[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

To anyone struggling with reave at lower levels, unless you are very experienced with the game or you can play around the clock, do not switch to reave until you're level 85 or so. It requires quite a lot of things from passives for things to come together and the gear requirement, while not extreme, it will feel very bad for anyone first time trying reave. It really starts to take off when you can reach 7+ attacks/second. And it does no matter if your tree looks completely different than the actual reave build, you can always respec later on (this is the more experienced player route). It's not uncommon for me to make a build that levels completely different, because some skills just only shine at end game and some skills excel at leveling with just 4 link. Pretty much every league i've done 60+ respec point builds.

And one thing that has stayed unchanged since late 2013, when reave was added in the game, is that it will feel absolutely terrible with slow weapons and bad gear. Ahn's sword is propably the worst thing you can use for reave, you should be playing cyclone / bladestorm or quite literally anything but reave until you have a fast attack speed on your weapon, preferably 1.75 aps bare minimum. Sure you can do it and struggle all the way, but had you done some other skill, you'd have a lot better and efficient time leveling up.

Also for people wondering why are you dying to 1 shots in white maps. Abyssus makes you take minimum 40% more physical damage and also no spell block in the build anymore. You're not healing through blocking almost at all, because reave attacks from so far, most things that will ever hit you are projectiles, while many of them are attacks and blocked but countless of them will be from spells and you will be shotgunned to death real fast. You can work around that once you get used to the skill by adapting a different playstyle, but it will never feel so reliable like 79% spell block did.

Last edited by Juhazzz on Oct 27, 2021, 1:26:11 AM
I'm guessing (hoping) KMQ is close to finishing lvling his character (92) and will re-appear here to give us a general update on the build.
"
Juhazzz wrote:
To anyone struggling with reave at lower levels, unless you are very experienced with the game or you can play around the clock, do not switch to reave until you're level 85 or so. It requires quite a lot of things from passives for things to come together and the gear requirement, while not extreme, it will feel very bad for anyone first time trying reave. It really starts to take off when you can reach 7+ attacks/second. And it does no matter if your tree looks completely different than the actual reave build, you can always respec later on (this is the more experienced player route). It's not uncommon for me to make a build that levels completely different, because some skills just only shine at end game and some skills excel at leveling with just 4 link. Pretty much every league i've done 60+ respec point builds.

And one thing that has stayed unchanged since late 2013, when reave was added in the game, is that it will feel absolutely terrible with slow weapons and bad gear. Ahn's sword is propably the worst thing you can use for reave, you should be playing cyclone / bladestorm or quite literally anything but reave until you have a fast attack speed on your weapon, preferably 1.75 aps bare minimum. Sure you can do it and struggle all the way, but had you done some other skill, you'd have a lot better and efficient time leveling up.

Also for people wondering why are you dying to 1 shots in white maps. Abyssus makes you take minimum 40% more physical damage and also no spell block in the build anymore. You're not healing through blocking almost at all, because reave attacks from so far, most things that will ever hit you are projectiles, while many of them are attacks and blocked but countless of them will be from spells and you will be shotgunned to death real fast. You can work around that once you get used to the skill by adapting a different playstyle, but it will never feel so reliable like 79% spell block did.

Can you point me to a weapon that would be better than Ahn? I'm totally new to this build so I'm not sure what's a good weapon that is better than Ahn. So far i'm pretty much killing everything and if i'm careful I don't die as much after I got my like ascendency points.

edit: i see what you mean now. I was able to find a cheap one with 1.78 atk spd and I can feel the difference in speed
Last edited by izint on Oct 27, 2021, 3:29:02 AM
"
izint wrote:
"
Juhazzz wrote:

Can you point me to a weapon that would be better than Ahn? I'm totally new to this build so I'm not sure what's a good weapon that is better than Ahn. So far i'm pretty much killing everything and if i'm careful I don't die as much after I got my like ascendency points.

edit: i see what you mean now. I was able to find a cheap one with 1.78 atk spd and I can feel the difference in speed

Long ago it wasn't really news to use Faster Attacks and Multistrike both with reave, when daggers were more solid options for the skill, Bino's Kitchen Knife a good example, which really required those both for the skill to feel good. By todays standards it feels a waste of gemslot to use Faster Attacks, but you could for sure try what it does with Ahn's sword. If it makes the playing viable and feeling more comfortable, just go with that and gather some money for gear upgrades.
Just a small clarification: I am in the process of testing and checking the best and most powerful gems, passives and combos so I will be updating once I've conclusively decided what stays. No point in rewriting the guide every day.

If you're really really stuck and the bottom of the first post is already fulfilled by you, I might look at your profile on my stream if I'm not busy.

As for myself - I've finished Sirus AW8, Did 10 boss fight and leveled to 92 with Reave only.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Is there a difference in overall dmg effectivity of vulnerability CoH on ring and haemophilia?

OP switched from haemophilia to atziris acuity - dont we loose big QoL from exploding pack when clearing, resulting in slower clear?

Is pandemonius a good idea for the build? "Chill Enemy for 1 second when Hit, reducing their Action Speed by 30%" sounds good, no?
Last edited by Daemonion on Oct 27, 2021, 6:48:11 AM
Could anyone take a look at my char (83) and recommend what my next upgrade should be on a ~140 chaos budget? Thxx
Last edited by NosesforSale on Oct 27, 2021, 9:23:44 AM
really enjoying this in Scourge! Thank you.
Dead, always dead.
Still leveling, how are people handling mana before Spirit Void? I just lost some piece of equip that must of had mana on hit, and suddenly became mana starved.

Leveling switched to Reave about lvl 45 or so and it took a bit of adjustment, working well. Don't forget that high dps sword!
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Just a small clarification: I am in the process of testing and checking the best and most powerful gems, passives and combos so I will be updating once I've conclusively decided what stays. No point in rewriting the guide every day.

If you're really really stuck and the bottom of the first post is already fulfilled by you, I might look at your profile on my stream if I'm not busy.

As for myself - I've finished Sirus AW8, Did 10 boss fight and leveled to 92 with Reave only.

Still a bit confused on why we are picking up Fortify support on boots when we already have the Fortify on Melee Hits passive in the tree?

And also, any specific reason for not having Inc. Duration on your Abyssus for both totems and Steelskin?
Last edited by Wukufyze on Oct 27, 2021, 11:20:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info