Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I do not like this solution.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

How ironic would it be if this ended up as a quote from an NPC in Diablo 4, twisted a little bit so as to not be identical?
This is the only league I had any success in crafting with the limited time and currency I had thanks to harvest. Even made a 20ex item, I have never been richer. I'm really sad that you nerf it so hard, I will be very poor once more.
I want to voice my feedback in a tempered and constructive way - i won't address the specifics of the changes much because thats not the issue i have really.

"
We feel that the current state of Harvest Crafting runs against both of these important philosophies. We know that many players would love us to keep deterministic crafting in the game because it enables them to complete their items far more quickly than they otherwise would. But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve. It was an interesting experiment, and we understand that some players will likely be attached to this level of incredibly easy crafting, but it's just not the Path of Exile we set out to make.

When I just saved up 100ex, an HH, and some nice gear (not that much, right? Just kidding, I know this already puts me in the top .1% of poe players) I had to make Winter Orb occultist, i had to buy and make a lot of gear. I used some harvest crafts to tidy up a couple items and I have a clear path forward (which, I can pretty reasonably pump a couple mirrors into this build before I'm done). Take away this clear option, and so far as I know i can make some barely functional mediocre gear for a few exalts then an individual gear piece's price tag jumps up to hundreds of ex+ to make anything really nice.

Per gear slot, per character.

I'm not a mirror printer so that's so daunting I may as well quit. whereas if I can, and have a clear understanding of how to, incrementally upgrade my gear beyond making something then throwing it out to get something better, I'm happy to do that then make one of the other dozen builds that sounds fun to me. I recognize this works the opposite for even more invested players, but it would help to at least have much better first party resources to understand how i can incrementally upgrade.
i am really fucking accepted this out of nonsense trading manifesto in 2021 but this one killing me hard....
I don't like is. This isn't going to make me want to use the garbage rng crafting system. I would rather play a different game.
R.I.P. Harvest crafting. You were amazing for one league
"
"
Abax11 wrote:
also, a nerf to harvest was very obvious. can't understand why it still surprise much people. ggg never let live too much a abused mechanic. maybe is time for less crying and more time to learn the game?

people aren't crying about the nerfs generally. it's about how GGG approaches nerfs. They're making those players who put most of their day into it even stronger by making the craft much rarer, instead of removing it completely.

must agree with that, but is ggg. after you play 1 or 2 leagues you learn that is their way to handle balances :P.

anyway harvest isn't destroyed like many say, only is balanced around other craftings methods, make some tags more common or reroll keeping prefix/suffix are very good options still.

i won't complain if they rebalance some affix a bit to make it easier for beginners, for example elemental resistances have more weight to spam medium tiers and less weight to spam the lowers to help survive and progreesing but left the t1 tiers or t2 same as now. less crappy mods to help beginners but still very hard to get mirrors items seems a better aproach
Just make it so the crafts are not tradeable [Removed by Support], problem goes away. The no lifers will take slightly longer to make their godly gear, as they can't buy crafts, but they will still get there.

And the average or ssf player gets to slowly work on their gear at their own pace.

It really isn't hard [Removed by Support].
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 7:04:55 PM
Honestly if any of you were as into harvest crafting as you claim you'd know how strong they're actually leaving it while making it (albeit 60% of rarely isn't exciting) more common.

You'd mark some of the blatant power creeps off the list. Let's see, can't add power charge on crit to any given crusader chest deterministically in a single try. Because that was good for the economy, was in line, etc. 6 link 6 white astral plates should definitely only cost 20-30ex with an explode mod + frenzy on hit + power charge on crit, +++. Guys seriously..

Meanwhile, one of my favorite things to do is spam those free rolls on an item with.. idk say a fractured +1 lightning gems mod on a t1 sceptr base until it hits +1 all combo. Super unreasonable that I might lose a prefix I can't remove deterministically right? What's really funny, those scepters once done sell for a lot more than that 6link 6white 3-4 mod influenced astral + t1 life and whatever else.

"just remove harvest whata joke no use now"

fcking please.
Please reconsider this decision. Its interesting that you acknowledge that discord was used to trade the rare crafts... And u do nothing about it?? Unsafe trading of rare crafts, 10 horti slots still exists?

GGG, please read through the 70+ (or 100+) pages of replies, since you guys are clearly disconnected from the game and its community.
Last edited by DiscoMonkeyy on Mar 10, 2021, 7:05:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info