[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
eyeyue wrote:
few tips - make sure your static strike not overleveled. Make sure skills in your weapon in right order - check FaQ. Include Silver flask for even more attack speed.

Thanks for the tip, my brain was kinda pulling a blank with when i was trying to check PoB for the Holy Relic CDR.

Here is Day 3 PoB:
https://pastebin.com/YBG5V6iW

Thats the progress of my 3 day binge of league start.

Overall, Rampage was really fun I started with the Flesh and Spirit gloves for 1c and i found in the first 12 hours everything was hitting so hard, that i switched to Null and Void for the extra life early on.

I was using Pride - Zealotry - Tempest Shield until level 90, where i kinda hit a wall at T13+ maps. Maven Witnesses were rough in maps (i probably shouldn't do the Alch + Corrupt + Maven)

I dropped Zealotry for Determination, and the trade-off felt better for tankiness.

I managed to snag an Additional Curse Anvil neck and some curse on vulnerability Vixen's Entrapment Gloves , i didn't think to far ahead so i have Vulnerability and Assassin's Mark planned for my curses atm. It looks like Punishment is the third option?

I picked up the Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel for the Traitor Notable, to have some better flask sustain with all these unique flasks. I'm considering dropping my Silver flask for the Cinderswallow flask with the life regen roll + the ES on kill.

Overall i think my plans for the following few days is going to be spamming maps for breach (for skin of the loyal) and invitatiosn to farm the neck and heists for the Alt Quality Gems

Getting a bit ahead of the curve. Assassins mark doesn't do anything, neither does tripple curse set up. For that to work you need Ashes od the stars. Stick to the pre-ashes pob. But its nice that you got such a GG items early on. They would cost you a ton.

For now your relics have 0% crit even with Assassins because of the Controlled Destruction. So you best use Punishment + Vuln as is. Or just punishment. Both curses give about the same damage, but punishment also gives damage reduction, explosion on kill and melts bosses faster as they reach half HP.

As for Cinderswallow - its generaly not a good idea unless you have Asenath goloves. Kills done by your relics are not YOUR kills. Asenath explosions that delete everything like rampage but all the time - is your kills.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 16, 2022, 2:12:06 AM
"
gtankbr wrote:
So, does the vixen's entrapment leech actually counts for the minion nova?

I'm mostly asking because I'm close to dumping the build and rerolling into something else, I'm dying WAY more than I'm comfortable with (for reference, my last 20 builds over the years were sitting on about 800k eHP, except the phantasmal cremation CI necro with like 2.8m). I'm not saying the build is bad, please OP don't get offended, I'm in no way criticizing the build. I want to make it work for me, I'm just sorta confused at what to do here.

I don't have the dialas, nor aegis (nor magna, I'm mapping nonstop and even with the chaos recipe I'm sitting at about 60c total to my name and holding back on buying anything until I decide if I continue on this or reroll), literally any form of DoT obliterates me nearly instantly (I'm working on getting Soul of Abberath for burning ground, but all other dots still hurt like fuck) and it feels like FOREVER to actually kill anything (some rares I literally have to skip because I can't out damage their vampiric/regen/godmodeneabled).
I'm still gonna get plague bringer (I'm 85 atm, struggling to clear yellows and was genuinely afraid of attemtping Izaro), gotta adjust my trigger setup after I get it (take out punishment from the weapon and add unearth).

Vixens doesn't make your enemies leech, no.
As currently, 5L Diallas that grants your gems +1 to level cost 1c. Magna is 10 c, even less if you buy compontents. Level 21 holy relic is 10 c as well.

If you struggling so much, maybe grab Commander of Darkness instead as it will help you with your own resist - makes gearing easier, and make your minions tanky. I plan on doing that myself, but so far didn't feel like I even need it.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 16, 2022, 2:20:27 AM
Update time.

Honetly I was not playing too much, as the rough start with overtuned rares kina burned me out.

But anyway, I managed to push past the initial wall and GGG patch certainly helped a bit. Gonna now try to catch up to you all.

First of all - Current gear.
Spoiler

Few words about that.
1) Capped my chaos resist. You should too. A lot of degens enemies cause are chaos. It will help dealing with that. If you struggling with resits - get Commander of Darkness it sure helps a bunch. Helps keeping your specters/AG alive too.

2) Taste of Hate helps dealing with cold degen zones as well as have a great synergy with Elemndal Aegis from your shield. It will cause phys damage to be taken by the shield instead.

3) Grab Abarath upgrade for burning grounds - its pretty early in the maps. If you don't have Divine vessel - make one with Divine orb + 6 random life/mana flasks vendored.

4) Empower 2 was enough for me to just comfortably farm corrupted t16.

5) Frost bomb on the weapon trigger helps dealing with healing bullshit. Be it maven heals or vampiric - frostboms is the answer.

And so I'm currently farming t16. Eater and Exarch are dead, so are the elder/shaper guardians. Making my way to the shaper/sirus slowly.

Current PoB - https://pastebin.com/L9BPAB8n

And a few words about senstinels.

So I had a very rough start. 0 drops, 0 currency, the best item I had was worth about 30c. Nealy SSF experience lol.

But the Sentinel mechanic... its just insane. There is nothing wrong with going back to white maps, even magic ones. And just pop the stalker sentinel and farm like that for a bit. So much currency, loot, and value drops. That's how I made a fair bit of money and dumped it all in empower 2, and from there, things went smooth.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 16, 2022, 2:56:55 AM
I officially give up.
I applaud you guys for being able to play this build and make it work but I think it's just not for me. Between every minion (relics, specters, golems) dying pretty much every 2 packs, the damage in general being overwhelmingly low (I got everything except empower), the overall tankiness of the character being heavily reliant on not getting hit (because if something goes through block, you're pretty much dead unless you flask/automate flasks like crazy) it's just not the level of stress I want to deal with.
I've been to act 2 34 times today to grab the frenzy monkey again. I've tried Commander of Darkness, didn't make any difference, all minions explode within 1-2 packs.
I don't normally play minion builds (this is actually my first minion build since beta) and I'm probably doing something very wrong. I know zero about specters, I've read what was written here but I still have to go to act 2 every map.
Thank you for the effort in replying here and putting this together, even though it didn't work for me. And for you guys still playing this build, I'm genuinely impressed (for real), I have no idea how you're doing it.
Ok, this league start is kinda rough for me also.

Upgraded to skin of the loyal, trigger sceptre with minion dmg/minion dd, glorious vanity, empower 3, 21 holy relic and all that.

After glorious vanity my survivability is finally good enough to not suddenly die in a random situations, so thats all good.
But i feel like my dmg is lacking now a bit in t16 maps.

My guess would be that steps to boost dmg is:
1. switching to crit? Punishment -> ass mark, host chieftan spectre, cont dest -> crit dmg and getting AG with kingsmaker?
2. divergent holy relic (none lvl 21 atm, is lvl 20 worth it vs lvl 21 normal relic?) + altqual static strike
3. getting second curse amulet and corrupted gloves
4. asses of the stars (it's 30 ex wtf :/ )

Correct?

"
gtankbr wrote:
I officially give up.
I applaud you guys for being able to play this build and make it work but I think it's just not for me. Between every minion (relics, specters, golems) dying pretty much every 2 packs, the damage in general being overwhelmingly low (I got everything except empower), the overall tankiness of the character being heavily reliant on not getting hit (because if something goes through block, you're pretty much dead unless you flask/automate flasks like crazy) it's just not the level of stress I want to deal with.
I've been to act 2 34 times today to grab the frenzy monkey again. I've tried Commander of Darkness, didn't make any difference, all minions explode within 1-2 packs.
I don't normally play minion builds (this is actually my first minion build since beta) and I'm probably doing something very wrong. I know zero about specters, I've read what was written here but I still have to go to act 2 every map.
Thank you for the effort in replying here and putting this together, even though it didn't work for me. And for you guys still playing this build, I'm genuinely impressed (for real), I have no idea how you're doing it.

you dont need to go to act2 to summon frenzy monke (btw, you should use carnage chieftan from act7 to gain frenzy charges), just use desecrate to spawn corpses of specres that you use
Hey archer, played this last league and it was amazing. Playing it again this league and I still think its amazing, regardless of alot of our items being more expensive. You mentioned some stuff we need to convert to crit, but didnt mention Hits Can't be Evaded craft before converting. Is this still the only way or did I miss something
"
ont need to go to act2 to summon frenzy monke (btw, you should use carnage chieftan from act7 to gain frenzy charges), just use desecrate to spawn corpses of specres that you use

well spectres scale with level of gem, it doesnt matter
"
ApexDivinity wrote:
Hey archer, played this last league and it was amazing. Playing it again this league and I still think its amazing, regardless of alot of our items being more expensive. You mentioned some stuff we need to convert to crit, but didnt mention Hits Can't be Evaded craft before converting. Is this still the only way or did I miss something

You can grab it on passive tree, it just saves 2 passive points if you have it on a weapon.
A little update time.

Lets start with - what happened to the build due to changes GGG implemented on the rare monsters.

The build used to function by providing good clear speed with little investment, letting you clear maps and progress your atlas at fast speed, even if it would take a bit more time to do map bosses due to lack of single target damage.

Letting you accumulate a fair bit of currency and do upgrades that would let you fix the single target damage later on.

Now, most rares take more time to kill than map boss, playing this build feels tedious. At least in the red maps that you can get pretty fast into.

On top of that some rares fully brick the build like Temporal Bubble.

That being said, making few more upgrades, I am comfortably farming juiced up t16, unlocked all atlas, and farmed elder, shaper, eater, exarch, katarina.

Moving forward to transition to crit and infuse the build with spell suppression. Already sitting on 50% no top of max block. Good thing about that, is that you would not need Aegis Aurora.

Current gear

The game feels like a chore to play for me, so I won't be playing too much. Still, plan on pushing to feared, just not as fast as initially expected.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 18, 2022, 3:45:58 AM
Loving the build so far, was wondering about an Animated Guardian setup tho. You can give him brittle boots and other goodies, what's your recommended setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info