⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

I may play this build in 3.16, as i played a similar build in 3.15, and love the tankyness. My only issue with arakali's fang builds is having to summon the spiders in boss fights. It's a clunky mecanic. does this build use HoA mostly for damage on boss fights, and the spiders are just extra damage? can i kill most A8 level bosses without the arakali spiders?
"
Sparhawk367 wrote:
I may play this build in 3.16, as i played a similar build in 3.15, and love the tankyness. My only issue with arakali's fang builds is having to summon the spiders in boss fights. It's a clunky mecanic. does this build use HoA mostly for damage on boss fights, and the spiders are just extra damage? can i kill most A8 level bosses without the arakali spiders?

Hey Sparhawk367,

yes , you can switch Arakaali's fang to a cold iron point dagger at leaguestart and link summon phantasms into the HoA supports to get the full ascendancy buffs. You also get one more flask instead writhing jar, the damage is more than enough for t15-t16. When you have more fossils or currency a triggering wand with increased gemlevels is probably best instead Arakaali's fang.

On page 50 you find all alternative in the section weapons & leaguestart & all gear in a long list "Links & Lists for poetrade":

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

Compared to HoP here the spiders are much more easy to summon with:

2x stormbrand, 2x desecrate, 1x writhing jar

or:

2x desecrate, 1x writhing jar, 1x frostblink

instead cyclone (or try out icenova, all tipps are in the spoiler "blizzard").
The HoA don't snipe the worms as fast as the 4-5 HoP's, but you still have to click fast. The spiders raises the HoA 40% chaosdamage with their 15 withers in synergy great. But in some boss fights like maven or the feared you have to know the 2 seconds to summon them, see also page 50 spoiler "More Tipps for Boss-hunting, Shaper / UE, Ueber-Atziri, The Feared, Maven".

So, you can easy go without spiders also in t16 maps, phantasms have great clearing and damageuptimes too, but to optimize with spiders offer a bit more total damage.

Take the skills you prefer!
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 14, 2021, 11:05:47 AM
"
Valsacar wrote:
I know it would be a pretty big process, but have you thought about starting a new thread for 3.16 and reorganizing it a bit? Might make it easier for newcomers to pick up the build.

I'm definitely planning on trying next league with this from the start.

Hi Valsacar,

yes, I often thought about moving to a new thread to get all stuff like the long list of trading-links or the spoilers about map-mods or basic crafting-guides, tipps for bossing, or more special thematic spoilers from page 50 to the frontpage.

But because there are so many nice discussions of hundreds of arachnophobiatics in interesting 197 pages, I decided until now to keep this index as it is, with more additions on page 50.

But I would welcome when there are more tipps of better organisation or when too many users dislike the solution with added page 50 of the thread I would probably switch to a new thread.

I am also thinking about moving the spoiler "tipps for levelling and leaguestart" to the top of the build above "gear, skills, links" - but then I think it's nice too to know from the start at first which skills and core-items the build uses in poe-endgame to get an solid overview.
Also we are still working on much improved levelling section and better pob's for the guardian and on better crafting-guides - but it will take some weeks more.

For 3.16 there will be the need of reorganizing some details of spoilers like the keynotes of the bodyarmour, small changes in manamanegement and in the watcher's eye mods, but I guess most gear, the offensives and the concept of maxing up layers of defences will remain the same as now.

When you have tipps and hits for better organisation, I am always very, very interested, that would be great! Thank you a lot!

Edited with GGG-stream:

The passives-masteries looks great and fine complex - there will be new spoilers probably too as well as for uniques scourging... :-)
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 14, 2021, 4:28:58 PM
The Skin of the Lords Unique Body Armour now grants “+2 to level of Socketed Gems” (previously +1)

Isnt this a big dmg buff?
"
AnubixcZ wrote:
The Skin of the Lords Unique Body Armour now grants “+2 to level of Socketed Gems” (previously +1)

This is such a good change, I always thought it was weird that Skin of the Loyal with a corruption +1 was almost always better than Skin of the Lords.
"
AnubixcZ wrote:

Yes, and with it empower is increased too +1, it's extreme powerful. Awakened minion damage adds at level 5 one level to minion gems +1, also awakened fire damage lvl 5 increases one level of physical gems +1.

Overall 3.16 +3 or +4 more added HoA levels and some smaller buffs like awakened fork, we get almost one new added empower-support more on top. It's like one supportlink more added. HoA has a tipping point at level 31, which adds per virulence 1% more ats (4% ---> 5%), impressing 60% more attackspeed total. We can reach level 30 - 31 much more easy and get probably 1 - 2 M more damage.

Thats a perfect build-buff. Cheers!

Arachnophilia!
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 14, 2021, 8:24:04 PM
Any ideas about adapting this build into a melee build with the new lightning blade skill gem that transforms ES into damage?
"
Any ideas about adapting this build into a melee build with the new lightning blade skill gem that transforms ES into damage?

I think it's possible to try, yes.
"Tempest Shield has been reworked to become a 25% Reservation Effect that provides a large amount of Spell Block as well as an Immunity to Shock. It no longer has “+3% Chance to Block Attack Damage while holding a Shield”. It now has “+18% Chance to Block Spell Damage while holding a Shield” at gem level 1, up to +25% at gem level 20 (previously +3% at all gem levels). It still has the property of shooting out Lightning on Block"

- the new tempest shield is adding new variants to the jewels and passives and generating some virulences.

With bastion of hope, or the interesting 1+3 anoints of new unique amulet stranglegasp and perhaps the new block passives we can also almost path without the keystone glancing blows for 100% block damagereductions if we prefer. Is guardian the new gladiator?
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 14, 2021, 6:38:55 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"

I think it's possible to try, yes.

My brain is too small for theory crafting this, but I hope someone comes up with a good idea when patch notes are out.

But I will definitely try Mana Guardian! The only thing that puts me off is the summoning of the spiders.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info