Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

there is 2 thing i found funny from the implementation of harvest in 3.13.
1) making the rare craft more rare than what they were in harvest league to make it harder to make Op items. How has that every stopped the player base from crafting Op items it just make the crafts more expensive.

2)the 10 craft limit to make crafting harder. how is that going to make crafting harder? even in harvest were people could store as many craft as they want they already used discord to craft i find it hard to believe that no-one at GGG would think because of that limitation the crafters would use discord even more now.
How this make any sense! I play 8 hours a day and harvest has helped me progress content and get good gear! Most i've ever played in a league and now in the nextx league i'm going to be weaker by default cause of a nerf to a great mechanic? so I have to play 16 hrs to get the same level wth?

If anything just remove the trading of hravest took me 2 weeks of speed farming harvest to make several items I don't like buying harvest craft I love harvest to craft my own powerful gear! Now your taking it away? Come on guys please rethink this don't make sense. I'm in Atoll right now been farming already 6 hours today lol come man!
Last edited by momonami5 on Mar 10, 2021, 7:00:12 PM
Nice
This looks like the amount of ToneDefness EA would write to there userbase not yall. But you keep proving us all wrong LMAO
this is such BS, its crippling player power by making things INFINITELY harder to craft for the sake of what? not implementing a way to trade crafts?

Just make the crafts a tradable orb, problem solved, TFT closed for crafting, no one gets scammed, everyones happy.
So, first real forum post.

I learned the crafting mechanics in Harvest league ... Harvest was useful but not the only way to craft the item. Using Awakener orbs, lots of alterations, and looking up what can be done with what item bases. I loved the Harvest league.

I skipped Heist, was just bleh. I came back for ritual. I stayed in ritual, I like the fact that harvest is back. Still not broken in my belief.

This is a knee-jerk reaction that just kills the crafting in PoE for all but the most experienced and most currency farmed players. Removing the Remove / Add Crafts is TOO HARSH. Removing the influence add remove sounds about right. Removing the divine orbs is just meh ... normally this really doesn't matter .. it was nice to be able to target one specific mod.

Having harvest crafts tradeable like sealable prophecies would solve the discord issue for harvest. You still need to find people that can bench craft certain modifications that you haven't gotten yet .. mostly Jun reveals.

The game has changed .. and even with the Targeted Remove / Add there was still a good bit of RNG.

In the end harvest will not be as useful to the normal player.

Other things you could do instead ... require harvest crafts to take that type of currency to perform. All Adds take an exalted orb. All remove / Adds take an orb of annulment + exalted orb.

This again is just turning harvest into a bleh. You'll still be able to craft powerful items ... its just going to be one type of mod item instead of distributing the mods around correctly. In the end this is just a bad set of ideas that really need to be revisited before 3.14. Up the rarity ? again this is just hurting the SSF and casual players. Forcing people into Softcore and to a discord where crowdsourced mods are common.

Sealing the Harvest craft for sale is a better result, and would fix a good bit of harvests issues.

Please reconsider this. Do not remove the normal Remove / Add mod. Influenced items need to remain harvest craftable; however the crafts targeting Influenced mods should go. Let it be a random craft like usual.

GGG please listen to the player base in your forums and not the player on reddit.

Thank you for your time.
im pretty sure that I'll not be playing this [Removed by Support] again till harvest backs...

and tbh harvest made this league one of the best if not the best since the old poe times.

dont even understand why remove it ? even with harvest ive burned alot of alts and shit to prepare a proper base for crafting, not only alts but also other orbs like chaos, anul, whatever that was needed lol
in my opnion ggg is doing the worse move in their life, will lose alot of players and also i doubt there will be another funny league like this one just cuz we had the back of HARVEST!

I just wish that somehow they change their mind and just let the harvest like what it is right now, its ballanced and pretty good for everyone specially to casual players and also it made SSF pretty enjoyable.

and please if the harvest will be kept as it is now, LET US SAVE MORE CRAFTS! 10 slots is too low..
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 7:00:49 PM
I would think people are leaving because the game don't give the players enought options too manipulate their items, so we end up having more rng based crafting upon rng based crafting, and this is mostly why people don't craft.
Talking only about the current power state of crafts and why It seems fine to me:
I have 6.1k hours clocked in steam alone. Started playing around Tempest, skipped Talisman, Prophecy and Essence League. I can probably guess I play more time/day than the avarage player since I do not have a job. I play only 1 character/league and try to max the build as much as I think is possible while going for 36-40 challenges which in leagues pre harvest took me at best 2-3weeks playing from day 1.

Now that how I play is established let me show the difference after Harvest: In Harvest I've played around 1.5-2 months and Ritual league I'm still playing. Farming money in order to buy the crafts and TRY to make BIS items for every single socket in my character(remember I only play 1 build). That's some insane boost in player retention if you ask me.
So basically you doubled my time played in Harvest league and then you doubled it again this league because the crafts are more rare>more expensive>more farming to try and craft the items I want.

Now if you would compare to the avarege player, that probably play less hours than me, I really can't see how any of them would be able to achieve full "mirror tier items" easily as you are describing. I THINK you're basing your balancing in the top 0.0000% players that can farm many mirrors and buy crafts in bulk. Let them. They do not affect the avarage player.

So yeah, Harvest is powerfull but I think it's in a reasonable state as is and maybe just increase even more the rarity of crafts would be enough. BTW: Closing your eyes and using Maven's orb is still A "feeling" in the game, paying 8ex/try very exciting much wow.

Sure trading in discords can be a problem for most people and there are other problems involved and that's just a whole other deal. I think the way you're going is just bad for retention in MY experience. The crafting acessibility will be a joke, remove aug speed already go for ~8-10ex only god knows what the influence one will be. Admitably the power level of item's will be MUCH lower without being able to play with good 2-3 influence modifiers in every socket, which I understand can be game breaking but are really fun and some even build enabling.

I'm still going to play POE either way, that's how good the game is. Just wanted to share my experience. Don't even know if you even read this chaos comment sections anyway.
...........why you killing the fun of crafting, time to move back to diablo 2 RE or other games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info