[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

Hi ive been enjoying your build but i seem to have hit a bit of a wall when it comes to t16ish bosses. wasnt sure if there was any easy upgrades that I missed. any help would be apreciated https://pastebin.com/WBFcsABn
"
Killerdog1223 wrote:
Hi ive been enjoying your build but i seem to have hit a bit of a wall when it comes to t16ish bosses. wasnt sure if there was any easy upgrades that I missed. any help would be apreciated https://pastebin.com/WBFcsABn

A few improvements that might help that I can see from your profile:

Try getting a level 21 Holy Relic gem, the extra level is worth more than the 20% quality. They are only 2-3c

Get the highest level Empower gem that you can afford and replace Cruelty Support. Empower gets a big bonus from the +2 on your body armour and that means more levels for Holy Relic

You haven't taken Redemption in your tree. There is a Minion Life node under Lord of the Dead that you can refund to get it

I think you can improve the reliability of Bone Offering by having Desecrate be the first gem in your weapon, with the curse as the last. This way the cast order will be Desecrate (which summons corpses), Bone Offering (which consumes corpses), then curse. With the current order I think you may be missing Bone Offering triggers because there are no corpses

I use the 'Use when charges reach full' craft on my Basalt and Silver flasks as that gives them the highest uptime (without me needing to click them). Also you can roll your flasks for some more beneficial mods

Deleted an incorrect part about static strike level

With these changes you will be about the same point I was before switching into the Crit version of the build, but without Ashes. I think the non-Crit build does struggle a little with single target, but I did kill Sirus/Shaper/Elder before going to Crit build.
To help your clear speed in maps the Asenath's gloves is a big upgrade
Last edited by Haammer on May 23, 2022, 10:52:58 AM
How do you sustain flicker without any frenzy charge generation? I can flicker for like 2 sec and it goes on cooldown

Also ehem. What can we use instead of aegis? Cause the CHEAP part is not true anymore xD 6 ex for a f ing shield :O
Last edited by LordDuckiie on May 24, 2022, 4:59:40 AM
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
How do you sustain flicker without any frenzy charge generation? I can flicker for like 2 sec and it goes on cooldown

Regarding flicker: try avoiding "monsters steal charges on hit" mod on maps. You can also increase quality of flicker gem: you will get additional 5% chance to generate charges by setting it to 20 quality. Also bring frenzy ape spectres.

It is pretty much always sustainable if you are fighting dense pack but consider focusing on using static strike against bosses or thick rares.

"
LordDuckiie wrote:
Also ehem. What can we use instead of aegis? Cause the CHEAP part is not true anymore xD 6 ex for a f ing shield :O

Magna Eclipsis is very good alternative, if you don't want to use Daresso's courage and costs virtually nothing.
Update time

Haven't played for a while and only recently returned to upgrade the build to its semi end state.

What can I say about. Well. Its certainly worse than its been.
You still can zoom up to red maps with no gear, but to start doing end game and not feel bad about yourself you need a bit more than just +1 chest now.

The gap between destroying juiced t16 maps and taking 5 minutes to kill the rare got a lot bigger with this archnemesis monster update.

Still. Investing into Empower 4 and Skin of the Lords fixed the issue.

Now before I post a current PoB I want to talk about evasion and spell suppression VS armor. Skip if you are not interested. Tl;DR - they feel about the same, but I haven't played with armor too long to tell for sure.
Spoiler

So my observation about evasion.
1) Evasion feels worse than armor - namely because you don't get a lot of it.
When something hits you and you fail to block, you get extra 30~ish chance to not take damage.

Its not bad, but if it also fails that check, you will take MASSIVE damage.
Meanwhile with armor - if you fail to block, the damage you take will be reduced.

Evasion would be alright to have last patch, but now, when regular monsters in maps hit really hard, reducing damage 100% of the time is much better than reducing amount of hits you take. In the scenario when you fail to block multiple hits and few of those you fail to evade - you just die. While with armor you survive with less RNG dependency.

2) Spell suppression.
I never really felt like I have it. Maybe because most of the spells I block anyway, maybe because I have Elemental Aegis from forbidden jewels active.

Again, during regular mapping, I don't think it ever did anything for me.

On bosses, however, it would be a massive boost to survivability. But again, I never felt like it did something up to this point.

I would assume if I was farming feared over and over it would have better value. But for the rest of the content? Prolly not.

3) The price.
To get to the 100% spell suppression you gonna need a roll on boots, gloves, shield, amulet annoint, and possibly a Skin of the Lords with Magebane keystone.
On top of that you would need dexterity. You can grab it from the passive tree and maybe have extra dex roll on your gear.

That is less points to spend on life, and less item mods to spend on resists.

Additionally - you will have to use rare shield, and its always a worse option than having Aegis Aurora, although a cheaper one.

You also can't invest into recoup or regen.

4) The benefits or armor.
On top of not having to invest into specific gear combos, meaning you can include useful mods like reduced curse effect, reduced ignite duration, avoid poison, etc.
You also benefit from taking reduced damage as Divine shield will add you more regen.

So there is that, I'm gonna stick to armor version for now to see how it feels.

Another thing I wanted to talk about is +1 to all spell skill gems weapons.
Spoiler

With Ashes of the stars being so rare now, the value of +1 on the weapon got a lot higher. The reason being - your utility gems.

With +1 level on your weapon and level 21 Raise Specter gems you get an extra specter. This is big because 2 of your specters should be Host Chieftains. The third one is a flexible pick, but with how dangerous game is, it should be They of Tul. 15% dodge, 15% reduced damage taken, extra totems. Insane value to have.

With +1 level on your weapon your Animate Guardian gets 4000 extra life. Don't need to say how valuable this is. Gonna talk about AG below.

However, market also knows you (and other meta builds) want +1 weapon, so they won't come cheap. Recombinators can help you.

I made this beast using essence of Fear, crafting Trigger and combining said weapon with the corrupted dagger that has +1 on it. Its not ideal and took few tries but it is what it is.

Animated Guardian and my journey to sim 30.
Spoiler
So this is terrible. The enemies in maps and in simulacrum are so strong they just would kill my AG that would not even be scartched last league.

So I made a few improvements to keep him alive that I'm gonna share with you.

1) Divergent Meat Shield support. Extra 8% block for your specters and AG. Its pretty big, its pretty cheap. All you ever wanted.

2) Boots with enchant for life regen on hit is mandatory.

3) Level 21 AG gem is mandatory.

4) Sapp ground on boots can be nice.

5) Double cluster setup for extra Renewal. Its also okay to grab Renewal on megalomaniacs. Ever Renewal adds a lot of survivability for AG and specters.

6) Divergent Bone Offering. Extra 2% block. Costs a ton. But you also benefit from it, and you gonna need it at some point.

7) +1 to level of all spell skill gems on a weapon - adds a lot of HP to AG and specters and adds extra specter that will help keeping AG alive.

I failed to do wave 30 sim for now. Stopped at wave 27 as AG would simply die. On other hand - I was feeling just fine with my evasion gear there. I would assume with armor it would be even better.

And now PoBs and gear.
Spoiler

Spell supression version
https://pastebin.com/bPvzKbt7

Armor version
https://pastebin.com/pwk1J567

Bonus - t16 clear.
https://youtu.be/e9l7AgK3ZTo

Current gear
Spoiler
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 27, 2022, 4:03:29 AM
Hello. I started this league with this build and have enjoyed it thus far since it's my first time playing block and minions and it feels extremely tanky. Although lack of damage is starting to nag on me.

Would you suggest getting trigger/minion dmg/+1all weapon and convert to crit version without ashes since it's unobtainable on budget?

I switched to skin of lords from loyal and got lucky with awa minion dmg corrupt, although killing maven was a very prolonged experience.

This is myu current PoB. If you'd suggest something I'll greatly appreciate it.

https://pastebin.com/LXyMLhxq
"
GOshnik wrote:
Hello. I started this league with this build and have enjoyed it thus far since it's my first time playing block and minions and it feels extremely tanky. Although lack of damage is starting to nag on me.

Would you suggest getting trigger/minion dmg/+1all weapon and convert to crit version without ashes since it's unobtainable on budget?

I switched to skin of lords from loyal and got lucky with awa minion dmg corrupt, although killing maven was a very prolonged experience.

This is myu current PoB. If you'd suggest something I'll greatly appreciate it.

https://pastebin.com/LXyMLhxq

Absolutely can recommend swapping to crit early on. However, to do that you need to make some preparations.

1) The most important one - you need to roll Brittle ground on your boots before you do anything. It might take a while, depending on your RNG, but if you don't have it, crit is pointless. Just make sure you have it before doing any changes to your current state.

2) Consider getting Vixen Entrapment for bossing. Because you gonna need to include extra curse ( they provide you with extra curse stat) - Assassin's mark. Its gonna replace your Reckoning.

Additionally - to trigger mark on the boss you would gonna need to cast your Punishment manually. Triggering it from the weapon won't do, and I recommend you to start getting used to hand casting it. First of all, hand casting it makes it stronger. Second of all - it provides you with agency when you need it, instead of having it on 8 second cooldown.

3) Since you are not using Desecrate-Bone offering-Unearth anyway, you might wanna respec your Plaguebringer into Commander of Darkness.

Doing that will help keeping your specters alive, lets you change your grear a bit if you wish to do so. Maybe will help you get shock craft on a ring. Its a solid damage boost.

4) Don't forget that gonna need power charge monkeys - Host Chieftains. They gonna replace w/e you are using now. Keeping them alive is high priority - so might wanna put qulaity on that minion life, grab better meat shield like I did in post above. Maybe get a level 21 gem.

5) And of course you gonna need increased crit damage support leveld up and ready.

That's for a crit transition.

As for the weapon - yours is fine. +1 weapon instead would help a little - adding extra specter for your uses. But those are VERY expensive now because of recombinators, so might not be worth bothering.

As for direct damage upgrades - you can look for a helm with holy relic damage enchant. Careful about relic cooldown roll though. But you can always divine it.

You can grab awakened Brutaliy - doesn't need to be high level. Lvl 3+ will do just fine as Skin of the lortds prvide it with +2 levels to unlock Crush effect.

You can grab minion damage mastery from a tree - Minions Attack Overwhelm 20% phys reduction. I'm not entirely sure if its working, because it says Attacks, while Holy nove is a spell, but PoB says it works and I trust it. Don't forget about critical hit mastery for minions too if you are going crit - adds a lot od damage.

You can look for Divergent Holy relic. Lvl 20 Divergent is more DPS than lvl
21 regular. But if you are sticking for 21 regular, then find the one with 20% quality.

Your current PoB is around 2 mill DPS. Here is a crit version for you https://pastebin.com/xky2CC9m going to about 5 mills.
Recorded few vids to add into the current league vid pile.

Maven
Elder
Uber Elder + Maven
Thanks for the guide. Damage increased drastically when I switched to crit version.

I'm gonna try to push it to the limit and get ashes.
"
GOshnik wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Damage increased drastically when I switched to crit version.

I'm gonna try to push it to the limit and get ashes.

Good luck with that. Mind that its not THAT exciting. It only just boosts your damage by about 60%. It might not even be worth it.

I can highly recommend trying out Asenath gloves for clearing and only using Vixens for bosses. Asenat his game changing. You can put so much juice on the map and it will all blow up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info