Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

And here was I, thinking about going a SSF on next league to learn how crafting works. I've played this game since beta and it is NOT fun to completely ruin your kind-of-good item wasting an exalted orb.

I was really happy about going SSF next league. Now I'm not even hyped to play next league because I know, as a casual player who only plays like 2~3 hours per day, I will never be able to do "endgame" content as I can do today. Hells, I won't even be able to do t16 maps as I can today.

I doubt you guys will listen to casual players but, PLEASE, rethink about this changes! Harvest was the ONLY way I could upgrade and craft my own build in a compensating way of the time I spent playing. Honestly I would never be able to craft good items without harvest. GOOD items, not god-like items because I'm not a streamer.

I can't spend 80 hours per week only to waste my orbs into a ruined item, considering my bad RNG.
clicking 3000 alterations on a t1 base always brings me joy
It is very sad to see how the devs are completely off the mark of what the community wants.

The Game Needs Smart Crafting wether you like it or not.

The issue with Harvest was its cost (Zero).
Compared to other methods like fossils where it always cost several chaos (up to dozens or more) a click.

The community came up with many ways to deal with this.

Yet you have chosen your own, bad, idea.
You think rng is fun, it's not.
You think player will leave because they have perfect gear, they're not, they stay because they know they can rach their goal with time.

This league had the best retention of all times i believe, no wonder, harvest made people stay.

The game is going in an impasse because of the lead decision, this is really disturbing.
Awful decision based on out of touch super outdated information.
Anyone should be able to have fun crafting not just the top 1%.
People have lives and jobs to do. We simply cannot play a video game non-stop for a whole day no matter how good it is.

No one misses or wants to go back to the days of pure RNG crafting.
That was never enjoyable, will never be enjoyable, and is something that isn't in tune with western audiences/markets.

Please take steps forward not backward.

Thanks but no thanks.
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
Leagues last ~3 months if I'm not mistaken, yet the problem you see is a 3-month godhood (not even, excluding the grind and acquiring gear) that players may now achieve much more quickly, INSTEAD OF A THIRD-PARTY DISCORD SERVER without any reliable guarantees (you'd need a shit ton of vouches to even be considered). Scams have become even more prevalent and trading has gotten even worse.

Instead of implementing more intuitive ways to handle the trading issue AFTER OUTRIGHT MENTIONING IT, you proceed to... DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.

If you intended harvest to be tradeable to some extent, why not make them tradeable items instead of having to go to discord and hope to god u dont get scammed after 8 hours of looking for a seller? Otherwise, why not just make these account bound?

Either way, you have introduced a mechanic that may not have served its original purpose in its maturity, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. In fact, having such an effect on more deterministic crafting I think is a good thing moving forward. It may have screwed over your philosophy of rng-ing your way to godhood by crafting, but the game already has waaaaaaaay too many layers of RNG (e.g. getting items to drop, spawn rates of harvest, actual spawn rates of the harvest crafts you need, finding a genuine seller/buyer in TFT, not getting scammed, and repeating all of these.) that I honestly don't think it would hurt the game just to break away from this philosophy a little. There's nothing wrong with breaking that sometimes when it's obviously for the better.
if you dont trade for crafts getting something like aug life is still woohoo! what am I going to use it on because they are already so rare.
I have done hundreds of harvests this league, havent even seen add or remove speed, influence or chaos, or plenty of others.
to me the current implementation is not too bad it is the trading for crafts that is breaking the system
Guys don't forget to go to REDIIT and express your voting approval..... or displeasure with the trade manifesto.

Everyone knows that apart from the mods here deleting post after post after post, no one from ggg actually reads anything here. The 1% are on reddit and that's ggg preferred community communication platform. So if you want your voice heard, head over there.
noooooo fuuuun allowwwwwwwwwed.
soo... how does it feel to kill your own game?

no more mtx for me, thanks, goodbye
Poor solution, sadly.

I actually spent my currency crafting this league instead of trading it for items..

Harvest will from 3.14 be a niche mechanic that ppl wont be excited to encounter or entirely skip.

With those nerfs, it is not worth the time you spend in the grove.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info