[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

oh yeah as for the mana, i dont usually run purity and sit on around 1k mana unres.

On this note though, is there any reason not to use mind over matter for 30% of damage taken from mana?
"
"
hixx wrote:

i keep getting 1hit in maps and i dont know why, are you guys doing ultimatums?

currently at 4778 HP and 8795 ES

Hi, just took a look when importing your build into POB, it appears that you have very little unreserved life and mana, which gives you next to no hit pool for chaos damage, which is pretty dangerous.
If I was to suggest anything it would be to drop Herald of Purity in favor of having a larger unreserved mana pool to soak those hits. I have mostly the same gear as you so far (though without a watchers eye just yet) but without HoP, and I seem to survive just fine in maps, even with around 6.7k ES pool currently.

Agreed. Herald is a bit min/max-y and I think you can only really go for it and the crazy low life/mana pool once you've maxed chaos res and have other defences shored up.

Main thing I'm seeing an issue with is flasks: I'd suggest any sort of Jade Flask over the Stibnite. 100% increased evasion is good, but getting your base up by 3000 (or more, depending on affixes) would boost your total evasion by a lot.

If you can get staunching on either your mana or something else, I'd get a Rumi's over a normal Granite flask for extra block.

Finally, while Quicksilvers are good for leveling, you can get another defensive flask instead since you can have extra movement as a flask affix too. You could maybe keep the Stibnite here. I'm not sure if you were using Quicksilver as the last couple percent to hit max on Lightning, but getting that maxed would be great.

If you check the video I posted, I'm pretty much popping flasks 2-5 whenever I encounter any pack of mobs and VERY frequently while in ultimatums so they're never down. You're killing things fast enough that you won't run out and you really need their defensive utility up to not die, especially in ultimatums.

As for the tree, I might suggest trading Blast Radius for Practical Application and Might. I think both might help you hit another breakpoint of 100 reserved life to boost ES more.

OH and definitely get Vaal Grace instead of normal Grace. No reason not to.

As for Mind over Matter, the only time you'd be benefiting from it is in non-chaos damage if your ES is all the way down, and if you're at that point you're likely one hit from death already.
Last edited by cerealbawks on May 6, 2021, 11:22:44 AM
"
ciryous wrote:
My experience and stats with the build at lvl 93

my HO DPS
Reap +added fire +awakened fire pen+ spell cascade+ elemental focus + faster casting
Zealotry+HoA

For reference in maps with some flask buffs and arcane surge the dps was 318k

I recorded a t15 map run run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3YkReLQ94

character link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ciryous/characters/PormestariHanttinen

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/yf4cSxce

STATS:
894 life (5124unreserved) / 9154 ES
708 life regen / 891 es regen
1024 max life leech / 1190 max es leech

My experience so far:

Leveling was a breeze, maps started rough before uber lab and getting all key gear pieces. Build worked fine without prism guardian just with arrogance and rare shield.
Damage started feeling lacking in red maps, but arcanist brand setup and gear optimization helped over that hill.
Thread of hope in left side frees up some skill points and makes picking up "Arcane capacitor" cheap.
With 6link and 0,4s cast time I started hitting limit with my regen in bosses with 5 stacks. So vitality life leech watchers eye or some else life leech source is helpful.

I respecced into unleash, it seems to pack more punch. It's maybe a little more clunky to cast, but on the other hand you don't need to stutter step like crazy like with the faster casting setup.

I recorded a quick t12 Strand and t14 Wasteland maps (with ultimatums) with the new setup if anyone is interested.

Strand:
https://youtu.be/tw5R1pKEVwk
Wasteland:
https://youtu.be/Ip2AOZquZgA

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/M3V3k94G
You mention in the section about Vulconus that you apply both bleed and ignite. How do you apply bleed when dealing no non-fire damage?

Edit: I'm ****ing dumb.
Last edited by DkFox on May 6, 2021, 11:44:01 AM
"
DkFox wrote:
You mention in the section about Vulconus that you apply both bleed and ignite. How do you apply bleed when dealing no non-fire damage?

I believe we apply Bleed with the '50% chance to cause bleeding on hit' from Vulconus. Not 100% certain that it works that way with spells (if it's a global modifier).

Also I'm testing out a slight variation swapping Divine Judgement for a Medium Cluster Jewel instead. I went with Towering Threat/Magnifier, but if you haven't capped Crit yet you can go for the one from the build guide (or any other Crit Chance one).

It did let me hit another 100 life reserved which put me up to 9773 ES (and 975 unreserved life). For some reason POB keep under-calculating my max life and I can't figure out why, so in the link below I added a +23 life modifier to my Astramentis to accommodate for it and match my in game numbers.

https://pastebin.com/mEgXt3sb
"
cerealbawks wrote:
@Hixx, your profile is private so I can't take a look.

"
zanban wrote:
Hi could anyone help me figure out why my damage is so low, the dps only shows around 160k - 200k while aziire has 600k, i know im missing awakened unleash and awakened cascade, and two jewels which together add around 100k. but i dont think thats what causes the massive difference in damage, (pob doesnt calculate the cascade correctly anyway). With those two gems replaced with normal ones it only drops his damage around 30k that together with the jewels missing is around 130k meaning im still missing around 100-200k damage somewhere

any help would be appreciated. this is the link to my character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zanban/characters

Took a look at your character in POB. Your Sirus DPS is ~875k which is just over half of mine, so trying to figure out what the main differences are. Initial Thoughts:

1) I think you can rework your crafts to hit maxed chaos res and open up your amulet anoint (and maybe switch a jewel around too). The 'adds fire damage to attacks' craft on your ring doesn't actually give you any damage here since Reap is a spell. You could throw any of the 13-15 Chaos and [elemental] resistance on it and your boots and you're pretty much there. Would suggest Cold so you could still be capped if you drop Bramble Drop (ironic) for something with Life & ES. Final bit of Chaos Res could come from another jewel or catalyzing rings.

I've been suggesting Utmost Might to almost everyone as a better anoint if you can forgo Cleansed Thoughts to get a big increase to health, ES, and damage (from crit chance). Nothing else really does all 3 and would catch you up to me on Strength a bit (I'm at 687, this would give you +80 or so).

2) I personally think Divine Wrath and Divine Fury are kind of not worth it when we can get more nodes that give both damage and utility. I may try to rework the tree a bit and nix Divine Judgement at some point and see if there are some areas I could go instead, maybe a Large + Medium Cluster

If you're willing to drop either of those and/or 1 + Amplify, I'd suggest grabbing Practical Application (lots of Str and Dex are great) and Coordination. Any combination having those only drops your DPS ~30k, but gives you a lot of utility.

3) Get a level 21 Reap. 21/23 Reaps are going for under 50c and for you would be ~60k damage boost.

Thank you for the great analysis, i have follow up on what you said and changed a few things, i cant get a resist enchant on my rings tho so i got a jewel with 10 chaos some hp and es to get me closer to the cap, got it up to 65 so hopefully that will be enough for now.
"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
Oknar90 wrote:
Yes that's why I asked if PoB is reliable. :) Using Faster Casting instead of Spell Cascade shows me 75% more DPS but I doubt that...

So there are two components of the damage this build puts out that are hard to completely quantify in POB, and you can see both pretty easily when playing around with it in POB.

1) It doesn't account for Unleash hits. If you notice, turning Unleash on or off will barely move the needle on damage overall. Though if you let it charge up, a single cast can hit 5 times (though 4 of the hits will be at 85-93% damage depending on your level + awakened or not). If I just spam my Reap spell, I hit 1 seal again between casts so I'm essentially doing ~1.9x damage per hit (and more if I let it charge obviously). ALSO Unleash Re-casts with Spell Cascade too!

*for fun I swapped out Cascade for 20/20 Faster Casting and I was maybe 50/50 on getting a seal charged or not, just FYI

2) An enemy can be hit by multiple 'reaps' generated by spell cascade. POB should show damage increasing pretty significantly just by turning off Cascade because it only calculates a single hit, and Cascade reduces damage inherently. With normal Cascade you could probably expect to hit 1-2 portions on an enemy, or 3-4 on awakened (3 on normal or 5 on awakened is possible, though only if the enemy is pretty large). Because of this, I really like getting the increased Reap AOE on Crown which isn't too terribly expensive (30-40c right now) to more consistently hit those ranges.

I'm currently sitting at 1.45m Sirus DPS, and if we factored in absolute max hits and seals we'd get 1.45*5 [hits from spell cascade] + 1.45*0.9*5*4 [all 4 unleashes hitting w/ all 5 cascade hits too] for ~33.35m Sirus DPS.

This isn't consistent DPS though, because a) seals don't instantly recharge and b) you're not hitting all 25 hits unless it's like, Omnitect or Maven brain, BUT you can see that damage with a full unleash. It's still better to spam when you have an opening on a boss since it's 1 seal + cascade is a lot of damage. I'd guesstimate the real number is probably closer to 18-24m Sirus DPS, which still absolutely obliterates almost all content besides end-game bosses (who still die fairly quickly).

Sorry, I didn't mean to make a gigantic wall of text to answer that, but figured it hadn't been said yet and might be helpful to anyone seeing a puny 700k-1.5m dps in POB and wondering why it's so low.

Awesome explanation, tyvm! I see now that I have to test by myself and not rely on PoB.
I'm running grace discipline and zealotry in prism so my health is only 143 out of 3560 is there still a point to life jewels if they don't have much effect I'm following the coc pob any advice would be appreciated
So I just killed Maven with the CoC version of the build. It went well, had enough damage and I was tanky enough. Died two times becuase I ran into one of the beams and was not able to regen ES.

I can also do ultimatum encounters easily, and just all in all really like this build. According to PoB, with flasks on, I have 3.3m DPS (this is with 0 blood charge, as with CoC I can't generate any of that)

Here is my setup. I currently have 10003 ES, 335 unreserved Life and 662 unreserved Mana. Even with this low amount of Life+Mana I only died once to chaos damage at Al-Hezmin by accidently walking into the middle chaos damage pool. For mapping and ultimatum, I swap out Controlled Destruction and Concentrated Effect with increased AoE and Spell Cascade.

Later on, I could buy a Bottled Faith, which would increase my DPS further up to 3.8m.
I've been playing this build this league, using the CoC version. I'm not that far into end-game, currently clearing T8 or so yellow maps fairly easily.

I've repeatedly failed at Uber Lab - I just get slaughtered by the traps if I'm not paying enough attention. I'm not sure that health/ES actually helps to survive that? Do they just do percentage damage anyway? Probably I just need to git gud.

I had a Brother's Stash (RIP Justin) drop for me last night, so I can invest in the end-game gear now, though I already have everything except the Jewels, Ivory Tower, Prism Guardian and Cinderswallow.

Just a question about play-style - when do you pop the Arcane Brand and when do you shield charge? I feel like whenever I stop cyclone I have about 1/10th of a second before I die. Perhaps I need to do it from off-screen, but arcane brand doesn't really last very long, so do I pop brands, charge in, whirl for 2 seconds to get out, repeat?

Also, perhaps Lori's Lantern would be a decent ring? It's cheap and provides decent resists, and we're low-life anyway, so that also gives us chaos/movespeed/unlucky enemy damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info