Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

"
bwinbc wrote:
cant believe people are crying this much over nothing

For totem users its not nothing
NR 1. Im excited for the new league. Looks good GGG.
NR 2. Crushing my dreams to build the ultimate golem build after i just bought the MTX a few weeks ago is not that great.
NR 3. This is like the 3rd or 4th nerf to summoners? Why? We like summoners. I dont want to play anything else.
NR 4. I get it. Change everything and we take time to figure out how to build great builds then you get us hooked for longer. mmmm good strategy.
NR 5. Lets stop crying and START PLANNING WHOOOOHOOOO LETS GOOOO

#PATCHNOTESWHEN
What time!!!!!!!!!!
You wont believe it, but friend said, occultist got a fuckin small buff. So lets all play shit vortex...
"
cimerea wrote:
"
Daenyo wrote:
good job. nerfs were needed. buffs as well. but most of all giving ascendancies character instead of "does it have dmg and movespeed". like the generalized effects on some classes like phasing and onslaught on raider, no dependences whatsoever. no more crit dependence on jugg acc, too, nerfed flat acc but rewards speccing into it. I'm still waiting to use the acc support gem at some point, maybe this will be the time.

also double totem cast on the tree would be grand. I'm sure some concerns about the nerfs will be washed away by the coming reveals. it's a fine marketing strategy. bad news first so you can crush em with hype in the final moments before the league starts. :P

As a raider every league (almost) I can tell you, that Avatar of the Veil after the changes is not worth picking whatsoever. Perma phasing (which only let you move through units) is obsolete since Dash gem was introduced to the game, elemental exposure is relatively easy to get somewhere else (i.e. Acranist Brand + Wave of Conviction) the only unique effect being immunity to elemental ailments while under phasing. Compared to evasion, dodges and attack/movement speed Avatar of the Chase branch gives, it's silly to even consider going for Veil. So much for diversification and opening new build possibilities.
Btw Veil branch lost 40% ele dmg, while Chase branch lost 50% att dmg in the process of "opening new build paths". Quite the sizeable change on a 0,7% in 90-100 lvl char pool ascendency, right?

This.
"
GrimExcuse wrote:
"
ggg made and want this game played that way. Chris said it himself that he is fine with most players never hitting red maps.

You have the elite right now crying that their build got a minor nerf. Popcorn time this is hilarious

Poor wanna be calls himself elitist? Truly hilarious.
I have to say that I agree with a lot of I'm hearing on Champion/Impale nerf.

It's like the Slam/Call of Steel/Impaler Keystone/Lord of Steel exploit FREAKED everyone out. This led to a brainstorming session on how to prevent it. Multiple ideas were given, and then instead of choosing just 1, you just use them all.

The exploit mainly was with Adds.. If bosses didn't have adds, the build was actually WEAKER with Bosses.

Maybe the reason you overreacted was because the new expansion will have multi-boss fights which makes each boss work as Adds....

Regardless... You did nerf a long-time favorite Cyclone/Impale build with the Master of Metal nerf. Removing the Impale stacking destroys it.

You could have just removed the damn "Lord of Steel" jewels.
or
Prevent "Call of Steel" from being used with anything other than the "Steel" skills.
"

I referred to your comment globally not locally. There are many Mid-Maxers crying over very minor changes. Even those who play Aura stack spectre, golem, spark, Insert any mirror HH build here that think assassin is the only class viable
Seems like the intention was to blanket nerf everything because you didn't have enough time to tweak the stuff individually.Thanks for screwing the bottom 80% of players even harder - since the top 20% will just be able to change to OP things with lots of currency.
The only thing that pisses me off about that changes is that my plan to skip this tryhard league and play Standard to do the stuff I never did like trying a breachstone or the Pale Court because I hadn't the time for them was ruined by those nerf since now, once again, my character is unplayable.
Therefore my plan is to skip this tryhard league and play Persona 4 Golden.
"
GrimExcuse wrote:
"

I referred to your comment globally not locally. There are many Mid-Maxers crying over very minor changes. Even those who play Aura stack spectre, golem, spark, Insert any mirror HH build here that think assassin is the only class viable

Yea doesn't matter. True elitist will always want game to be harder while wanna be's will cry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info