Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

Yay elementalist is better now, boo pathfinder is the new ralph-class

I mean, was pathfinder being overused? Cos every time I mentioned it, people laughed at using it, along with bows but oh well. More effort to make my dumb build viable lol yay
[Removed by Support]

WoW tried to copy many of the PoE systems into Shadowlands and failed, but hey we got the level squish before BfA to ease the blow, and subsequent damage nerfs into the "reasonable" area.

PoE is doing the opposite, it let the power creep to insane amounts when 100M+ DPS is acceptable, there something wrong, and "balance" goes into the dumpster.

The meta has changed about once per year. I used to only play Duelists at the beginning for the high armor / physical damage reductions than do crap damage. Then in 3.3, the meta shifted to the herald stacking Elementalist.

This kind of meta shift has happened a lot, the issue becomes is how much is GGG expecting us to give up in TIME. Time is the one currency that we can use only once to make the game feel like it still has value and to be worth playing.

I am a disabled player, I struggle with fast-moving games, but as long as I can dictate the engagement I can handle the speed. I have placed on the HCSSF ladders in the past. Now there are some mobs with speed aura, quick and possessed by a ghost being so fast that the flicker strike one shot came from off the screen. That example is what the mobs feel like when you one button click dead them from an OP build.

I use auras in moderation. I think to help put them in a better situation put limits to the cluster jewels, not the stats. Limit voices to 2, large to 3, medium to 6, and small to 6.
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Jan 11, 2021, 11:37:30 PM
Awesome job GGG. Keep it up!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
nicemoki wrote:
Maybe someday in the future, when you choose your class, you can choose gender too? It shouldn't be too hard to add, just a thought.

Actually it is kind of hard to add . New models . Hiring actors for new models animation . New background stories . Hiring actors for new voice lines . And who knows what more .
I'm fine with changes and nerf, but the dev really shouldn't use the word "balance", "not set to nerf" and "compensate with powerful changes" with such huge wave of nerf without an equal wave of buff/new options.

Just be honest and say "Guys, we are going to massive nerf every/most ascendancy classes to shake things up and slow down player progression to retain longer playtime"

No need to sugarcoat it.
Call it whatever you want, most of 'em are nerfs. Trickster having the 50% increased dmg over time removed is just plain dumb, the whole class is almost based on DoT. The Assasin, well, poison builds were already pretty expensive to make, but at least you had that %20 dmg as extra chaos that was pretty fine, now it's gone. Champion is the only ascendancy that i can see as an adjusted one. Occultist i think is buffed- And the necromancer is also a big NERF.
I really like the direction these changes went and hope you guys keep this design philosophy.

Pathfinder does seem like hot garbage now though.

EDIT: Hoping this is just the first pass and we get further adjustments along this new design philosophy as the player base figures things out.
Last edited by immcintosh on Jan 11, 2021, 11:46:38 PM
I like the changes.
They try to balance ascendancy classes. Some had to be nerfed and some buffed. Don't see a problem there
I just wanted some love on pathfinder, and is the same than always. Not even Master Surgeon got reworked, which is useless for any build you wanna do .... I felt so bad because I thought than GGG would buff her at least a little .....
Last edited by vegashadowclaw on Jan 11, 2021, 11:55:59 PM
If what we got here is a buff, i'm not expecting much for the '' buff of 40 gems ''
Why am I still here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info