[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"

Loving the build so far, was wondering about an Animated Guardian setup tho. You can give him brittle boots and other goodies, what's your recommended setup?

not like theres an entire written guide or anything
Hey ehm, little update and question from my side, the flicker strike feels extremly fun when it works, but sometimes it doesnt cast, even tho I have frenzy charges, monsters in range, im not stunned, etc and I have to recast it, and sometimes it gets me dead standing still for a split second.

Also anything dropped on the ground can ruin speed since idk if it's me but I have no way of pulling a boss out of an aoe on the ground and I have to die 3-4 times while poppin heal pot just to kill it, since I cant range it or pull it.

As Fire_Archer said too, it feels a bit clumsy, not sure if it's because of my gear but im strugling sometimes on normal mobs buffed with sentinels on 14's, expeditions,hesit nad blight.

I could cash out roughly 5-6 ex from my build and I have another 4 in stash, but 450k dps and 98k eHp feels pretty low comparing for other witch builds and that sometimes I have to 2-3 run a boss is annoying.

https://pastebin.com/HeqvT0cf

All that being said, first time trying flickering strike build but as satisfying it feels to jump around with flicker, it feels underperformed, not including the bubbles,aoe's on ground, some rares, etc. Not sure if I've messed up the build or it doesnt shine until a certain point but I'd love to see other pob's to compare what I might miss
Last edited by jetskiuwu11 on May 18, 2022, 9:38:28 PM
"
jetskiuwu11 wrote:
Hey ehm, little update and question from my side, the flicker strike feels extremly fun when it works, but sometimes it doesnt cast, even tho I have frenzy charges, monsters in range, im not stunned, etc and I have to recast it, and sometimes it gets me dead standing still for a split second.

Also anything dropped on the ground can ruin speed since idk if it's me but I have no way of pulling a boss out of an aoe on the ground and I have to die 3-4 times while poppin heal pot just to kill it, since I cant range it or pull it.

As Fire_Archer said too, it feels a bit clumsy, not sure if it's because of my gear but im strugling sometimes on normal mobs buffed with sentinels on 14's, expeditions,hesit nad blight.

I could cash out roughly 5-6 ex from my build and I have another 4 in stash, but 450k dps and 98k eHp feels pretty low comparing for other witch builds and that sometimes I have to 2-3 run a boss is annoying.

https://pastebin.com/HeqvT0cf

All that being said, first time trying flickering strike build but as satisfying it feels to jump around with flicker, it feels underperformed, not including the bubbles,aoe's on ground, some rares, etc. Not sure if I've messed up the build or it doesnt shine until a certain point but I'd love to see other pob's to compare what I might miss

Okay I can few things you could improve.

1) Amulet anoint to cap your block - this will help a lot. Grab testudo with black oil.

2) Taunt totem - will help with the pulling the mob problem as well as help to avoid a lot of damage from rares hits.

3) Not sure what specters you are using, but Carnage Chiftains (even a singular one) will smooth out the flickering. Getting 20% quality on lvl 1 flicker gem will help a bit too. That way even if your flicker fails you can instantly recast it. Also mind that you can just hold the flicker button instead of clicking it. Helps a lot if game freezes or lags out, you still continue flickering no matter what.

4) Degen zones. Lots of them this league.

I see you already capped chaos res so the green orbs should not be an issue to you.

Burning ground immunity comes from Pantheon upgrade - grab it asap if you didn't. You can also grab Fire attunement cluster jewel.

Cold dot on death from rares/blue packs - grab Taste of Hate - it helps a lot with reducing cold damage.

5) Upgrading flasks to autouse can help too.

As for tanky mobs, I think the best improvement one can get is Awakened brutality. There is so much % Phys reduction in the game both from archnem mods and map/altar modifiers that Crush is very much needed.

Transitioning to crit would help too, you can scout my character to see what changes I did to get crit. I am about to make an update about it in a bit.
"
1) Amulet anoint to cap your block - this will help a lot. Grab testudo with black oil.

Forgot to cap it since i was pretty close to it, thanks

"
2) Taunt totem - will help with the pulling the mob problem as well as help to avoid a lot of damage from rares hits.

Used them but I have no more space as of now for gems and just replaced it since I didnt feel like using it

"
3) Not sure what specters you are using, but Carnage Chiftains (even a singular one) will smooth out the flickering. Getting 20% quality on lvl 1 flicker gem will help a bit too. That way even if your flicker fails you can instantly recast it. Also mind that you can just hold the flicker button instead of clicking it. Helps a lot if game freezes or lags out, you still continue flickering no matter what.

Ye using 2 of the Carnage Chiftains, Ye I'm holding it and hovering if not much mobs nerby so it'll advance to that direction but even when Frenzy charges up it stops it happens rarely, but whenever it does it's pretty annoying. For example in thight doorways in grandheists or even in a content where there are 100-150 mob in thigt space I have to spam it, in case it stops during hold.

I have the patheons upgraded

As for the other 2 I'll try the A.Brutality, but not sure how could I transfer this to crit.

Pumped 85 hours in this league, and
Grand heists are not that rewarding, Maxed out almost all the Thieves
Blights were close to unplayable even with meteor/thunder cheese
Delirium+Blight stack mapping, dead if bad rare spawns and map wasted, sometimes worked but i'd say its 1 out of every 5 map so huge waste ex's
Expeditions again, close to unplayable with a bad generic rare spawn, that area unaccessable, bubble same thing, and if there's even 1 not favorable mod on the boss it's undoable, but the boss takes ages to kill regardless. so cannot really farm reliably.
Mapping, probably done 2-3 hundred of it, and it's just hard if I dont pay attention to the rares that spawns.

Not sure how or what could make it viable in these scenes, since I wasnt planning on flipping crafts for a few C and what not.

Dying is not even a big problem to be fair since lot of other builds are dying a few times too here and there with same or higher costs of setups due to a few rares, so I think just gettin the dmg up would be a huge ups, but other than hitting 100, getting the rest of the talent's and jewel upgrades for minion dmg im out of ideas on what to aim for.
Also I got the Silk glove in the meanwhile randomly, and it was a nice little upgrade on clearing, it didnt change as much in the whole.

So I'd love to see ur crit transition of it^^
"
jetskiuwu11 wrote:

So I'd love to see ur crit transition of it^^

Its not relly hard, I just don't recommend doing it before Ashes, but since its impossible to get Ashes now...

All you need it roll Brittle Ground on boots. Idealy 3+ seconds. But 2 will do for starters.

Then you replace Controled Destruction with Crit Damage.
Replace your specters with Host Chiftains.

And you good to go. Bonus points if you can fit in amulet corrupted with extra curse and Assassins mark as second curse.
Alright well due to a work trip I will be away for the next week.

Day 6 PoB: https://pastebin.com/2rLNNis5

I've been running Strand (Searching Exarch invitations and breach farming) for the past few days. Still no luck on getting Ashes after 5 invitations (my rng went elsewhere)

Outside of mapping i havent really pushed the limits of the build's defenses on much content. Sirus is an absolute joke, I cant figure out how to do the ball barrage for searching exarch so i havent been able to be deathless on that fight.

Ritual blessed me with a Curse Vul on Hit implicit ring so combo'd it with the Asenath's for some pops. I love how pretty the screen is as everything just goes poof in a rainbow.

Compared to the Guardian version I played last league:
- The flicker strike tech feels really good for zooming between packs in those breach events.
- Guardian felt like it was built for more Life Regen, and i feel like my buttcheeks clench more when i try to do the Lab trials.
- The Relics feel considerably more tanky, i had to slot elemental res to minion jewels on guardian or allocate more minion block nodes, but this build has not shown an issue at any point with the relics dying. Its really nice not to buy those 1ex jewels
- Compared to the Koam's Heart + Staff set up with 6k hp versus the Life/ES set up im not sure if the lucky one shots is because im not running determination or one of the on-death effects this league.

Regarding upgrades:
I jumped down the rabbit hole looking at the impossible escape (budget options at least) and i just cant decide if i wanted some more defensive techs or go for more aggressive tech.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
A little update time.

Current gear

The game feels like a chore to play for me, so I won't be playing too much. Still, plan on pushing to feared, just not as fast as initially expected.

So i have to know, did you land a lucky double corrupt on that neck? or did you do multiple double corrupt attempts with annoint?
"
eyeyue wrote:

- Compared to the Koam's Heart + Staff set up with 6k hp versus the Life/ES set up im not sure if the lucky one shots is because im not running determination or one of the on-death effects this league.

Oneshots are most likely crits. Solve it with using Garb on AG

"
eyeyue wrote:

So i have to know, did you land a lucky double corrupt on that neck? or did you do multiple double corrupt attempts with annoint?

You can anoint corrupted amulets with Tainted oil. All you need to do it corrupt first, then pout oils on it. Or buy one.
Hi I really enjoy the play style of this build I am just struggling a lot at later red maps. I feel like I have fairly layered defensives and the damage/clear speed is very good, but as soon as I get to bosses I hit a complete wall. I feel like single target damage is very lacking, and often get killed by random 1 shots. I think a lot of 1 shots have to do with my chaos resists and optimizing gear, but the single target struggle has been frustrating while trying to fill out my atlas.

I have been swapping to Kalisa's for single target fights but otherwise I feel a bit stuck. Maybe I just need to farm more currency for a Skin of the Loyal/Geofri's lab enchant? I unsure if that is what really makes the difference here.

Just wondering (if you get the time) if you could have a look at my build (hircle) and let me know if there are any glaring issues as right now my damage and tankiness on bosses feels much worse than on everything else.
"
single target damage is very lacking

you should probably run an empower 3/4 instead of cruelty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info