Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Can I get my supporter pack money back?

This is the opposite direction I want the game to go, and I only bought that supporter pack because you showed such promise with putting harvest in the game.

You completely ignore full delirium fractured map sextant abuse but nerf harvest.

You want people to use pure exalts on items? Maybe change the mod weights so it's not 1/1000 to get something good. People don't use exalts on items for a reason. It's basic economics. How can you not understand that ggg?
This may be the last Path Of Exile league that I play. I'm not angry, or even upset about this particular change, but the entire gist of this manifesto amounts to "our intent is that only those who are lucky, rich, or have unlimited time to farm currency should feel powerful in this game".

That feels a little strange, since PoE is effectively a single player experience where your success (or lack thereof) has no direct effect on anyone else.

If that IS the intention, then... fine? It may be the game that you want to make, but it isn't the game that I want to play.

Perhaps I'm alone in that sentiment. I want to play a game that rewards my time and allows me to feel successful.

On the plus side, that Diablo 2 remaster looks fun. Or Outriders.

On February 16th, I quietly celebrated my own 8th anniversary of Path of Exile.
I am far from typical player, even compared to the averages.

Yet, with 94 messages on this very forum total, and not posting for nearly five years, this made me sit with the keyboard and actually think.

There is much can be said here. How positive were Essences for the game on their introduction. How people were joyous at Forsaken Masters and actual crafting finally introduced to the game. How people were ecstatic at finally being able to decide what for to roll their items with Fossils.

How utterly CANCEROUS Sphere Crafting is - for the vast majority of the player base.

Instead, I will be brief:

This here? This is, essentially, Grinding Gear Game very own "Diablo Immortal" moment.

Or, as it is also known, "Did you guys not have phones?".

Hard to find better example of disconnect, really.

So... You, as developers, or know what are you doing, or think you know it.

While, for me, this is not even scratching the Abyss needed to me to drop the game completely... Most of the dedicated players are nowhere near this kind of tolerance.
Last edited by Stripes on Mar 10, 2021, 7:06:08 PM
I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in a change for this game as this, this was way worse than harvest not going core at all.
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

I will never exalt an item lol are you crazy?
Need more brains, exile?
There will come a time when playing this game will be limited in every way.
1- level 100 is very easy, we will double the experience above 95.
2- Influenced by the Shaper / Elder, we will reduce your mods of influence.
3- Let's reduce multimods.
4- Let's end Harvest.

Future plans for a healthier path of exile below.

5- People are playing our game too much, let's put a time limit!
6- End of the market, now there is only solo self found!
"
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Yes we do. We very, very, very much do.

Not that I've ever done that, since exalt spamming is a waste of currency.
"
We know that many players would love us to keep deterministic crafting in the game because it enables them to complete their items far more quickly than they otherwise would. But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve.

If the end-game reward system has diminishing returns, so does the motivation to play.

I don't think anyone wants to spend end-game grinding for a slightly better item. This isn't an MMO. Most people will move on to try something new (like a new class or build), which keeps you busy until the next league starts.

A stronger end-game will keep people interested longer in the league. Really easy to burn out when you're stuck grinding high-end content.
Last edited by Robear9992 on Mar 10, 2021, 7:06:45 PM
If you are gonna nerf Harvest to the ground and below why don't you just remove it from the game alltogether?

I mean it's not even going to be worth it running harvest anymore with those nerfs. Just take it away and be done with it.

The game is already filled with useless league mechanics that somehow ended up being part of the core game, you just took one of the few valuable ones and turned it to shit like most of them. I just don't see your angle.
Last edited by Merdento on Mar 10, 2021, 7:11:20 PM
Why do we the players have to suffer from grinders fatigue? I have played since beta and know the ups and downs of all the leagues. I know that is the heart of the company, grinding gear games.

The constant crap stats that are thrown on to higher-level items is what bricks the item. Stop putting T12 stats on iLvl 86+ items.

Harbinger broke crafting with Annul orbs
Betrayal with fracture and synthesized items.
Delve and fossils and 4 socket resonators.
Blight with anoints on more than one item.
Bestiary with bestiary orbs.

On and on it goes, ANYTHING that makes QOL easier you nerf into the ground to punish anyone who dissents. You are acting like an authoritarian government and fail to address the key problems of the FACT that you can trade at all.

Eliminate trading then you will not have to worry about itemization. Have harvest corrupt items after two or three changes, much like the Sirus brick gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info