[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

Would anyone be kind enough to look at my profile and suggest to me what to improve? I've thought of getting the awakened spell cascade support but after putting it in POB I've noticed there isn't any dmg increase at all. So I don't know if that 11ex (as of right now) is worth the investment...
So what leveling guide are we following here? The OG or everyone's spin off? I switched from Self Cast -> Cyclone -> Self Cast but am following the CoC build tree. What is everyone else doing haha?
Last edited by LuckyCrook on May 2, 2021, 6:04:29 PM
"
Kuro091 wrote:
Would anyone be kind enough to look at my profile and suggest to me what to improve? I've thought of getting the awakened spell cascade support but after putting it in POB I've noticed there isn't any dmg increase at all. So I don't know if that 11ex (as of right now) is worth the investment...

Things look good overall and similar to my build, I might suggest Controlled Destruction (i'm still at 99.9% crit rate even with it) over Faster Casting since you can be incentivized to do a hit and run strat with Unleash (or Anomalous Unleash which I use for extra cast speed). Also Precision is unnecessary in my opinion for Self-Cast.

Awakened Spell Cascade is a bit tough to get an accurate look at the impact via POB but I'll try to explain. With normal spell cascade you get the 3 casts, all of which can hit (though it'd have to be a real big enemy). With Awakened you get 5 hits and you can probably easily get 3x hits, maybe 4 if you're lucky. That means if your hit is 1m dps, you're multiplying that out by however many hits you get (unleash makes this slightly jankier, but hopefully you get the idea).

"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
Kuro091 wrote:

Things look good overall and similar to my build, I might suggest Controlled Destruction (i'm still at 99.9% crit rate even with it) over Faster Casting since you can be incentivized to do a hit and run strat with Unleash (or Anomalous Unleash which I use for extra cast speed). Also Precision is unnecessary in my opinion for Self-Cast.

Awakened Spell Cascade is a bit tough to get an accurate look at the impact via POB but I'll try to explain. With normal spell cascade you get the 3 casts, all of which can hit (though it'd have to be a real big enemy). With Awakened you get 5 hits and you can probably easily get 3x hits, maybe 4 if you're lucky. That means if your hit is 1m dps, you're multiplying that out by however many hits you get (unleash makes this slightly jankier, but hopefully you get the idea).

Thanks!

I've just craved in and bought the gem and I do notice the difference. I didn't notice the Precision until you mentioned lol. Forgot about it when I changed back from CoC. It doesn't cost much to just leave the aura on as well.

I'm on the fence about Controlled Destruction though. I like the fast casting so my mapping can be a bit faster. Plus, when I put in it in place of faster casting the skill's dps is lower somehow?

Controlled destruction:

Faster casting:

So I guess until I've saved enough to get an awakened one Faster Casting seems to be the better choice.

Nice to know my current build can improve though
Still leveling and I'm just beside myself here. This thread seems to be 50/50 on which version is better. The guide is abandoned halfway through an update and I'm not sure what I should even be saving for :\
"
Malheura wrote:
Still leveling and I'm just beside myself here. This thread seems to be 50/50 on which version is better. The guide is abandoned halfway through an update and I'm not sure what I should even be saving for :\

While I'm not an expert on this build, I did just hit 90 on it. I've been playing the CoC varient simply because the "leveling phase" of things when much quicker from 60+ onward, spin2win makes this pretty efficient.

I personally plan on transitioning to self cast reap once I get an awakened spell cascade.

Nothing with recommended uniques changes, still focus those. The tree is slightly altered for CoC but it's explained in the video. It's can be a bit sketch pre-75 in all res (chaos included). As far as clusters, use your best judgement, there's a bit of freedom there in the meantime. Because phys damage gets 100% converted to fire anyway.

It's a fun build, and I'm looking forward to going back to self casting with it for the increased damage. Bosses take a smidge bit of time in 14/15/16s but you're pretty tanky overall.
I'm sticking with the CoC build, I'm wondering when i can drop increased crit chance support? Sadly I've been unlucky and haven't been able to 6 link my chest.
Edit: Also anyone can feel free to ping me in game with questions on the build. Happy to help any/all (IGN: ReaperMeecher)

"

Fair criticism of the build guide. Though if you're leveling/in early maps you can kinda pick your own path and see what you like better without doubling up on cost. Here's what I'd grab to try both out. Asterisk next to them are items I'm still using at lvl 95. Top to bottom is the order of importance in my opinion

Vulconus* 4c
Astramentis* 23c
Corrupted 6-Link 10-15c/Tabula Rasa 13c
Shaper's Touch* 2c
Perepiteia 2c (aim for high attack/cast speed depending on COC/self-cast)
Cyclopean Coil* or Tactician (3 or 13c)
Crown of the Inward Eye* 3c

Colors for the 6-link obviously change between the two builds (i think you can run 2R/2G/2B or a bit different for COC, i run 3R/3B for self-cast), or if you just want a Tabula Rasa you can do that too. Corrupted 6L just gives you some defensive stats.

Somewhat hilariously, I just fought Shaper and Elder for the first time this league and got Shaper's Touch and Cyclopean Coil drops, free to you if you want them.

"

I'm sticking with the CoC build, I'm wondering when i can drop increased crit chance support? Sadly I've been unlucky and haven't been able to 6 link my chest.

I'd check what your effective crit rate is in POB. As you start spiking in Strength you can probably get rid of it and replace it with a better option. The other breakpoint you have to worry about is how fast you can re-cast Reap, which Awakened Cast on Crit can help with too (though is also very expensive)

"
Kuro091 wrote:
"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
Kuro091 wrote:

Thanks!

I've just craved in and bought the gem and I do notice the difference. I didn't notice the Precision until you mentioned lol. Forgot about it when I changed back from CoC. It doesn't cost much to just leave the aura on as well.

I'm on the fence about Controlled Destruction though. I like the fast casting so my mapping can be a bit faster. Plus, when I put in it in place of faster casting the skill's dps is lower somehow?

Controlled destruction:

Faster casting:

So I guess until I've saved enough to get an awakened one Faster Casting seems to be the better choice.

Nice to know my current build can improve though

Honestly I wouldn't trust the in-game tooltip DPS too much, since it doesn't account for all the extra damage from ignited/bleeding and a lot of other factors. Personally I like the Controlled Destruction since I'm still at essentially 100% crit chance, and the build feels better IMO as a do a hit or two (to use unleash) and then dodge/let unleash recharge. I'm killing most T16 bosses in 2-3 bursts of that, though Maven took a bit longer.
Last edited by cerealbawks on May 3, 2021, 5:05:52 PM
My experience and stats with the build at lvl 93

my HO DPS
Reap +added fire +awakened fire pen+ spell cascade+ elemental focus + faster casting
Zealotry+HoA

For reference in maps with some flask buffs and arcane surge the dps was 318k

I recorded a t15 map run run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3YkReLQ94

character link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ciryous/characters/PormestariHanttinen

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/yf4cSxce

STATS:
894 life (5124unreserved) / 9154 ES
708 life regen / 891 es regen
1024 max life leech / 1190 max es leech

My experience so far:

Leveling was a breeze, maps started rough before uber lab and getting all key gear pieces. Build worked fine without prism guardian just with arrogance and rare shield.
Damage started feeling lacking in red maps, but arcanist brand setup and gear optimization helped over that hill.
Thread of hope in left side frees up some skill points and makes picking up "Arcane capacitor" cheap.
With 6link and 0,4s cast time I started hitting limit with my regen in bosses with 5 stacks. So vitality life leech watchers eye or some else life leech source is helpful.
Last edited by ciryous on May 3, 2021, 7:53:06 PM
I almost had a conniption when you moused over 'reroll' on Ritual with the Exalt on screen hahaha.

Elemental Focus is a bit of a tricky option IMO. Vulconus has the 'hits against ignited enemies' which i think is pretty helpful (enabling in POB shows a good increase). The EleFocus+Faster Casting seems like maybe the alternate to Controlled Destruction+Unleash? Think it's probably personal preference.

I like the idea with the Thread, though I've also specced out of most of those besides Divine Judgement in favor of more jewels/STR.

I decided to also record a clear of a T16 at Awakening 9 with some commentary for what I'm doing in the midst of Ultimatum and the like. Hopefully it's helpful <3

https://youtu.be/IWuTQeU1EdUi

https://pastebin.com/ppgWzHcj (for some reason POB has me at 928 unreserved life and 9300 es, is actually at 942/9445)
Last edited by cerealbawks on May 4, 2021, 10:31:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info