[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

Is there a "good" way to invest into spell suppression/block with this build, or do we not need that?
"
Think build creator went tetsudo for that extra block chance. Btw, I noticed you are using brutal restraint jewel with second sight? How did you mitigate the blind chance?

Anyways how are people mitigating blind chance from legion jewel?

Has anyone an answer? I'm also asking myself if the legion jewel is really a benefit here, we're losing unwavering stance and get perma-blind. Activating blind in pob does not really do a difference to accuracy tho but I don't understand why.

Also, what can we do against chill in this build?
Last edited by Eskalior on Oct 30, 2021, 5:28:09 AM
"
Eskalior wrote:
"
Think build creator went tetsudo for that extra block chance. Btw, I noticed you are using brutal restraint jewel with second sight? How did you mitigate the blind chance?

Has anyone an answer? I'm also asking myself if the legion jewel is really a benefit here, we're losing unwavering stance and get perma-blind. Activating blind in pob does not really do a difference to accuracy tho but I don't understand why.

Self blind is more of a max gear thing rather than an mid game power choice. The plan seems to be to have enough accuracy to ignore the blind. which is achieved in the gear shown in the PoB. I would save this purchase for last. I.e unless you have 50ex of gear, forget about it.

Purity of element's gives ailment immunity to chill.
"
1benjy1 wrote:
"
Eskalior wrote:
"

Self blind is more of a max gear thing rather than an mid game power choice. The plan seems to be to have enough accuracy to ignore the blind. which is achieved in the gear shown in the PoB. I would save this purchase for last. I.e unless you have 50ex of gear, forget about it.

Purity of element's gives ailment immunity to chill.

Correct, I'd buy the blind jewel as probably last.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
help) https://pastebin.com/rZeyjAHN zero dps) i swap BF
I leveled this build to 92 and Reave is definitely a fun skill, but I was very unhappy with the squishiness of the build on T14 maps and above. I have around 5,1k life, 75/29 Block, with flasks 80% phys dmg. reduction, 79/78/80 resistances, but was constantly oneshotted. I've died this league already more often then the entire last league I played (ritual with a CoC build). Yesterday I did not even managed to beat Drox on A8, as he oneshotted me with the clap hands attack (not the big fist from above, which is very easy to avoid). Okay, I was tired and played not very good, but builds who claim to be tanky, should survive this attack. All in all, I think the build is far to squishy for the damage it provides.

As scaling the damage is not so easy without bigger investments, I've decided to strengthen the defenses instead, replaced Impact with Overwhelm, which gives near enemies -30% crit multi and replaced Abyssus with Devotos Devotion (Starkonjas would also be fine, gives even a bit more damage, but I like the movement speed from Devotos more). The build feels now way smoother, safer and vaal double strike still kills most bigger mobs fast. Normal mobs still die very quickly.

Another idea is to throw away the shield entirely and go dual wield to compensate for the lost damage a bit more.
Last edited by xcrash12 on Oct 30, 2021, 9:29:30 AM
"
1benjy1 wrote:
"
Woodeath wrote:
Hello there !
I have some trouble about survivability (mainly in scourge and bossing HL) but i think it's normal in a way. But I struggle about the damage.

Can I ask for some advice about where should i go from there please ? (by priority order if possible)

Thanks in advance ! <3

You want to change your gloves, belt, shield, boots and weapon next i think.

You don't seem to have as much life as you could have, we have great regen from leech but after a while you need that life to actually increase what you can take at once.

Survivability focus would be i'd get Atziri's acuity as your next item, just a rare belt with 100 life would be more useful imo but Ryslatha's is a good source of life and dmg so that's the best choice. Your boots also lack life. You can get much more life and you want ?% life gain on block over flat on your shield. Getting a faster weapon will make you more mobile, deal more dmg and therefore survive better. Imo Ahn's is not a good sword, especially since we use blood rage.

for damage maybe get a 1ex sword followed by ryslatha's and then atziri's acuity.

Thanks for your advives :). Changed my sword and it is a little bit smoother. Gonna try to buy the Atziri's acuity ;D !

Thanks again !
Hey. I am currently doing T9-11 maps comfortably, but i have noticed that you have two more PoBs posted that have Slayer ascendacy? The only PoB i have been using is the one between the bold text using gladiator ascendacy. Should i respec to slayer or when should i do it? Quite confusing.
Hi,
In case you don't know, Blind is pretty much useless in this build now. See 3.16.0 Patch notes:

"Blinded now causes targets to have 20% less Accuracy Rating and Evasion Rating. This change makes it so Blind is of no defensive help to characters who have no Evasion, but helps if you do."

So maybe you will want to swap Blind Paradoxica with something else.

Also, please take some time to properly update the guide. Not just some, but a lot of stuff here is outdated.
Last edited by Polemo03 on Oct 30, 2021, 10:36:16 AM
Anyone got a moment to check my character out? I think on the weapon side of things I am doing fine, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to survive now that I am getting into red maps. Dunno if I am missing anything particularly big in my equipment.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info