[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

I just changed my old coc buid for this one, and im not understanding, body armor says "Chaos Damage is Taken from Mana Before Life" but when I lose all my ES, i take hits in life and not in mana, and im not understanding why its use mana flask once my mana does not drops

can anyone explain these "newbie" questions? xd
"
GunaxX wrote:
I just changed my old coc buid for this one, and im not understanding, body armor says "Chaos Damage is Taken from Mana Before Life" but when I lose all my ES, i take hits in life and not in mana, and im not understanding why its use mana flask once my mana does not drops

can anyone explain these "newbie" questions? xd

so what that means is that when ever you take chaos damage, it will not be taken directly from life but from mana at first and once your mana is gone it will take yoour life, chaos damage bypasses ES. If you energy shield is gone, and your taking hp damage it means it was not chaos damage hurting you.

So make sure you have enough mana and chaos resists that you dont get one shot all the time.
Last edited by zanban on May 7, 2021, 1:25:43 AM
"
Vrazi wrote:
I'm running grace discipline and zealotry in prism so my health is only 143 out of 3560 is there still a point to life jewels if they don't have much effect I'm following the coc pob any advice would be appreciated

So Life/ES jewels are still extremely helpful, because the more life you have the more you reserve = WAY more ES. I know that Ivory says 100 life reserved = 30 ES, but because of how much additional %ES we have, that scales incredibly well.

A quick look at my POB shows I have 372% increased ES, so every 100 life reserved becomes 30 ES * 4.72 = 141.6 ES. That may not seem like a lot but 40% flat increase is pretty huge and I go from 5577/2169 (no Prism auras) to 975/9773 (with Prism auras) for an increase of 3000 total (if you combine them).

I'd suggest that anyone on here should take a look at the 'reserved' number above the life globe, and if it's near hitting another 100, to try and get past that if possible (by using targeted divines from Harvest or catalysts or whatever) since it'll be another bulk increase of ES.

"
Widjet wrote:
Just a question about play-style - when do you pop the Arcane Brand and when do you shield charge? I feel like whenever I stop cyclone I have about 1/10th of a second before I die. Perhaps I need to do it from off-screen, but arcane brand doesn't really last very long, so do I pop brands, charge in, whirl for 2 seconds to get out, repeat?

So I personally didn't add in the Shield Charge/Flame Dash combo till I went back to self-cast, but I imagine that charging in to get fortify and spinning should work well for most situations. Brand I only really use for bosses or really tanky mobs since you should kill packs without any issue.

"
GunaxX wrote:
im not understanding why its use mana flask once my mana does not drops

Zanban answered the first part of this and I'll try to answer the second (that I quoted). We're running low enough life that by the time you're taking damage with your ES down, you're pretty screwed anyways and no flask in the world will outheal the damage you're taking, so life flasks aren't really helpful. The mana flask (i personally use the one below) is specifically for trying to mitigate Chaos damage since we don't use mana otherwise and that's what Ivory Tower is here for. Most Chaos damage isn't in bulk but in DOTs (damage over time) such as poison, the miasma cloud in ultimatums, etc, and so we have some time to outheal it.

One of the problems with life and mana flasks is that their effect stops if you hit full life or mana respectively, but the tag 'Enduring' doesn't stop the flask effect on full mana (it doesn't appear on life flasks). So, if you were to lose mana during an Enduring Mana flask effect (like from chaos damage) it would still stay in effect and be healing you even though you might be going back and forth between full and not-full mana.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense, I know it's another wall of text for a small decision, but I think it's INCREDIBLY helpful for both self-cast and COC

Thanks for take some time to explain this things to me zanban and cerealbawks.
Now I will farm some currency and buy Unnatural Instinct, best rings and jewels, try 6l to increase my dps
I dont know if it was mentionned, but isn't zealoth's oath worth taking with the coc version of the build ?
"
psymate wrote:
I dont know if it was mentionned, but isn't zealoth's oath worth taking with the coc version of the build ?

According to the Path of Building calculations it will decrease my health regen by 844.5 points and will grant me with 38.7 points of es regen
Soooo probably not :)
Reason is Pious Path causing life regeneration also applying to es
Last edited by Gigabaitius on May 8, 2021, 10:24:29 AM
"
Gigabaitius wrote:
"
psymate wrote:

According to the Path of Building calculations it will decrease my health regen by 844.5 points and will grant me with 38.7 points of es regen
Soooo probably not :)
Reason is Pious Path causing life regeneration also applying to es

Ok thank you for the explanation, wasn't sure about that !
Was one of the worst lvling experiences with selfcast reap but once you can switch to CoC version of it its smooth sailing! :p
"
uihuihuh wrote:
So I just killed Maven with the CoC version of the build. It went well, had enough damage and I was tanky enough. Died two times becuase I ran into one of the beams and was not able to regen ES.

I can also do ultimatum encounters easily, and just all in all really like this build. According to PoB, with flasks on, I have 3.3m DPS (this is with 0 blood charge, as with CoC I can't generate any of that)

Here is my setup. I currently have 10003 ES, 335 unreserved Life and 662 unreserved Mana. Even with this low amount of Life+Mana I only died once to chaos damage at Al-Hezmin by accidently walking into the middle chaos damage pool. For mapping and ultimatum, I swap out Controlled Destruction and Concentrated Effect with increased AoE and Spell Cascade.

Later on, I could buy a Bottled Faith, which would increase my DPS further up to 3.8m.

Yeah this gear is cracked good lordy. Insane setup.

Also if you are here and see this just wanna give a big shoutout to @cerealbawks. I see you doing work in the forum replies, I have been slack as I have had so many avenues to respond on now (YouTube, Twitch, Discord, in game) that I left the forum on the wayside a little. I appreciate you, and everyone else that has been replying :D. I know there are a few of you active boys out here :).
"
AziiRe wrote:

Yeah this gear is cracked good lordy. Insane setup.

Also if you are here and see this just wanna give a big shoutout to @cerealbawks. I see you doing work in the forum replies, I have been slack as I have had so many avenues to respond on now (YouTube, Twitch, Discord, in game) that I left the forum on the wayside a little. I appreciate you, and everyone else that has been replying :D. I know there are a few of you active boys out here :).

Absolutely! Happy to help out after having the same kinds of discussions last league on Hydro/Storm. I just joined into the Discord (I'm mitchocolatechip) so I'm curious to hear how others are doing too.

Random PSA since even people who have been theorycrafting this for a while can mess it up: Check your connecting nodes people! Me seeing Aziire's new POB made me realize I had been taking the str/int nodes to the left of Arcanist's Dominion instead of just connecting up above Thunderous Salvo's which opened up a whole point for me.

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info