[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

Okay, it's time to make a big retrospective post again.

Here. We. Go.

Things done so far
Spoiler
Guardians and guardian invitations - easy with most mods.
Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder + Maven - super easy.
Sirus - aahahaha who?
Maven - deleted.
Feared - went down like butter.
Simulacrum wave 30 - done, but its pure cancer.

Looking back at the build progress, I can say the build got a lot worse. Mostly because of how archnemesis mods scale.

Archnemesis sucks badly
It used to be build that can easily clear red maps on a tabula. Not anymore. Its a great start, you will still blast through white and yellow maps on zero items. But the moment you hit red maps, enemies get SO TANKY it will take 5 minutes to kill rare enemy or a certain blue packs.

This, however, can be fixed if you invest into + level of relic boosts like Empower or Skin of the Lords/Loyal/+1 Tabula, or in case of this league - 6L Dialla's Malefaction. Level 21-20 gem helps a lot too.

This is not easy to do, especially day 1, so it does feel like you are being stuck with no upgrades.

The other thing you could have done, that I didn't, is to instantly switch to the crit version. You can potentially do that the moment you start dropping elder currency and roll Brittle ground on the boots. It will boosts your damage by a good margin, but its still not gonna be big before you get the base damage up.

On top of that, I instantly went with Evasion/Spell Suppression approach. Trying out full armor now, I can say it was a mistake. Always roll with armor.
Spoiler
Armor feel much better in all content up to the feared. Simulacrum 30 is way easy on armor version. I never felt the power of 100% spell suppress, and evasion with face-to-face combat playstyle just doesn't do it. You will still get hit eventually, and when you do, it will onetap you.

The other thing I wanted to experiment with was Recoup. Namely recoup anoint + node. This brought some interesting results, although its still inconclusive to me.
Spoiler

Recoup feel VERY strong but also VERY awkward to use in a full block setup. You don't stack a lot of regen from incoming hits because you block most of them again crowds of enemies. You still get a fair bit of value, its just not THAT big.

On other hand, against bosses and big enemies, one hit that removes most of your HP is also not great to recoup. You get some regen, but at the same time, you will just use flask to heal anyway. So whats the point? It does help to mitigate Forbidden Taste degen though.

The only great side of recoup right now is that it help A LOT with ground degen zones while mapping. Those few hits that you don't block is enough to cover most deadly degens.

Overall, I say you should try it. Intuitive Leap is cheap, anoint is cheap. Maybe you'll like it. I do. But at the same time, maybe I want just a bigger life pool instead.

There is one thing about recoup that I want to further investigate. That is Glancing Blows. With Glancing Blows you constantly take damage and stacking recoup. It might seem weird to give up block value, but you get so much healing it might just be worth it. The problem with that, is that you have too much block. There is almost no way to respec passives properly if you take GB.

However, you simply can unspec Mistress of Scariffice ascendancy node to stop offering from affecting you and take something else. Maybe Bone Barrier. This is something I will think about in future.

Ashe of the Stars and Aegis Aurora incident and few words about Brittle ground.
Spoiler

I fully expected not to get them this league. But not for a reason they cost a crapton.

However, with current gear, I never felt like I need them anyway. We know Ashes is prolly gonna stay unchanged for how rare it is.

Aegis might get nerfed still. But as build goes, you don't even need it. A shaper shield with % life/energy shield on block does the job just fine.

Surrender is also a great alternative. I've been using it and loving all the extra armor it provides, but Reckoning is a bit awkward specifically with sentinels because it kills enemies before I empower them lol.

As for Brittle ground mod on boots. Not sure if GGG will touch it or not in the future, but lets just say there is a potent alternative source of how to apply a 5% Brittle on the enemy. A bit more awkward in terms of gearing though. So lets just hope Brittle stays as is.

Adventures in Simulacrum 30 and Feared.
Spoiler

Went to finish simulacrum first, and well did it. Not going there ever again. Especially after I did feared.

The reason being - archnem mods. There are not many dangerous ones, but there is a problem of another caliber.

It legitimately took me longer to kill a blue pack, than to kill Kosis. Blue pack, was tankier than a goddamn simulacrum boss. ??????????????

On top of that temporal bubble - that basically turns holy relics off, can spawn ocasionaly and make things very deadly for you.

That being said, the improvements I made to AG few posts ago help VERY well. He was not damaged during the encounter at all. Even specters survived well, but I assume its mostly They of Tul putting some work with safety zones.

And then I went to do Feared.

And then I was very sad.

Because I did it. With ease.

Feared.... was easier to do, than to kill a pack of blue mobs in simulacrum.
For reall GGG, what is this game?

All this time I though, maybe my build is not strong, maybe I shouldn't throw myself into feared just yet. And then I just deleted them. This is saddening.

Farming and dealing with content. Future plans.
Spoiler

Simulacrum is not the only content that is fucked up by archnem. Its hard for me to estimate what is easy to do and what is not because I have most things blocked from my atlas.

I do plan on start hunting achievements because armor set looks dope. So I will slowly get into things and make updates.

For now, however, I find farming Glacier fun and enjoyable.

Current strategy - Blue sentinel on the first part of the map - flicker clear it. Collect loot and rush boss. Red sentinel on the boss - it spawns bunch of unique adds - massive loot. Then keep red and backtrack to the part 2 of the map. Use second charge of blue sentinel on Expedition/Legion.

Everything but Harvest, Legion, Expedition and Delirium - blocked.
Essences with Kirac essence.

Empowered legion feels easy and rewarding.
Empowered expedition - very hard and less rewarding.

Current build
Spoiler

Items

PoB
https://pastebin.com/DSw6P3NZ

12 MILL EHP?!
10 MILL DPS ON CLEAR SETUP?!
ENEMY IS A BOSS - No?!

Hello, playing this build right now and I kinda get lost where to go with the build and what to upgrade or just get to yellow maps and start farming, currently at tier 3, 4 maps. Here's my build https://pastebin.com/SA3mnyxQ .
If anyone can point me to the right direction that would be great. Also I kinda can't use skitterbots, zealotry and pride at the same time, cos it reserves too much and running at the time without skitterbots, don't know if this is supposed way and don't have like manna leech or something and sometimes need to w8 for the regen. Really fun build, but ye I kinda am clueless what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.
"
YoRasta wrote:
Hello, playing this build right now and I kinda get lost where to go with the build and what to upgrade or just get to yellow maps and start farming, currently at tier 3, 4 maps. Here's my build https://pastebin.com/SA3mnyxQ .
If anyone can point me to the right direction that would be great. Also I kinda can't use skitterbots, zealotry and pride at the same time, cos it reserves too much and running at the time without skitterbots, don't know if this is supposed way and don't have like manna leech or something and sometimes need to w8 for the regen. Really fun build, but ye I kinda am clueless what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

First of all: get yourself lvl 21 holy relic. It costs only 3c and will boost your damage more than 50%.

You should keep your static strike to lvl1. In FAQ section there is the spreadsheet to which you can refer to in order to maximize your trigger efficiency. Try to get more life on your jewellery, at least 4k life would be alright. Shouldn't be that hard to get to that level.
"
GOshnik wrote:
"
YoRasta wrote:

First of all: get yourself lvl 21 holy relic. It costs only 3c and will boost your damage more than 50%.

You should keep your static strike to lvl1. In FAQ section there is the spreadsheet to which you can refer to in order to maximize your trigger efficiency. Try to get more life on your jewellery, at least 4k life would be alright. Shouldn't be that hard to get to that level.

Ok, gonna do this after work, but what about the aura problem, when i activate Pride, skitterbots and Zealotry i have only 46 mana
"
YoRasta wrote:
"
GOshnik wrote:
"
YoRasta wrote:

Ok, gonna do this after work, but what about the aura problem, when i activate Pride, skitterbots and Zealotry i have only 46 mana

As it says in the build - gems that are yellow are to be replaced. You use Skitterbots INSTEAD of Zealotry early on specificaly because of mana issues.

As for mana issues there are multiple ways to fix it. Mana regen craft on the ring, any jewel with mana on hit, and block mastery for lifeand mana on block should help you. Using Lifetap in your werapon linked to triggered skill will also help.
A little update

Aquired Ashes of the Stars. What can I say excapet its not worth it. I feel a lot squishier with it, and extra damage is barely noticable. Yes its NICE but not 50 ex nice.

The only reason to grab it for me right now - is because I want to do uber-uber content.

As for pre-Ashes version - I could not do it. You really need to blow bosses up or you will end up with arena fully covered in degen zones. And 12 Mill dps was not enough. Maybe 20 will be.

Another thing - Aegis Aurora - this I can reccomend as an upgrade. Its not gonna make you that much tankier than Surrender, but it feels a lot more smooth with ES regen.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 31, 2022, 11:34:20 AM
Oh, sorry then, I though that skitterbots will be replaced with tempest shield not zealotry.
In terms of damage I can only recommend what I did last league - an elegant hubris with 240% minion damage in the templar area. That thing pushed my dps to new heights.

To all the rest I can only tell u: Everybody feels that way. Since Archnem mods were so scary I went with a different build, one of my all-time favourites and even with +3 shavs, fucking mageblood and whatnot I die on a regular basis (granted, I haven´t minmaxed the defenses yet, but man this league is rippy af). So it´s not the build, it´s just the league/the mods that made the game considerably harder.
Last edited by Vennto on Jun 1, 2022, 4:45:39 AM
"
Vennto wrote:
I went with a different build

Betrayer!

Should have suffered terrible mid game with me! For real tho hope you doing well with what you rolled. I was at the point to reroll. Glad I didn't.

And thus a little bit of an update.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
A little update

Aquired Ashes of the Stars. What can I say excapet its not worth it. I feel a lot squishier with it, and extra damage is barely noticable. Yes its NICE but not 50 ex nice.

Forget everything I said, I was just being dumb. Turns out, my static strike was overleveled (because of +1 from my weapon) and I was missing like half of my DPS.

Ashe feels better now and I almost have no regrets getting it for 50 ex. Almost.

Because it really did help me do some ubers. Namely uber-Maven and uber-Shaper for now. As well as some omegajuiced 180% quant invitations.
Warning - lost of pictures

And by doing those I already made back abour 20 exalts. Dropping full maven invite from a breach lords fight seems busted.

Now to the more sad things.

Could not do uber-Sirus still. Awful fight. Dude teleports into the middle of his storm and flicker pulls me with him into instant death. And if I don't use flicker to stick to him - I just die walking over all the degen ground zones. Not sure how to deal with him yet, other than grabbing different timless jewel with +max chaos res.

Failed to do all at once feared with juiced up mods. But it was mostly my bad, I rolled like 120 attack and cast speed or something, killed everything but aztiri, but she would just cast nonstop so I could not even walk up to her.

Could not try uber-uber-Elder because I activated portals before alocating the passive on the tree. Big dumb. Now gotta farm his fragments again. My ego won't let me just buy it.

Current gear
Spoiler
Hi, can you look on my pob and tell me what to upgrade?
https://pastebin.com/LpFByWnD
I can't do eater of the world im just getting deleted in a sec

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info