Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

UPDATE: Server stability issue appears fixed. Be careful with your database page sizes, people.

OMG page size!!!! I've lived this nightmare a few times now Wonder!
That explains the weird rollbacks from my end.
I had the whole saturday booked off work, Deferred easily $800 NZD of work to the evenings of next week. Then the launch was stolen from me and my friend, who had already bought a supporter pack and then got this slap in the face.

Do the correct thing and re-start the league, Tell us when it will be ahead of time so we can plan to play. Ensure there is fairness, don't just say it. I don't think there has ever been a launch this bad, Ever.
"
Lynxdragon wrote:
Do the correct thing and re-start the league, Tell us when it will be ahead of time so we can plan to play. Ensure there is fairness, don't just say it. I don't think there has ever been a launch this bad, Ever.
The last time they had launch issues this bad, there was no reset. It's stupid to think they'd change their stance now.
"
Lynxdragon wrote:
I had the whole saturday booked off work, Deferred easily $800 NZD of work to the evenings of next week. Then the launch was stolen from me and my friend, who had already bought a supporter pack and then got this slap in the face.

This is such a dumb thing to write, nobody is telling you to buy MTX, the game is literally free. Sorry about your deferred money, go play another game while GGG work on fixing the issues instead of crying here like a little bitch. It's not like GGG messed up the launch on purpose, mistakes were made, they learnt a thing or two. It's not like you have never made a mistake at your $800 NZD (not even flexing) job.
The launch was handled very poorly technically speaking. But the PR aspect is a disaster unparalleled in the history of the game.

Your bad attitude has effectively lost you a ton of $
Censored.
"
a_k_a wrote:
I find it rather "interesting" how GGG are reading all these complaints and requests to restart the leagues for the past 20 hours (even the reddit post with over 3k upvotes) but they haven't responded to it even once with an official statement on the matter as if they just don't F care or it's not a real thing.

Everyone who was demoralized by this league start that immediately tainted the whole experience on a hyped fresh start on many different levels of f****d up... Screw those people, right? Clearly they're not important. Clearly they never helped you get anywhere?

As long as the sellout advertisers on twitch are satisfied and sign up for your paid promotions - it's fine. This disaster of a launch? Nah, not a major problem to the competitive integrity of a fresh league and a fair playing field that we always kept putting out there as the idea behind these leagues and our advertisement?

I remember when there was a server restart several years ago after about 30 minutes of login issues. It wasn't nowhere as bad as this but yet you decided to give everyone a fair do-over, right? Why is it not the case now? You won't come out and say it, will you?

This is not GGG that I remember, this is Tencent. You'd rather bribe some streamers out of another dimension that never heard about your game to come and advertise it for you rather than taking care of players who been here all along.

I bought a pack few days ago and GGG won't even let me refund it... I publicized their answer to me on these forums - a moderator immediately deleted it. Transparency, right?

This is how far we've come people. Disgraceful really.

sadly...they prefer streamers

ok
Last edited by xDarkillx on Apr 17, 2021, 3:49:41 PM
This is what was worth responding to for them? Never mind the near 500 forum responses and the most amount of Reddit responses on them ruining Harvest and people explaining in well thought out and rational arguments how them ruining even the other endgame like Bestiary, Delve and Delirium is also an awful decision. Nah, let's ignore all of that instead because WE know best about what's best for the game and the players. If they don't like it, they can go somewhere else. Except we've designed our game around addiction mentality to the point where we know most of our players are addicted and there's not much competition out there. So we'll just do what we want, we want the game to stay a miserable experience that doesn't have a reasonable crafting system and a trade system designed around a 90s mentality of game development and if others don't like it, well it's their fault obviously. This is even more absurd than when they decided to post-pone a league for a month because of Cyberpunk when Cyberpunk ended up having a failed launch and no one playing it whatsoever. But hey, we developers know best and make the right decision 100% of the time and if a large part of the community tells us we're wrong, then it's their problem and they will just have to adjust. What has happened to this company and game? I can't fathom such a good game pre 3.14 being completely ruined with all of these changes and the developers being more disconnected than I've seen any game company, ever.
People's logic on here:
"Can't form a valid argument? Easy, stalk the person's profile instead and attack their character.
Don't like or can't handle someone's opinion? Easy, label it as “toxic”."
Someone start a Poll dammit...it'll be fun!

To Reset or Not to Reset! lol
"
RedwoodCoast wrote:
UPDATE: Server stability issue appears fixed. Be careful with your database page sizes, people.

OMG page size!!!! I've lived this nightmare a few times now Wonder!
That explains the weird rollbacks from my end.

I'm surprised they didn't find this sooner. The disconnects and rollbacks all strongly pointed towards database issues - particularly page files / transaction logs. I mentioned this to my girlfriend a few hours after the fiasco began but assumed it had to be something else with how long the issue dragged on.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

but theres no pint clinging to it, no one intentionally did something to harm anyone, everyone just wanted the best for the game and for everyone to be happy and love the launch and then mistakes were made. people make mistakes, we all do. so group hug, everyone just kiss and make up, lets move on with our lives and enjoy ourselves.

I disagree. Launch of a new league will always have some hiccups. Last launch was pretty good. Heist sucked bad. Bad before that and so on. They know this. Knowing this, they decided to do the priority thing. That's intentional. They knew some people would get preferential treatment. Why did they do this? They wanted streamers to be sure to have the game playing and not looking at a que screen. That shows intent.

Personally, I can understand to a degree. You need to promote your business. But doing it at launch was really dumb. Wait a day or two to work out the obvious bugs that always pop up, but definitely not at reset.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info