[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

Hey, I Just converted to using reave at lv 70 and I just noticed after getting the 3rd ascendency that the POB uses slayer but I followed the text which said to go gladiator.

Which of these should I go with, and is it worth swapping out of glad?
Anyone got a moment to check my character out? I think on the weapon side of things I am doing fine, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to survive now that I am getting into red maps. Dunno if I am missing anything particularly big in my equipment.

Thanks.
"
AlvanJustice wrote:
"
"
ihavesoul1 wrote:
That build is weak, no more .
It'c not a "100% maps & mad strong in scourge undieble e.t.c"
You have to invest A LOT for be unkillable, you have to invest A LOT for play that build.
That NOT a starter at all. You need 4-5 ex for START , just for yellow maps.
And prepare to use 4 buttons for kill ST.
Gl hf.

Miners, Trapers, Poison, Spellslinger, Corruptin Fewer MUCH better for start, they have MUCH more clear speed, they have much MORE potential for upgrades
Also they are not melee builds

That build dying like a popcorn on high tier maps

I couldn't agree more. I leveled this to 89 and spent around 10-15ex and it's a very disappointing build. I don't recommend anyone using this, specially for this league.

• Clear Speed: B - Decent clear but many crippling modifiers will make you reroll mods all the time.
  • Bossing: D - Bad ST damage. Squishy. Skill change.
  • Tankyness: D - This build is squishy at endgame, specially from spell damage. This league's mechanic doesn't help.
  • Cost: C - 10ex+ To get disappointing results. No SSF, bad starter.
  • Ease of use: C - Hard, you need 5 auras + 8 buttons + pots. Even more if you switch skill for bosses. The guide is a mess with a lot of outdated info.
  • Overall: C - Don't waste your time, find a better build

Gotta disagree with you. Probably isnt a problem with a build, but rather, the player.

I've only spent 1Ex on my armor, weapon is 2C, and everyth else is under 5c.
and its been a breeze so far, even at red maps.
Literally just one button reave everyth, and VDS for the bosses.

Easy peasy. Perhaps you gotta re-evaluate your playstyle if you've spent 10+Ex with no results.

Yo, thinking about rolling a duelist. How fast can you clear t16's, also how's the single target, do you need to switch to blade flurry or reave + ds is enough ?
So I just finished leveling this build through the acts and am about to start maps.
I spent my currency just buying the basics that I could afford for the build.

What would be the best order of upgrades be?
What kind of gem setup do you guys use for Blade Flurry for single target? Are you just swapping out Reave for Blade Flurry or are you changing out other gems?

I just tried to use Blade Flurry on Sirius and it seemed pretty underwhelming. I'm really struggling with single target on high end bosses.

Also - what gods are you using in the pantheon? The suggested ones in the build writeup?
Last edited by chairfight on Oct 31, 2021, 4:12:28 PM
Just wanted to share some of the things I noticed playing this build:
Damage wise:
1. Either I do something wrong or Paradoxica is not worth it. I bought one with phys damage + impale + crit multi today and sold it again after just one map (map had no bad mods). It felt horrible. PoB DPS loves the weapon, but the attack speed is far too slow. I've happily switched back to my 1.5 ex ~335 pdps foil with 1.86 attack speed and 7.2% crit chance. I think attack speed is key for this build, it improves clear speed and you can react much faster (best layer of defense). Attack speed and crit chance are the two things I now try to get as much as possible from
2. A huge DPS boost is also the "1% increased damage per 1% block chance" mod on crusader shields.
3. A ring with "Curse enemies with Vulnerability on hit" gives a good boost. There are also synthesized versions, they only have 20% increased effect but it makes crafting a lot easier
Defense wise:
1. In one of the PoBs KMQ takes Magebane + Reflexes. I think that spell suppression comes really handy. We have no use for evasion anyway because of unwavering stance. I also took Iron Reflexes using Thread of Hope, gives quite a chunk of armor in my case.
2. Proactive jumping, especially in the scourge realm
3. dont forget "Discipline and Training" blight enchant

Hope that helps anyone. For me the build now finally picks up and feels good, I can understand the frustration of others, it really requires some currency but I think most importently the original build lacks attack speed. Regarding gear I'd say start with the cheap basics (rare gear + abyssus) and try getting a decent shield and weapon first, then pick something out of the PoB and work towards it. Thread of hope should come early as it allows you to safe a lot of passives

Edit: I feel like Abyssus is responsible for a lot of my deaths. Probably should also replace that for something with a lot of life and defenses
Last edited by Eskalior on Oct 31, 2021, 7:01:14 PM
"
Eskalior wrote:
Just wanted to share some of the things I noticed playing this build:
Damage wise:
1. Either I do something wrong or Paradoxica is not worth it. I bought one with phys damage + impale + crit multi today and sold it again after just one map (map had no bad mods). It felt horrible. PoB DPS loves the weapon, but the attack speed is far too slow. I've happily switched back to my 1.5 ex ~335 pdps foil with 1.86 attack speed and 7.2% crit chance. I think attack speed is key for this build, it improves clear speed and you can react much faster (best layer of defense). Attack speed and crit chance are the two things I now try to get as much as possible from

Defense wise:
1. In one of the PoBs KMQ takes Magebane + Reflexes. I think that spell suppression comes really handy. We have no use for evasion anyway because of unwavering stance. I also took Iron Reflexes using Thread of Hope, gives quite a chunk of armor in my case.
2. Proactive jumping, especially in the scourge realm

Yeah from my experience with this build so far, despite it being a shield build, movement is far and away the most important piece of mitigation. Based on what you've said I think a Paradoxica should be a safe thing to ignore as an upgrade.

But it's sad that spell block became so hard to get. I much prefer survivability over damage (I beat Uber Elder in Heist with an averagely geared ED Trickster), so I'm interested in finding a way to maximize spell suppression with this build. It should be easy to grab at least 40% with equipment between a shield and boots, just wondering if it can be found on rings/amulets too.
"
DoomCloudX wrote:

I'm interested in finding a way to maximize spell suppression with this build. It should be easy to grab at least 40% with equipment between a shield and boots, just wondering if it can be found on rings/amulets too.

There is this boot lab enchant that increases spell suppression, other than that we can get a bit spell block on the helmet as well. I'm currently searching for abyssus alternatives as we can get a huge defense improvement this way. Sad thing is we also lose a lot of DPS, the other gear needs to make up for it.
"
Eskalior wrote:

There is this boot lab enchant that increases spell suppression, other than that we can get a bit spell block on the helmet as well. I'm currently searching for abyssus alternatives as we can get a huge defense improvement this way. Sad thing is we also lose a lot of DPS, the other gear needs to make up for it.

It did dawn on me that we can even get spell suppression on the chest too, but with the nerf to explodey chests I'm just wondering if they're still worth going for.
Hello KMQ

I rebuilt my glad/Reave build into your most recent slayer build. I copied your tree and used pretty good gear I had on hand. POB dps is only ~640k, nowhere near any millions. I'd like to know what you think are the biggest obstacles keeping my dps so low. I can buy stuff pretty easily, but want to know where to focus first. In addition you may notice places where I have useless stuff or mods.

Thanks. Among my characters in Standard this one is DharmaKazi, he had 1.6 million dps as a glad in 3.15 with max block for everything.

https://pastebin.com/1GJtU9tN
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info