[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

So is Cyclone or self cast the way to go with this build? I'm currently running the cyclone version which feels strong on damage but I'm getting a constant desync where the cyclone will just casually stop for no reason (checked being oom, all my flasks etc should make me immune to all forms of CC).

The cyclone version at high level maps (currently doing 12's) feels kind of crap.
"
Syléro wrote:
So is Cyclone or self cast the way to go with this build? I'm currently running the cyclone version which feels strong on damage but I'm getting a constant desync where the cyclone will just casually stop for no reason (checked being oom, all my flasks etc should make me immune to all forms of CC).

The cyclone version at high level maps (currently doing 12's) feels kind of crap.

My journey (and I imagine it's gone similar for other players) was self-cast -> Cyclone -> self-cast. I ran high red tier maps with COC and it was...fine, but now I'm back at self-cast and cruising through most everything. I will say the Awakened Spell Cascade helped me a TON, but I'm also up to over 10k ES+life and max resists and surviving through most everything if you use Frost Shield and the Vaal auras right.

"
Standfort wrote:
New-ish player here. Sorry if this has been asked before.

I was wondering why the build says to take Pious Path (which to me seems relatively underwhelming) and not Inevitable Judgment instead, which would synergize well with the high crit chance we have on reap?

It'd also let us add 1 more support onto reap, as it'd render the fire penetration support redundant.

Many thanks in advance!

So a few things here. 1) Inevitable Judgement would be good if it still let us apply our debuffs to enemy resistances. A lot of the time with Fire Pen/Combustion/plenty of other sources we'll be well past 0% resistance for them which is a ton of damage.

Pious Path gives you a lot of cool things: if you're playing self-cast you'll always drop CG whenever you stop to cast, and then the life regen as ES regen and elemental ailment immunity will surely last until your next cast. This is much bigger than you think. My regen right now on CG is 700 (life) and 900 (ES) per second, which is separate from ES recharge.

Additionally if you have something like Zealotry where you're making CG on enemies, they'll have the CG effects stay on them for 4 seconds (100% increased crit chance + extra damage if you have that mod on a Watcher's Eye).
Playing CoC version, low playtime (lvl88 and this is my starter and only char), enjoying it in yellowmaps on a 5L. Took Ghost Reaver to get more leech in ultimatums, the only "scary" thing so far, any opinions on this tweak ?

Also, for those who went back to selfcast, how are you doing in redmap ultimatums ? Any survivability issues ?
I love the mobility of Cyclone+Frostblink in this new league mechanic, feeling very safe and wondering how selfcast could do better ^^
"
So a few things here. 1) Inevitable Judgement would be good if it still let us apply our debuffs to enemy resistances. A lot of the time with Fire Pen/Combustion/plenty of other sources we'll be well past 0% resistance for them which is a ton of damage.

Pious Path gives you a lot of cool things: if you're playing self-cast you'll always drop CG whenever you stop to cast, and then the life regen as ES regen and elemental ailment immunity will surely last until your next cast. This is much bigger than you think. My regen right now on CG is 700 (life) and 900 (ES) per second, which is separate from ES recharge.

Additionally if you have something like Zealotry where you're making CG on enemies, they'll have the CG effects stay on them for 4 seconds (100% increased crit chance + extra damage if you have that mod on a Watcher's Eye).

Thank you very much! Seems like I undersold PP quite a bit.

Did I understand it right that I can't decrease enemy resistances into the negatives with IJ and other sources of fire penetration combined, otherwise it would be a better choice?
"
Amnexty wrote:
Playing CoC version, low playtime (lvl88 and this is my starter and only char), enjoying it in yellowmaps on a 5L. Took Ghost Reaver to get more leech in ultimatums, the only "scary" thing so far, any opinions on this tweak ?

Also, for those who went back to selfcast, how are you doing in redmap ultimatums ? Any survivability issues ?
I love the mobility of Cyclone+Frostblink in this new league mechanic, feeling very safe and wondering how selfcast could do better ^^

i've got about 1.6k Es/sec recharge while stationary and self-casted cascade reap for 3m DPS. It's about the strongest defensive build i've ever made in many leagues and i still can instantly die in trials.

I'm not really sure what you could do to be able to stand still in the high tier trials. It's just SO much damage.

Survival trials in T4 maps are as hard as bosses in t14 maps sometimes.

"
cerealbawks wrote:

My journey (and I imagine it's gone similar for other players) was self-cast -> Cyclone -> self-cast. I ran high red tier maps with COC and it was...fine, but now I'm back at self-cast and cruising through most everything. I will say the Awakened Spell Cascade helped me a TON, but I'm also up to over 10k ES+life and max resists and surviving through most everything if you use Frost Shield and the Vaal auras right.

I'd love to see how you got 10k ES, i'm working on breaking 8k right now but not sure how much higher i can truly take it.
Last edited by mack1510 on May 1, 2021, 8:10:07 AM
"
mack1510 wrote:

i've got about 1.6k Es/sec recharge while stationary and self-casted cascade reap for 3m DPS. It's about the strongest defensive build i've ever made in many leagues and i still can instantly die in trials.

My DPS with Self cast is only around 1.1m, I might be calculating something wrong because I imported your build and I only calculate your DPS as 1.1m too, can you DM me your configuration for how your calculating it?

This is a forum so I wanna say I'm asking for help calculating, not trying to like, out you or anything.
"
mack1510 wrote:

I'd love to see how you got 10k ES, i'm working on breaking 8k right now but not sure how much higher i can truly take it.

Here's my current POB

https://pastebin.com/AEnanqnJ

I'm sitting at 9222 ES and 926 Life. I may try to juice it a little bit more by getting some slightly better rings but i'm hitting the max there too. I did end up forgoing Divine Wrath/Divine Fury and instead got two more jewels.

I also recently changed from anointing Prodigal Perfection to Utmost Might, which gave me 88 strength (yay crit) and ~300 additional ES.

Standing still is a bit interesting, I try to keep flasks (Cinderswallow is especially helpful) up at all times, fire off 1-2 casts, move with Shield Charge and Flame Dash to hit both Fortify and Arcane Surge, fire again, and prioritize moving into Frost Shields for more survivability. Has worked surprisingly well.

As for calculating reap damage i think that you can hit with multiple parts of Spell Cascade, so i'd imagine maybe it's 3*1.1m?
"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
mack1510 wrote:

Here's my current POB

I'm sitting at 9222 ES and 926 Life. I may try to juice it a little bit more by getting some slightly better rings but i'm hitting the max there too. I did end up forgoing Divine Wrath/Divine Fury and instead got two more jewels.

I also recently changed from anointing Prodigal Perfection to Utmost Might, which gave me 88 strength (yay crit) and ~300 additional ES. Strength is like, triple good on this character for Crit and ES from Shaper's Touch.

Standing still is a bit interesting, I try to keep flasks (Cinderswallow is especially helpful) up at all times, fire off 1-2 casts, move with Shield Charge and Flame Dash to hit both Fortify and Arcane Surge, fire again, and prioritize moving into Frost Shields for more survivability. Has worked surprisingly well, and feeds into Unleash even more.

As for calculating reap damage i think that you can hit with multiple parts of Spell Cascade, so i'd imagine maybe it's 3*1.1m?
"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
cerealbawks wrote:
"
mack1510 wrote:

Here's my current POB

I also recently changed from anointing Prodigal Perfection to Utmost Might, which gave me 88 strength (yay crit) and ~300 additional ES. Strength is like, triple good on this character for Crit and ES from Shaper's Touch.

Standing still is a bit interesting, I try to keep flasks (Cinderswallow is especially helpful) up at all times, fire off 1-2 casts, move with Shield Charge and Flame Dash to hit both Fortify and Arcane Surge, fire again, and prioritize moving into Frost Shields for more survivability. Has worked surprisingly well, and feeds into Unleash even more.

Ahhh, so my DPS seemed to be in the right-ish place, I've swapped some things over so now I'm using Spell Echo instead of added fire, and using shield charge/fortify/dash/surge and dropping enlighten instead of dash/second wind/surge/golem.

It feels like I'm doing less damage but surviving all the same as before, is there a recommended way to run?

My chars are public if you have any tips
"
Oliver_Hurley wrote:

Ahhh, so my DPS seemed to be in the right-ish place, I've swapped some things over so now I'm using Spell Echo instead of added fire, and using shield charge/fortify/dash/surge and dropping enlighten instead of dash/second wind/surge/golem.

It feels like I'm doing less damage but surviving all the same as before, is there a recommended way to run?

My chars are public if you have any tips

Three quick things right off the bat:

You want a MUCH lower level of Arcane Surge. Right now it takes 345 spent mana on Dash to trigger. I personally have it at level 6 to get it off a single cast of Flame Dash. Really depends if you want it to be a 1 or 2 cast thing IMO.

I don't see an anoint on your Astramentis. Would highly suggest getting something (POB can suggest by total DPS). Personally think Utmost Might is the best.

Also Arcane Vision seems unnecessary, although I guess if you want light radius?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info