Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
WOW GGG,

I for one was hoping all last night/tonight that you guys would take a stand on this and make it open about preferring streamers. A lot of viewers thought it was bullshit that GGG let streamers on the servers first but I knew it for sure and I have to be honest I saw red for the first time in my entire PoE career and looked for someone to blame for all the problems.

I even went so far as to say that if GGG doesn't release a statement today about an existing whitelist, I will never play Path of Exile again, never again invest my money in the store and other things for such a good game and such great updates that the dev team has released.

Now you actually made such a statement and I'm really surprised that it happened so fast and that I wasn't wrong with my whitelist theory after all. (I was always of the opinion) Whitelist? yes is not nice and I was aware that it has a marketing purpose, but when the whitelist queue were always just an alleged rumor what players have invented to let your frustration run free I was always extremely annoyed because everyone thought I was an idiot. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE OPENTHEIT TO COMMUNITY! Every player would have understood it totally and I also if you had stated something like that immediately publicly much earlier that there is or has been such a whitelist.

I am very happy to know that there is a streamer queue and can handle it wonderfully,
I have no problems with it, but the MOST IMPORTANT is also for the FUTURE, let us players know something like that before.

To conclude my post, you have not disappointed me in any way. In retrospect, I am very satisfied with your content and your attitude. For as many years as I've been playing Path of Exile, I've never said THANK YOU GGG for this beautiful game in a forum. Many friends also know through me that Path of Exile is just awesome once you understand it, but I have never said this to you.

So thank you Grinding Gear Games for the great years, these many hours I could spend with you.
I wish Path of Exile and the development team many more great years.

I wish all PoE lovers a beautiful ULTIMATE and I am already looking forward to Path of Exile.

best regards
Dennis
I was made because i couldn't play the game, i work hard and had all my weekend including Friday all planned out to play, and this made me so sad, not being able to play. I have anxiety btw, so i kinda suffer from this stuff.

BUT, i really love GGG and the support and clear information you guys provide, so I'll survive this and i accept your apologies. I know you guys will do better in the next league launch, GGG is currently one of the best gaming company out there, the information and support provided are really good. Continue the good work.

About the stream priority, is a little enraging, i understand the marketing over it as i work in the area, but is still something that should never happen, intentionally giving a player advantage over others are what make a game break. In some company are doing P2W stuff or giving exclusive access or information that can impact your game and others. If you wanted to do something like a queue priority, should be implicit that the player should play SSF, so it wouldn't impact the market.

Bottom of all, thanks for the text and information provided, i love GGG, one day i'll accomplish my dream of going to a Exile con or being able to visiting you guys.

Much Love :D
Just goes to show, what everyone suspected, Streamers get "Special Treatment". Played this game for 3 year and never seen drops like they get.
GGG decided to "provide us with in sight" and make "money excuses" instead of apologising for what happened.... :D
since its no reset, till july i guess...
Thank you for the update, surely I'm not the only one on these forums who can tell the difference between playing PoE as a job (big streamers) and as a hobby (us).
It's not like GGG has planned the bad start and then decided to give streamers priority. If it wasn't for the unstable servers nobody would have an issue with streamers having a separate queue.

I agree the league should be restarted but the hate, rage and entitlement is unjustified, unnecessary and not what PoE community has been all about. Ever.

Demands to get freebies, threats of leaving, conspiracy theories,

GROW THE HELL UP PEOPLE

you have a free game that has had many more ups than downs, why are we all forgetting that???

Bad start was bad, the game is still great,

Thank you GGG :)

Love you Server people at GGG <3 Have a nice night sleep, hope it was all made voluntaraly and you know that you did a great job!
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
" We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

Then make it a reality and rollback the entire league, those "streamers" will be ahead in progression, currency, experience etc and that is something you can't undo in a 3 month league

Quit giving us lip service and do what your company states it should
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Bhaykar wrote:
you have a free game that has had many more ups than downs, why are we all forgetting that???

Many of us have given support to the game over the years because PoE and GGG stood out as being different to others.

That doesn't justify sending hateful or threatening messages to anyone. However, it's also not fair to dismiss that support by suggesting we should be happy getting something we don't like, because it's free.
#RestartTheLeague

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info