suck it plebs.”

I don’t watch streamers, so I’d never heard of this guy. But knowing not only that there are such toxic people in the community (of course there are), but that they’re influential and apparently *being paid* by GGG for streaming???

If that guy’s account isn’t banned, my previously very positive view of GGG as an ethical company will be seriously soured.

agreed!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info