[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

This is really bugging me. Could you please enlighten me why we used "Close Combat". When we use lion roar, Monster get pushed away and it's now not close to us. Why not Cri Damage support or something else ?
"
Coloured wrote:
"
Grimreapin wrote:
League mechanic (scourge) is 90% spell damage, and we have 25% spell block, thus complete dogshit?

What am I missing?

More HP and more Leech?

I'm currently at 70% spell suppression. Picked up magebane and reflexes and got some spell suppression on my boots/shield. Could cap if I could get a decent body armour with suppression.

No does not work like that. That is totally different thing. If you need spell block you need to pick " versalite combat" but with it your blocks will be 50/50. after GGG move versalite combat to skill tree right now real block limits are 50/50 (theorically you can have 57 with dualist)
That means block builds kicked bad in this league for dualist.
its not a league starter build checked and failed :) you cant even kill some mid level yellow bosses with this build.
You are right Grimreapin.
Last edited by tkots8080 on Oct 26, 2021, 2:43:30 PM
"
tkots8080 wrote:
"
Coloured wrote:
"
Grimreapin wrote:
League mechanic (scourge) is 90% spell damage, and we have 25% spell block, thus complete dogshit?

What am I missing?

More HP and more Leech?

I'm currently at 70% spell suppression. Picked up magebane and reflexes and got some spell suppression on my boots/shield. Could cap if I could get a decent body armour with suppression.

No does not work like that. That is totally different thing. If you need spell block you need to pick " versalite combat" but with it your blocks will be 50/50. after GGG move versalite combat to skill tree right now real block limits are 50/50 (theorically you can have 57 with dualist)
That means block builds kicked bad in this league for dualist.
its not a league starter build checked and failed :) you cant even kill some mid level yellow bosses with this build.

It's not a league starter, yet I started this league with it? I even swapped to reave too early and was struggling because of it, and still pulled my way back out of it, can smoothly do red maps currently and still have a lot of room to grow.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
"
NosesforSale wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I'm 73 running T4 maps. Its going...ok. Last league I was a Herald of Purity and Cyclone build. I just spun around everywhere. This is a bit more involved.

Reave
Vaal Reave
Double Strike
Vaal Double Strike
Ancestral Warchief
Flasks
Steelskin

When am I doing what?

So far I've been Reave most of the time.

Vaal Double Strike when available.

Vaal Reave when its a boss; but its a pain because am I stuck in position?

Double Strike when at a boss, but other Vaal skills are down.

Ancestral Warchief as needed.

Mashing Steelskin and Flasks non-stop

Do I have that right?

He included a section on page 1 that details how to optimize damage for bosses. From the top of my head, right before a boss:
- Pop both ancestrals (make sure warchief is vaal)
- Pop vaal double strike (or blade flurry later? Not sure if that's still in the build...)
- Pop Blood Rage
- Blood stance

AFAIK Vaal Reave is better for clear than for bossing... don't use it as much for single target.

Blood rage too? What is that linked to?

Running out of keybinds, heh

Assign Steelskin to left mouse button, that way it will be used whenever you move (if its not on cooldown ofc).

Totems are usefull when you want to boost your damage on bosses or harder enemies. Vaal Ancestral Warchief boosts your damage by 32% when active, and Ancestral Protector boosts attack speed when active. Place one of each near the boss or before entering scourge (or whenever you feel you need dmg boost).

The Boyz (Vaal Double Strike) are here to help with bosses/harder enemies aswell.

You should never use normal Double Strike. Dont bother with normal Ancestral Warchief aswell.

Playstyle should look like this. Load in to the map, check if all auras are on. Press Blood Rage (duration is like 10sec but it refresh when u kill enemy), press flasks, jump (Leap Slam) into the pack (or somewhere close to the pack) use NORMAL Reave, when you reach 4 normal reave stages (reave icon in top left corner on your screen) then you can use VAAL REAVE on another monster pack to get your reave stages to 8. After that use NORMAL Reave. Re-cast blood rage if it expires, and press flasks from time to time. When you meet with the boss place Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Ancestral Protector, all your Vaal Double Strike clones and start Reavin'

Press VAAL Reave only if you loose youre stages and want them back.

In the guide there is GEMS section, might be a little outdated with some gems, but you should read it aswell.
"
In the guide there is GEMS section, might be a little outdated with some gems, but you should read it aswell.

Shit. Where in the 130pages is the more updated gems?

Just got build mostly together and early mapping. Good time to update whatever is buried in here I missed out on.
"
Prezydenciak wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Assign Steelskin to left mouse button, that way it will be used whenever you move (if its not on cooldown ofc).

Totems are usefull when you want to boost your damage on bosses or harder enemies. Vaal Ancestral Warchief boosts your damage by 32% when active, and Ancestral Protector boosts attack speed when active. Place one of each near the boss or before entering scourge (or whenever you feel you need dmg boost).

The Boyz (Vaal Double Strike) are here to help with bosses/harder enemies aswell.

You should never use normal Double Strike. Dont bother with normal Ancestral Warchief aswell.

Playstyle should look like this. Load in to the map, check if all auras are on. Press Blood Rage (duration is like 10sec but it refresh when u kill enemy), press flasks, jump (Leap Slam) into the pack (or somewhere close to the pack) use NORMAL Reave, when you reach 4 normal reave stages (reave icon in top left corner on your screen) then you can use VAAL REAVE on another monster pack to get your reave stages to 8. After that use NORMAL Reave. Re-cast blood rage if it expires, and press flasks from time to time. When you meet with the boss place Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Ancestral Protector, all your Vaal Double Strike clones and start Reavin'

Press VAAL Reave only if you loose youre stages and want them back.

Great help. Thanks.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
TieDyeT wrote:
"

Just got build mostly together and early mapping. Good time to update whatever is buried in here I missed out on.

First post, first pastebin is your end game goal. (in between white wall of text)
Looking for some help on how to be tankier. I can kill things in maps just fine for now. But there are things that can just kill me like 1-2 shots in T5+ maps, i'm not sure whats doing it either, but its big hits from some monsters.

I've tried uber lab, izual can 2 shot me, 1 hit from him takes me down to ranging from 25%-1% health and I have 0 souls for the vaal skills since it gets reset whenever I go to the map.

Can't really burst him down fast at all without the vaal skills.

I do have max resists as well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/izint/characters/izintduelist
"
Prezydenciak wrote:
"
TieDyeT wrote:
"

First post, first pastebin is your end game goal. (in between white wall of text)

Thank you. does the pob show gear and gems though? I did find the updated pob soon enough to respec from glad a day or two ago. But this sounded like the gem selection had changed and wasn't updated. I think i found it on page 125, and was able to make most of the swaps(only 2g chest instead of 3g/3r)
made it to maps. build does no damage. cant do maps. dont have money. not releveling another charc. Im sure i did something wrong but I can not afford to fix it. oh and my attack speed is slow AF
Last edited by JOharD on Oct 26, 2021, 8:20:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info