Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Either keep it as is or delete it entirely and fold any of the mechanics you want to keep into the other crafting materials/leagues. This is a really disappointing middle ground.
"
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

I can feel the pride and accomplishment
rip path of exile. i am not going back to this full gamble shit that you call "crafting". you should never have released harvest. you showed us how great poe can be and now you take it all away. anyone going back to the stupid rng after seeing how fair it could work must be insane. i am definitely not going back to 50 awa crafts till i get something okish. you lost me right here tbh and that is fucking sad.
I came to play Ritual league mainly because i heard harvest was back. I really thought PoE was trying to ease the life of casual players (like me). The thing is that PoE is a complex game and people either needs to studying the game religiously or have to play thousand hours per league to grind stuff. Should be needless to say, but you can't require that commitment from all players. Some of us just want to be able to kill things at a reasonably pace while have to attend to life obligations.

The people who really makes harvest "broken" are those who understands the game at the point that they will break the game anyway. With that in mind, Harvest shortens the linear gap between them and casual players making them much more comitted to the game, because they are capable of perceive when and where they can improve their stuff.

Its seems that you have harvest as a burden you had to bring to core by pure community pressure or "political maneuver" after Heist, and while you have to cope with it, will atleast try to cap the possible. This is a game among others afterall, i just think the more you push the game towards the traditional craft, more probabilities of casual players quiting out of frustation.
I absolutely agree. Very good statement:
"
noryon wrote:
The people who really makes harvest "broken" are those who understands the game at the point that they will break the game anyway. With that in mind, Harvest shortens the linear gap between them and casual players making them much more comitted to the game, because they are capable of perceive when and where they can improve their stuff

----------------------------------------------------------

I dont agree at all:
"
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

The most players I know dont do it because it is for many players in almost any cases a loss. That is why I rather sell my ex for chaos in order to buy an item or safe up exalted orbs to buy an item.

Reducing Harvest means more meaningless item trades in order to cap your resistence or ...

This philosophy punishes everyone to make few people shine less easily.

Like Harvest is atm i feel like I might craft something too when i get lucky with harvest.

----------------------------------------------------------
Yes you are overwhelmed with the amout of crafts offered and it takes time to think about it. But i like it.

Improvement idea 1:
If you want to improve this i would do it like this:
You have the harvest area like it is now. But after you decided which plant to fight and defeated the plant you are granted two options. You can either store or use this plant. When you decide to use the plant you will see which crafts it offers and if you not use them they will be lost after the maps is closed. When you decide to store the plant you wont know what exact crafts it contains.
Directly in the map or after you did some or many harvest encouters. You can go to the horticrafting station in map or in hideout. At horticrafting station you can decide wether to use crafts which are stored as usual or you can open a stored plant. You will always open the plant which was stored first. Now you can use crafts of the plant or store them in horticrafting station. If you want to see crafts of next plant which is a stored plant. You need to discard all remaining not used crafts of the actual plant.
This way players wont feel so pressured when encoutering harvest. But even though you still keep a limitation and randomness. Because you dont know what crafts are inside the stored plants.
Even if you do all nerfs as planed I would like to have this change as described above.

Improvement idea 2:
I think harvest is empowering but overwhelming because you cant delay it. The Idea above would be a solution. Another solution could be to make harvest spawns like master missions. Rather than having a harvest in a map. You get for a map which would spawn a harvest a harvest point which you can activate in map device in order to get harvest in next map.
Last edited by CreativeExplorer on Mar 10, 2021, 7:21:25 PM
I don't care much for Harvest myself, but I'm still baffled about the fact that there is no way to buy/sell the crafts without joining some Discord server and having yet another 3rd party thing to keep track of while playing.

Why can't we just have orbs to sell those crafts like we can sell the beasts? It is absolutely insane that players have to trust their items to a stranger and keep their fingers crossed. And I've heard the whole "Harvest crafts aren't intended to be traded" - well the players seem to disagree with that statement.
I understand removing annuls, they are indeed strong.
please do add essences that work like exalts on items that don't have the mod.
imo bench crafting is too interesting to waste on just adding life or res on items.
maybe just allow a "basic craft" with the bench for like stat/life/res which could be added in addition to the regular crafted mod.
though that would be boring so maybe make it an infused craft or something, or maybe make bosses drop splinters (or better, fill a progress bar) for them, and have the craft not be able to give the highest tiers.

I do really hope that the harvest changes are due to having good crafting coming from somewhere else, because while I do dislike that I have to risk getting scammed with unsecure trades but I really like being able to make my own items from scratch.
Harvest is the only thing that is keeping me still playing this late into the league. These changes are pretty bad.

My solution would be to:
1. Keep all the crafts as is but make the grove appear way less.
2. Make the crafts tradeable in game to solve the discord bullshit.

To be honest I don't feel like spamming currency mindlessly on items to craft gear. It feel so bad to lose all your currency and get nothing. Like the game is punishing you for playing. With harvest there's none of that.

I'm probably going to skip the next league, because I simply cannot stomach the RNG crafting anymore.
I swear the only reason i played this league was Harvest crafting. Even though i had some shitty ass gear, i knew if i run another 40 maps eventually i will be progressing towards my goal. These crafts were already absurdly hard to find, let alone buy. I very badly disagree with this decision. Just make the Harvest crafts UNTRADEABLE! You have a pretty nice item? Good for you, now get the craft yourself if you want to improve it! This douche move really kills the only reason i had motivation to play a few hours every now and then after the initial 2 weeks of a league have passed. Thanks!
Finally, GGG jumped the shark.
This is one of the most retarded ideas of 'balancing' I have ever heard of. And I play WoW for 15 years and read my fair share of Blue stupid, including the legendary Tseric...

Instead of addressing the REAL issue with harvest crafting they just fucking dumpster it for 99,9% playerbase. You think people are gonna slam exalts now??

But hey, I guess addressing the fact that the TRADING part is actually the problem would actually take a couple of weeks from devs, it's far easier to just nerf the numbers, and limit or remove crafts altogether. Also betting there will be some bug where it will still work on certain influence items and people will make a bank on it before it gets fixed...

Guess I'm skipping next league, first since Fall of Oriath/Harbinger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info