Path of Building for Mac! 3.24-ready

The previous PoB of last league is also the dev version and still works.

Checking the network traffic I can see there is a problem with the tls handshake indicating that the CA is unknown.

Did something change with the library that is doing the requests?
I had suspected mesonInstaller.sh since there are some changes to how the shared libs are bundled - especially curl

But this is only a guess since I am not so familiar with this tech stack.
Last edited by motation on Dec 12, 2022, 2:43:20 PM
"
Onlight23 wrote:
I'm having some trouble with PoB, I have a m1 mac with macOS 13.0.1. When I download the zip directly and install it, I get a developer mode message where it tells me to install it another way but I'm not sure how it works.

I also tried the terminal install, I have homebrew and xcode installed but everytime I get to the "make" part it gives me an error.

I've tried reinstalling homebrew. Nothing works for me. Any ideas ?

did you solve this issue?
I was able to build it on a M1 with a tip about QT:

"
brew link qt5 --force

But when I run it, it dies instantly with no error message or anything useful:

"

d@MBP-14 pobfrontend % cd PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS
d@MBP-14 MacOS % ./PathOfBuilding
zsh: killed ./PathOfBuilding

No idea where to go from here...
Ok I was able to get it to build and launch on an M1 mac. In addition to the above, I found that you run an app at all on an M1 it must be signed. After running "make" successfully, I did the following:

Follow the instructions at https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html under "To obtain a self-signed certificate using Certificate Assistant"

Name it whatever you want, and I added it to my login keychain. After creating it, go find the certificate on your login keychain, double click it, open the "trust" section, change "When Using this Certificate" to "Use Custom Settings", and change the "Code Signing" section to "Always Trust". Then close the certificate.

After completing the above, you should be able to run "make sign" from the command line. Note you'll get a popup asking for your password to unlock the key, you'll want to click "always trust", otherwise you'll be prompted for every file being signed in the app, which is a lot.
"
Halcyonon wrote:
I have all the build, and SSL key problems as other M1 mac users above.

I don't understand the code workaround though, how do you get a code from someone else's pastebin paste?

The code is basically the texts in the pastebin. Copying the entirety of the texts in the pastebin can import the build.
I'm also having issues importing my character. Getting the SSL or SSH error. How to I create a pastebin of my character without PoB?
Last edited by Zuuule on Dec 13, 2022, 8:35:00 AM
"
Zuuule wrote:
I'm also having issues importing my character. Getting the SSL or SSH error. How to I create a pastebin of my character without PoB?

I guess I have the same problem. the error message is : SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

Now how can you create pob code of an online character?

Thx.
Last edited by sikat on Dec 13, 2022, 9:31:25 AM
SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK
hey dude. i love PoB. really helps the community. i just installed the new 2.23.0 PoB and I'm having some issues.

1. when installed it says that I'm on the developer version, which i don't know how to fix.

2. I think theres a bug regarding mana. I'm using Lifetap in my main skill and still says mana is negative.

3. this is the big one..... Im so happy about the new trade mechanic that finds your best in slot items for you. After finding what the POSSESSID was and inspecting PoE page element to find it, it worked. I tried running a test to see what items are best in slot and it crashes every time. i tried this about 5 times and still crashes.

Love the work.
Thanks

Edit: after fixing homebrew, lifetap bug was fixed. developer version still remains and when i search for BIS item it says SEARCHING.... and never finishes. It doesn't crash anymore though.

Here is a picture.

https://prnt.sc/wKq8y_zNzqm5

Last edited by vailsx on Dec 13, 2022, 2:44:37 PM
skill tree won't update POB when raising levels

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info