[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

Do i need the shield to convert to ivory tower or i can do it sooner whit one of the new support gems ?
"
AidonBlack wrote:
Do i need the shield to convert to ivory tower or i can do it sooner whit one of the new support gems ?

I did it with arrogance support + herald of purity, when using ivory tower. I'm using a 2 hander still (ngamahu's flame).

The life lost to reservation (about 55%) basically converts 1:1 into energy shield. The upside is being a free herald, and pain attunement being always active, which resulted in an overall boost of about 50% dps for me.

So it works for now as an early switch.

I tried arrogance + petrified blood, and it was too dangerous for me (you'll have like 800 hp).. Arrogance support (aka blood magic) is kinda trash with auras haha, the multiplier is overtuned to the sky. Luckily the ivory tower balances it out the life reservation costs. You can't even do more than a single 25% herald or 35% aura aura with arrogance support.

Not sure why GGG just nerfs everything into the ground while introducing probably the hardest league yet. This is like betrayal launch level of asswhoopery. lol

I'm in high white maps and I still die to the occasional ultimatum which sucks. Can full clear maybe 75% of them or so it feels like. Map bosses are a joke compared to ultimatums for me atm.
Last edited by dizz on Apr 21, 2021, 7:55:07 PM
If you think this build is terrible, you're doing something wrong. (No, it's probably not the most meta build in the game, but no one promised you that. It's new! We're experimenting.)

The guide doesn't currently reflect the best versions of the build. If you want to see versions that work in red maps, here are three different options:

1) Aziire's actual current CoC version (currently level 87, no Ivory Tower or Prism Guardian): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AziiRe/characters
2) Wolfi9989's high-end CoC version (currently level 91, 6L Ivory Tower, Prism Guardian): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/wolfi9989/characters
3) My less expensive self-cast Reap version (level 87, not LL, no Ivory Tower or Prism Guardian): https://pastebin.com/WgZkZRZ1

These all have Vulconus, but I got to white maps with no problem using Ngamahu's. They also all use Fortify, so get that if you're dying too much. Get a 6L body armor if you're not using Ivory Tower; they're cheap. Do all your labs ASAP - I did Uber at level 77 or something with weak gear.

Maybe most importantly though, even if you decide you're not into this build it's ridiculous to be mad at Aziire for putting it together. That was a nice thing for him to do and it's not his fault if it turns out you want to play something else.
I also want to add to this post above that Ultimatums are really hard. They are probably one of the hardest league mechanics in a while and this isn't an OP meta skill. I would say it's not a starter but it is a great build nonetheless and I am having a great time running it.
"
youngtomlin wrote:
I also want to add to this post above that Ultimatums are really hard. They are probably one of the hardest league mechanics in a while and this isn't an OP meta skill. I would say it's not a starter but it is a great build nonetheless and I am having a great time running it.

Yeah, I bet pretty much every new build is getting the same complaints because people don't realize ultimatum is much more difficult than most (I would say all) previous league mechanics.
"
In Ultimatum we will be dismantling and cleaving

This guy watches Jujutsu Kaisen doesnt he? You son of a bitch, I'm in!
All, late night theory crafting since I was finishing up and messing around in POB. I'll probably be switching to Ivory/Prism soon/tomorrow and will have maxed out all reses so hopefully that'll be a good feeling.

That said, I'm trying to figure out the breakpoint for when we can switch away from Increased Critical Strikes as a support (assuming the CoC build of course) and onto something different. From what I can tell we may (adding in Bottled Faith way later) hit a point where it isn't doing much if anything, and we could probably switch to Awakened Added Fire or Fire Pen at that point.

Just a thought and putting it out in case someone gets to that point. Worth taking a look to see if it's getting diminishing returns (i think 95%+ on crit will be good enough)
First I want to say, that I am lacking a lot of the desired end-game items for this build. Apart from the Nga's Flame axe and a Doryani's Invitation belt, my equipment is quite unremarkable. I do have a tabula for 6L, though.

I am still having a lot of trouble getting anywhere with this build. I recently switched to the CoC Cyclone playstyle and am currently running white maps around lvl 71. Pack clearing is no problem and Ultimatum encounter survivability is a lot higher. But I really run into problems with single targets. As soon as only a few targets are in range to proc crits on, the dps tanks. Syndicate encounters are especially bad.

I am sure there is a still a lot of room to grow, but progress has been so slow that farming the currency for this growth seems daunting.

I actually really like your build, thanks!

I'm yet to go low life, because i can't make money fast enough for all the items ... but i'm only 1 ex away from prism guard! :)

My question:
Can somebody check my build out and tell me what i'm doing wrong? I'm currently stuck at tier 10 yellow maps, can't go to red because my damage is not high enough ... any ideas? (maybe 6 link prio?)
As a weirdly interesting counter note to the people in here saying they're having trouble on this build.

I'm running this build, don't have Vulc/Ivory/Prism yet and i'm clearing t8/t9 maps fine. I expect my damage and survivability will skyrocket when i secure those items.

I run Reap+Concentrated Effect+Added Fire Damage+ Unleash +FasterCasting+SpellCascade

This is my first mapping capable league character in the last 6 leagues.
Last edited by mack1510 on Apr 22, 2021, 6:09:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info