[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

I'll provide some constructive criticism from a league starter standpoint.

Bro you should create a budget PoB.

It's hard to take this build seriously when the "less expensive" PoB build uses 7 unique jewels. Fortress covenant is the only affordable jewel in the list.

This "budget build" looks like it starts at 10ex, even when taking the 6L unique chest down to 5L.

I suggest making a budget PoB around the 1-3ex price point.

It's hard to tell what the hell to take in a skilltree when 24 points are dedicated to cluster jewel skills alone.

You have a midgame/early mapping gear section which is great, but you should update the PoB to reflect that, along with ditching the expensive clusters for something actually obtainable within the first week.

That said, this build looks cool so I'd like to try out a budget version to see if I like the playstyle. Flicker with only multi, and I guess ancestral call, seems pretty difficult for frenzy charge generation unless you are doing content that you can one shot, which most builds do not do as they push progression instead.
Last edited by dizz on May 11, 2022, 10:19:04 PM
"
Yanwar wrote:
Ghazzy made starter builds tierlist and holy relics is A tier so relics still might become more popular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-A4Su7Gezg

Yeah, we were aware he is promoting holy relics, but my guess on whats gonna happen is - people gonna follow his guide, its gonna suck massive ass for them, and they gonna quit and reroll.

I remember how sucky it was for people to follow even this guide when it was static strike only. Plus his giude features Aegis and Ashes as starting point so there is that. Someone will stick to the build that's for sure, and its already had double the amount of players since last league 0.02% ---> 0.04%. Lets make sure we help new players who might stumble into this guide.

"
dizz wrote:
I'll provide some constructive criticism from a league starter standpoint.

And I'm greatful for it! I'm always looking for more feedback to improve this guide.

"
dizz wrote:
It's hard to take this build seriously when the "less expensive" PoB build uses 7 unique jewels. Fortress covenant is the only affordable jewel in the list.

So, you are the second person who say something like that. And I am a bit confused. Is it not a common knoledge that you can use 'Manage trees' function in PoB? Or am I not understanding your question correctly? Maybe I should put it in FaQ?

There are also snapshots of the build progression with items and all in "Leveling"

I also don't think I ever used word 'budget' at all in the guide, even though most items are fairly afordable and/or have afordable alternatives.

That being said, I will agree that its something that can benefit players. I will try and make alternative items sets for different investments. Most likely not gonna come out before I fully upgrade the build this league.

"
dizz wrote:
Flicker with only multi, and I guess ancestral call, seems pretty difficult for frenzy charge generation

You'd think so, but it really isn't. Every jump inside of the pack generates you a lot of charges because of multihit overlap. Relic damage is fairly high so you will start oneshoting everything at some point. And before that, just use Static Strike while mid enemies if something survives.

Sure, ocasionaly you might run out of charges early game, but you still keep the move speed buff from flicker, the cooldown on flicker is not that big, AND you can further help yourself by using Frenzy monkey specter.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 12, 2022, 4:38:07 AM
"
There are also snapshots of the build progression with items and all in "Leveling"

I didn't see this, thank you.

Clever build all and all, something I've never seen before or even considered was possible. Wasn't trying to give you a hard time, this looks super cool.

I will probably try both this and skele mages this league (since I've never tried either), and may come back to post about progress on how it's going.

I've tried standard flicker a couple times and it was the most fun build I've ever played since open beta started.

Cheers!
Last edited by dizz on May 12, 2022, 8:46:55 PM
Even with ashes of the stars amulet I don't see you sustaining frenzies vs single target, it ends up being 27% chance on hit to gain a frenzy right? 33% is the minimum required since you hit 3 times per attack.

Could you use poacher's mark to help sustain frenzies vs single target? With ashes quality boost it's up to an extra 12.5% chance on hit, mark on hit support lowers it to around 10%. So in total you get around 37% chance to gain a frenzy charge vs single target which should be good enough.

There's also the Elegant Hubris notable roll for 10% chance to gain frenzy on hit but idk how hard that is to roll and you give up Corrupted Soul
"
Even with ashes of the stars amulet I don't see you sustaining frenzies vs single target, it ends up being 27% chance on hit to gain a frenzy right? 33% is the minimum required since you hit 3 times per attack.

Could you use poacher's mark to help sustain frenzies vs single target? With ashes quality boost it's up to an extra 12.5% chance on hit, mark on hit support lowers it to around 10%. So in total you get around 37% chance to gain a frenzy charge vs single target which should be good enough.

There's also the Elegant Hubris notable roll for 10% chance to gain frenzy on hit but idk how hard that is to roll and you give up Corrupted Soul

You use Static strike for single target. And Flicker if you need to stick to them, like if you need to follow maven/al-hezmin dashes.

Also there are plenty of videos in Videos showing you how that works and how it sustains.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 13, 2022, 5:10:41 AM
Okay, day 1 update time.

Oof... I don't know what GGG was thinking adding this monster mods into the core game.

Don't you like dying? Well don't worry, with few fixed to the early game items you will ONLY JUST die every time you meet Mana Siphon or Temporal bubble. No biggie.

As for everything else, my recommendations would be as follows

1) Grab Magna Eclipsis. Great shield. Do not be intimidated by the price, check wiki on how to make it and just buy parts for it. They are super cheap.

It will give you bunch of protection stats and elemental aegis. Good stuff.

2) Grab black oil and craft Testudo on Anvil amulet. Game is too dangerous to try and go recoup.

3) Grab Inexorable for early endurance charges. You can refund it later.

4) Try crafting a claw with life on hit - its not big but it helps a bit.

5) Use Determination if you have to instead of one of your damage auras. I was doing yellow maps with just skitterbots, so it should be fine even if a bit slow on fat rares.

6) Taunt totem is your friend. So are Taunting specters.

My first day didn't went too well. Not a single good drop, very slow progression, and well... archnem mobs everywhere. Still... I'm chilling in red maps and here are 2 snapshots of the PoB I had when I finished acts and a fresh PoB where I am now.

Acts done PoB - https://pastebin.com/QEvsSMKC

Current PoB - https://pastebin.com/TbuViDwA

Current Gear
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 14, 2022, 10:46:22 AM
How in the world did you make it to red maps on that? My gear is slightly better and I'm struggling to clear blue white maps lol
Here's my Day 1/2

https://pastebin.com/FJ9F4sMU

I started absolution until i got Static strike set up in Act 3 library and breezed through the campaign as holy Relic with splash of all the minions.

Feel pretty good, It was cheaper to pick up a +1 Spell gem Sceptre than the alva modded sceptre.

It felt rough the first 12 hours with the overtuned mods and when i woke up it was significantly easier.
Question about the shock when you focus ring. How do you focus?
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
"
gtankbr wrote:
How in the world did you make it to red maps on that? My gear is slightly better and I'm struggling to clear blue white maps lol

Well, you are missing trigger craft on your weapon, and that like one of the most important things you need to get first. You laso don't have +1 to gems on your chest and your shitld can easily be replaced by recomended uniques to cap your block.

"
zakalwe55 wrote:
Question about the shock when you focus ring. How do you focus?

You get focus ability as one of the skills when you craft this modifier on the ring. And can put it on your skill bar, making it - press the button - shock enemies around you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info