Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

RIP 3.14
very well written guide on how to destroy a game
"
ArcanicFlame wrote:
"
"Why would I use a regular Exalted/Divine/Annul Orb when I can get one through Harvest that has a deterministic result?"

We warned you so mamy times about how bad was the idea to create competition to the game currency, and the way to fix this mess with the PoE economy was that Harvest interactions should ask for currency (i.e. Removing XXX mod should require the seed + 3 annuls).

It's been pretty obvious, even before Harvest league release.

You're ruining it.

THIS EXACTLY EVERYBODY GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN FOR THIS SO THEY'LL FUCKING LISTEN AY? COME ON WHOS WITH ME?! READY GO

So... the rich will still craft.... cuz they play for 15h a day... I disagree... this solves nothing, and ppl like me who plays a tops 4h a day will suffer...
Don't nerf my harvest and make it easier to trade the crafts just like you did with bestiary...
i agree, harvest in current form its an pay to win

but i think the problem its then the crafts are tradable
an alternative solution can be to bind the items to the crafter account

the current solution its very bad versus casual players while for the players with lot of currency dosent change so much, they still can obtain pretty perfect items just with more currency
Last edited by Antisommossa on Mar 10, 2021, 7:01:10 PM
Hey GGG, I'm not complaining, harvest really needed a nerf, but what if the items crafted using harvest became untradeable? I think this would solve some of those issues, including rare craft pooling, and then those SSF harvesters would be free from nerfs aimed to group harvesting.
harvest was so fun... not anymore
"
Abax11 wrote:
also, a nerf to harvest was very obvious. can't understand why it still surprise much people. ggg never let live too much a abused mechanic. maybe is time for less crying and more time to learn the game?

people aren't crying about the nerfs generally. it's about how GGG approaches nerfs. They're making those players who put most of their day into it even stronger by making the craft much rarer, instead of removing it completely.
~
There seems to be an odd disconnect - leave it as it is but make the crafting for self only. No trading, no buying.

This change only affects the casual player and does nothing whatsoever to the 1%. The 1% will still have BiS gear - still have mirrors to use them on.

The difference is the casual will simply be in half uniques again and will NEVER get a chance at meaningful crafting, ever.
"
Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it.

I've never felt any excitement in dropping the 100th chaos or the 2000th alteration on an item. It was boring frustrating and physically tiring to do...

"
Our goal was to make a system that was so attractive that players would try to improve their items by throwing a few crafts at them in almost every area that they play.

And it was fun, i could have an item and step-by-step improve it time to time, feeling that my gear is gettin' better and better.

"
Players also expressed frustration that the most effective way to get the best items in Path of Exile was to join a discord channel and try to trade for these incredibly crucial crafts.

Let me translate this: "Players expressed frustration because our trading system is a toxic grabage fire, so we removed the things they were trading for." GENIUS! But i totally understand, we need the valuable player interactions because that's what makes the game exciting: [Click -> Enter -> Ctrl+V -> Enter -> Accept trade --> Write "TY"], oh god, the social aspect of this game is great!

Not so long ago the statistics from the Uncharted realms was posted. In softcore trade the sum of the allocated percentages were around 120%, so most people did not even reach to allocate 2 notable on the uncharted tree. I don't see how players having access to ridicciolusly overpowered crafting is a problem, when at the same time the same players do not get to see the endgame on the league at all. Yes, the top 0.1% will make perfect items, they ill have a shitton of currency, but are you trying to make a game for 0.1% of your playerbase?

The only reason i continued to play the game after killing the Maven, was to create a perfect tailwin elusive boots, because i simply wanted to do it, and i saw an opportunity how to do it. If the Harvest is going to get butchered as mentioned here, the next league probably will be only beating the new league mechanic (if there is anything to beat in it) and going back to any other game.

Well, it turned out to be a long rant, and GGG does not consider these opinions anyway, so that's it.

Keep safe everyone!
shit idea to nerf it...

better transfer the whole crafts in an

1 unlimited horticraft to access all crafts stackable from town
2 so you can craft your own gear
3 AND NOT NEED TO TRADE THAT SHIT BECAUSE
4YOU HAVE NOT ENOUGH SPACE IN YOUR DAMN HORTICRAFTING STATION
5 and then you not need to choose to join discord
because you are then not in struggle to waste any good crafts because of this shit limitation.

wth

not playing 3.14

cya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info