[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

Anyone tried Inspiration Support in Reap? PoB shows some nice dmg boost but I'm not sure if this is reliable. I thought about swapping Spell Echo for it since you need to stand like 1 sec to get off the second cast of Spell Echo. What do you think?
"
Oknar90 wrote:
Anyone tried Inspiration Support in Reap? PoB shows some nice dmg boost but I'm not sure if this is reliable. I thought about swapping Spell Echo for it since you need to stand like 1 sec to get off the second cast of Spell Echo. What do you think?

Wellllll, Reap costs life, not mana, though I'm not sure if COC would work with it.

Also as an aside, I've switched from Stone Golem (not really necessary for keeping up health for Reap casts + it dies a lot) to Herald of Purity. Going very low unreserved life and mana (950/482 respectively) but ES (9592) is easily covering it. Praying for no chaos damage wipes.
Last edited by cerealbawks on May 5, 2021, 4:34:09 PM
Yes that's why I asked if PoB is reliable. :) Using Faster Casting instead of Spell Cascade shows me 75% more DPS but I doubt that...
"
Oknar90 wrote:
Yes that's why I asked if PoB is reliable. :) Using Faster Casting instead of Spell Cascade shows me 75% more DPS but I doubt that...

So there are two components of the damage this build puts out that are hard to completely quantify in POB, and you can see both pretty easily when playing around with it in POB.

1) It doesn't account for Unleash hits. If you notice, turning Unleash on or off will barely move the needle on damage overall. Though if you let it charge up, a single cast can hit 5 times (though 4 of the hits will be at 85-93% damage depending on your level + awakened or not). If I just spam my Reap spell, I hit 1 seal again between casts so I'm essentially doing ~1.9x damage per hit (and more if I let it charge obviously). ALSO Unleash Re-casts with Spell Cascade too!

*for fun I swapped out Cascade for 20/20 Faster Casting and I was maybe 50/50 on getting a seal charged or not, just FYI

2) An enemy can be hit by multiple 'reaps' generated by spell cascade. POB should show damage increasing pretty significantly just by turning off Cascade because it only calculates a single hit, and Cascade reduces damage inherently. With normal Cascade you could probably expect to hit 1-2 portions on an enemy, or 3-4 on awakened (3 on normal or 5 on awakened is possible, though only if the enemy is pretty large). Because of this, I really like getting the increased Reap AOE on Crown which isn't too terribly expensive (30-40c right now) to more consistently hit those ranges.

I'm currently sitting at 1.45m Sirus DPS, and if we factored in absolute max hits and seals we'd get 1.45*5 [hits from spell cascade] + 1.45*0.9*5*4 [all 4 unleashes hitting w/ all 5 cascade hits too] for ~33.35m Sirus DPS.

This isn't consistent DPS though, because a) seals don't instantly recharge and b) you're not hitting all 25 hits unless it's like, Omnitect or Maven brain, BUT you can see that damage with a full unleash. It's still better to spam when you have an opening on a boss since it's 1 seal + cascade is a lot of damage. I'd guesstimate the real number is probably closer to 18-24m Sirus DPS, which still absolutely obliterates almost all content besides end-game bosses (who still die fairly quickly).

Sorry, I didn't mean to make a gigantic wall of text to answer that, but figured it hadn't been said yet and might be helpful to anyone seeing a puny 700k-1.5m dps in POB and wondering why it's so low.
Hey guys would appreciate if anyone could look over my build and let me know if im doing anything wrong or could be doing anything better, struggle a little bit with top end maps but im still saving for awakened spell cascade

I think my ES is a little low at 7700 (compared to some people in here) and im not 100% sure why.

Im also wondering if i should sell my
in order to pay for awakened spell cascade?

edit: wtf awakened spell cascade is 9 exalt now, is there any alternatives?
Last edited by hixx on May 6, 2021, 2:27:28 AM
Hi could anyone help me figure out why my damage is so low, the dps only shows around 160k - 200k while aziire has 600k, i know im missing awakened unleash and awakened cascade, and two jewels which together add around 100k. but i dont think thats what causes the massive difference in damage, (pob doesnt calculate the cascade correctly anyway). With those two gems replaced with normal ones it only drops his damage around 30k that together with the jewels missing is around 130k meaning im still missing around 100-200k damage somewhere

any help would be appreciated. this is the link to my character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zanban/characters
@Hixx, your profile is private so I can't take a look.

"
zanban wrote:
Hi could anyone help me figure out why my damage is so low, the dps only shows around 160k - 200k while aziire has 600k, i know im missing awakened unleash and awakened cascade, and two jewels which together add around 100k. but i dont think thats what causes the massive difference in damage, (pob doesnt calculate the cascade correctly anyway). With those two gems replaced with normal ones it only drops his damage around 30k that together with the jewels missing is around 130k meaning im still missing around 100-200k damage somewhere

any help would be appreciated. this is the link to my character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zanban/characters

Took a look at your character in POB. Your Sirus DPS is ~875k which is just over half of mine, so trying to figure out what the main differences are. Initial Thoughts:

1) I think you can rework your crafts to hit maxed chaos res and open up your amulet anoint (and maybe switch a jewel around too). The 'adds fire damage to attacks' craft on your ring doesn't actually give you any damage here since Reap is a spell. You could throw any of the 13-15 Chaos and [elemental] resistance on it and your boots and you're pretty much there. Would suggest Cold so you could still be capped if you drop Bramble Drop (ironic) for something with Life & ES. Final bit of Chaos Res could come from another jewel or catalyzing rings.

I've been suggesting Utmost Might to almost everyone as a better anoint if you can forgo Cleansed Thoughts to get a big increase to health, ES, and damage (from crit chance). Nothing else really does all 3 and would catch you up to me on Strength a bit (I'm at 687, this would give you +80 or so).

2) I personally think Divine Wrath and Divine Fury are kind of not worth it when we can get more nodes that give both damage and utility. I may try to rework the tree a bit and nix Divine Judgement at some point and see if there are some areas I could go instead, maybe a Large + Medium Cluster

If you're willing to drop either of those and/or 1 + Amplify, I'd suggest grabbing Practical Application (lots of Str and Dex are great) and Coordination. Any combination having those only drops your DPS ~30k, but gives you a lot of utility.

3) Get a level 21 Reap. 21/23 Reaps are going for under 50c and for you would be ~60k damage boost.
oh sorry i took it off private, i have actually been using your spec as a reference a fair bit

i keep getting 1hit in maps and i dont know why, are you guys doing ultimatums?

currently at 4778 HP and 8795 ES

i would love to try more area of effect until i can afford awakened spell cascade but i also want to look at defensive options
Last edited by hixx on May 6, 2021, 10:20:17 AM
"
hixx wrote:

i keep getting 1hit in maps and i dont know why, are you guys doing ultimatums?

currently at 4778 HP and 8795 ES

Hi, just took a look when importing your build into POB, it appears that you have very little unreserved life and mana, which gives you next to no hit pool for chaos damage, which is pretty dangerous.
If I was to suggest anything it would be to drop Herald of Purity in favor of having a larger unreserved mana pool to soak those hits. I have mostly the same gear as you so far (though without a watchers eye just yet) but without HoP, and I seem to survive just fine in maps, even with around 6.7k ES pool currently.
Boop
Anyone got any ideas to further improve the build and/or switch to a better Inquisitor one (if there is one) with some of the same gems?

I got pretty much everything and now have a lot of spare currency with nothing to spend on. Should I spend them on getting to lv97 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info